X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
    How y'all doing? I feel GREAT! :clown:
    Third place makes you feel great? Oh okay.
    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Stop gloating. People will know you're a New Yorker.

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post

Our offense is so anemic. All pitchers have performed outstandingly. Injuries can't be the only reason. We haven't been getting ANY offense out of our outfield. The loss of Ellsbury's hitting is not the reason. They better pick up major offensive help before the deadline if they have any hope for a successful season.
      I keep thinking, "If we only took a chance on Nelson Cruz" . . . :dismay:

How, in one season, do you go from MLB's best offense to the worst? I just don't get it. -

I think if we pick up a solid bat, (and our current hitters come out of their comma's) and the pitching remains consistent, their playoff chances improve dramatically. -
      This is what I meant. THREE HITS? - Off of that mediocre fool tonight? - :disgruntled:

Last year we had the best offense in the entire MLB. This year #22 . . . Why? What's made such a difference?

*At this rate we'll have 250 less in both hits & runs scored and our OPS ave. is down over 100 points as a team . . . - :dismay:

2013.png
      2014.png
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
        Third place makes you feel great? Oh okay.
        Well, there's a lot of baseball yet to be played... a starting pitcher on the mend... and the team's moving in the right direction.
        So, I'll take it (3rd place on 6/28/14).

Sure as hell beats fourth place.
        :clown:
        Last edited by YankeeMan; 06-28-2014, 09:32 AM.
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
          This is what I meant. THREE HITS? - Off of that mediocre fool tonight? - :disgruntled:

Last year we had the best offense in the entire MLB. This year #22 . . . Why? What's made such a difference?

*At this rate we'll have 250 less in both hits & runs scored and our OPS ave. is down over 100 points as a team . . . - :dismay:

Hmm, that is a mystery... Do you have any clues as to where your missing offense might've went?

Ellsbury.jpg :clown:

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Hmm, that is a mystery... Do you have any clues as to where your missing offense might've went?

[ATTACH]140204[/ATTACH] :clown:
            Yea, right. He's only at .286. He had better numbers at this point last year for us . . . .

But look at our 3 outfielders last year. There's the answer to my question in my previous post . . .

2013.png
            2014.png
            Last edited by KenFougere; 06-28-2014, 06:33 PM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

Well, there's a lot of baseball yet to be played... a starting pitcher on the mend... and the team's moving in the right direction.
              So, I'll take it (3rd place on 6/28/30).

Sure as hell beats fourth place.
              :clown:
              Darn, you are right. Most of them will soon be eligible for an Over-35 Baseball League. I think the reason why the front office won't allow facial hair is they know the team would all look like a bunch of scraggly greybeards. :joking:

Comment

Darn, you are right. Most of them will soon be eligible for an Over-35 Baseball League. I think the reason why the front office won't allow facial hair is they know the team would all look like a bunch of scraggly greybeards. :joking:

Ken Fougère

Comment

• N A P O L I ............ and ............ L E S T E R :applaud:

Napoli.png Lester.png

Prove to be too much for Yankees and their Ace !

http://m.mlb.com/bos/video/topic/700...0811/?c_id=bos

Last edited by KenFougere; 06-29-2014, 12:10 AM. Reason: Added pics & video for YankeeMan's enjoyment . . . .
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• I think Ellsbury set a new record tonight for the most stolen bases after three outs. His former teammates let him run around the bases for nothing. Slide Jacoby Slide!

Napoli will never ever see a two-strike fastball from Tanaka again. Great pitchers duel!

Comment

I think Ellsbury set a new record tonight for the most stolen bases after three outs. His former teammates let him run around the bases for nothing. Slide Jacoby Slide!

Napoli will never ever see a two-strike fastball from Tanaka again. Great pitchers duel!
                      I never liked that short right-field porch they put in the new stadium. -
                      But I think I'm warming up to it more . . .
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                        I never liked that short right-field porch they put in the new stadium. -
                        But I think I'm warming up to it more . . .
                        Would that HR been caught in Fenway?

Comment

Would that HR been caught in Fenway?
                          Definitely.
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Boy. I hope he's alright.

Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                            How y'all doing? I feel GREAT! :clown:
                            I'm a little worried about Yankeeman.
                            Last night he posted so quickly after the game and seemed to be in a very jubilant mood.
                            I sure hope he's not walking home from the game alone. Shaking his head, looking down at the sidewalk thinking to himself,
                            YM: 'I can't login to Bitter Rivals and face, no, I mean read the posts from that nice guy Ken. Especially after I made so much fun of his team's loss Friday'.
                            Then a solution, (somehow), finds a way into his hard head. (I know it's not likely but remember this is fiction.)
                            YM: 'I know what I'll do. I'll go out to the shed a get my sledge hammer and just say my computer crashed.' -
                            Last edited by KenFougere; 06-28-2014, 11:24 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Dammit, I think it's another lost season...

I would like it noted that ANY COMMENTS attributed to me by "certain persons" should be treated with GREAT SKEPTICISM. Just saying...
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I would like it noted that ANY COMMENTS attributed to me by "certain persons" should be treated with GREAT SKEPTICISM. Just saying...
                                - Tough weekend. Huh big fella? - :innocent:
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 06-30-2014, 01:17 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X