Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SOME have forgotten this is a BASEBALL forum. Geez!. . . --->(2nd place - NICE!)<---








    ................................
    Ken Fougère

    Comment


    • 43 days 18 hours 57 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

      Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      Nice french though!
      Given the situation, I had to do the "en français" bit for that post. Seriously tho... I'm disappointed. Well, back to
      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

      1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

      1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


      1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

      Comment


      • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
        Hey RaysFan_98...

        Who would you say is the Rays #1 rival. Personally, I'd think it'd have to be either the Marlins (for obvious reasons) or the Yankees (NYY training complex is in Tampa).

        Just wonderin'
        Interesting question I don't think it's the Marlins personally more the red Sox something is always happening with those series.
        All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

        A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
          Interesting question I don't think it's the Marlins personally more the Red Sox something is always happening with those series.
          RaysFan_98, your obviously an astute baseball fan. I agree with you. The Sox/Rays rivalry has developed incredibly over the last decade. The better teams make better rivalry's. In the last few years the Rays & the Red Sox have usually competed at a higher level than most other teams.
          In fact, other than Baltimore, Rays & the Red Sox, I don't see the
          remaining teams in the A.L. East staying in contention much past the All-Star break. It's ashame too... - :dismay:
          Ken Fougère

          Comment


          • * Check local listings!

            Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
            RaysFan_98, your obviously an astute baseball fan. I agree with you. The Sox/Rays rivalry has developed incredibly over the last decade. The better teams make better rivalry's. In the last few years the Rays & the Red Sox have usually competed at a higher level than most other teams.
            In fact, other than Baltimore, Rays & the Red Sox, I don't see the
            remaining teams in the A.L. East staying in contention much past the All-Star break. It's ashame too... - :dismay:


            You're just testy 'cause the Bruins will be watching the Eastern Conference Finals on TV.* :clown:

            as of 9am today...

            BTW, I'd opine that the reason the Rays number one rival is the Sox, opposed to another division rival, is primarily due to two ALCS meetings.
            Last edited by YankeeMan; 05-16-2014, 07:04 AM. Reason: title added for additional taunting. :-)
            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

            1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

            1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


            1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

            Comment


            • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post

              You're just testy 'cause the Bruins will be watching the Eastern Conference Finals on TV.* :clown:

              as of 9am today...
              [ATTACH]138792[/ATTACH]

              BTW, I'd opine that the reason the Rays number one rival is the Sox, opposed to another division rival, is primarily due to two ALCS meetings.
              One ALCS meeting and One ALDS meeting
              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

              A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

              Comment


              • Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post

                You're just testy 'cause the Bruins will be watching the Eastern Conference Finals on TV.* :clown:

                as of 9am today...
                [ATTACH]138792[/ATTACH]

                BTW, I'd opine that the reason the Rays number one rival is the Sox, opposed to another division rival, is primarily due to two ALCS meetings.
                Me testy? Why are you so testy? It's not like I was talking about the Yankees. I never even mentioned them in my post . . . Geez! -
                Last edited by KenFougere; 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM.
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • East Finals Gm #2: NYR 3 MTL 1!!!

                  Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                  [ATTACH]138820[/ATTACH]
                  Me testy? Why are you so testy? It's not like I was talking about the Yankees. I never even mentioned them in my post . . . Geez! -
                  First off, no reasonable person is gonna' believe that load of crap but, since your audience is mostly Bostonian, you should be okay. :clown: Besides, if your talking about the Jays, they should be a lighter shade of blue.

                  In other news... I don't know how many times the NY RANGERS have won a playoff game on my birthday (May 19th) but it hasn't been many.* Up 2-0 and returning to NYC! WOO-HOO! And, in case you've forgotten, the Yankees hold SOLE POSSESSION of FIRST PLACE on my birthday too. roof:

                  *However, I do know they accomplished the feat in 1994...
                  Last edited by YankeeMan; 05-20-2014, 12:47 AM.
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                  1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                  1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                  1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                    One ALCS meeting and One ALDS meeting
                    I stand corrected. Well, sit corrected actually.
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                    1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                    1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                    1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                    Comment


                    • Happy Birthday, you . . .

                      Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                      First off, no reasonable person is gonna' believe that load of crap but, since your audience is mostly Bostonian, you should be okay. :clown:

                      Besides, if your talking about the Jays, they should be a lighter shade of blue.
                      Boy, are YOU getting easy in YOUR new old age!
                      After all these years,
                      you'd think you'd know me by now! - - -
                      - Happy Birthday, you OLD Fart! - :balloon:

                      happy-birthday-wishes-animation-image.gif
                      Ken Fougère

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                        [INDENT][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]Boy, are YOU getting easy in YOUR new old age!
                        After all these years,
                        you'd think you[COLOR="#FF0000"]'d know me by now! - - -
                        [INDENT] - Happy Birthday, you OLD Fart! - :balloon:
                        Did you get him a Red Sox hoodie to make up for the Yanks hat he gave you for YOUR birthday?
                        ;^)
                        "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                          Did you get him a Red Sox hoodie to make up for the Yanks hat he gave you for YOUR birthday?
                          ;^)
                          Hey! That was a nice hat!
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                          1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                          1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                          1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                            Did you get him a Red Sox hoodie to make up for the Yanks hat he gave you for YOUR birthday?
                            ;^)
                            - I've known YankeeMan for over a decade and all he's ever given me was and a lot of too . . .
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 05-21-2014, 05:03 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

                            Comment


                            • 36 days, 4 hours, 52 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

                              Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                              - I've known YankeeMan for over a decade and all he's ever given me was and a lot of too . . .


                              Who me? :innocent:

                              You haven't got the hat yet 'cause I had it shipped to my house... :cap: You know, so I'd be sure you'd get it.
                              It's here waiting for you to pick it up. :clown: [You don't mind if I wear it a bit until you come get it, do you? :blush:]
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                              1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                              1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                              1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                              Comment


                              • Let the fun begin Sox fans =)
                                All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                                A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X