Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a bad first game for me. we score 3 runs in the 7th.
    WITHOUT A HIT!
    As great as the Pats were winning the Super Bowl,

and much like

YankeeMan,

I still love Red Sox Baseball
    Last edited by KenFougere; 04-14-2015, 07:03 PM.
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• . . . and the Yankees came so close to beating the Orioles! But the silver lining is, at least they're still in the cellar! -
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
        . . . and the Yankees came so close to beating the Orioles! But the silver lining is, at least they're still in the cellar! -

They're gonna' be there awhile. :dismay:
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Does "a while" mean less than a week which is what it turned out to be?

Comment

• Hey Bronx buddy . . .

Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post

They're gonna' be there awhile. :dismay:
            With lousey answers like that one, your posts this season are really going to suck. (Even more than usual, too!) . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Three-way tie for first in the AL East. Too early for me to understand what's going on.
              "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
              "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• I'm sure YankeeMan would agree . . .

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                Three-way tie for first in the AL East. Too early for me to understand what's going on.
                Well, it looks to me we'll have the top offense in the division. It's going to come down to who picks up an ace before the trade deadline in July that will decide A.L.East crown . . . Probably between Boston, Baltimore or Toronto.
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• April has come and gone and I wish a few of the Red Sox starters would do the same. Tonight is another battle for 1st place in the AL East. Sabathia-Eovaldi-Warren vs Masterson-Wright-Kelly in the series. Looks like hits to me. There is always one good pitchers duel whenever the Yankees and Sox play and that might be tonight.

Letting Andrew Miller get away is a short term mistake. A-Rod's return to Fenway will provide some drama. Both teams should be making moves after the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                    April has come and gone and I wish a few of the Red Sox starters would do the same. Tonight is another battle for 1st place in the AL East. Sabathia-Eovaldi-Warren vs Masterson-Wright-Kelly in the series. Looks like hits to me. There is always one good pitchers duel whenever the Yankees and Sox play and that might be tonight.

Letting Andrew Miller get away is a short term mistake. A-Rod's return to Fenway will provide some drama. Both teams should be making moves after the series.
                    You see Sabathia (0-4 and just shy of 6.00 ERA) as the primary reason the Sox refuse to give long term contracts to starters who are over thirty . . . It should be like the NFL. No guaranteed contracts for at least the the second half of the contract. Anyones thoughts?
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

You see Sabathia (0-4 and just shy of 6.00 ERA) as the primary reason the Sox refuse to give long term contracts to starters who are over thirty . . . It should be like the NFL. No guaranteed contracts for at least the the second half of the contract. Anyones thoughts?
                      Teams keep right on offering 7 to 10-year contracts as TV revenue continues to grow. It's as if nobody cares they spent $5 million to $20 million dollars on a player who is injured, suspended, or basically worthless and over the hill. MLB won't change until everyone has to tighten their belts and reduce spending.

It's a great time to be a pro ballplayer!

Comment

Teams keep right on offering 7 to 10-year contracts as TV revenue continues to grow. It's as if nobody cares they spent $5 million to $20 million dollars on a player who is injured, suspended, or basically worthless and over the hill. MLB won't change until everyone has to tighten their belts and reduce spending.

It's a great time to be a pro ballplayer! You ain't kidding!
                        You would of thought that would have happened after NYY.png King George passsed away . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

You would of thought that would have happened after [ATTACH]148075[/ATTACH] King George passsed away . . .
                          Stephen Drew just turned 32 and I thought he was older than that...$5,000,000 salary this year after last season's .162 BA in 300 plate appearances. Below average fielding at 2B because he is a SS. Hiked his average up to .177 this year and is showing decent power. If he had batted .262 last season he probably would be getting $10 million.

I wonder if he has been hiding an injury since 2013?

Comment

Stephen Drew just turned 32 and I thought he was older than that...$5,000,000 salary this year after last season's .162 BA in 300 plate appearances. Below average fielding at 2B because he is a SS. Hiked his average up to .177 this year and is showing decent power. If he had batted .262 last season he probably would be getting $10 million.

I wonder if he has been hiding an injury since 2013?

Sounds an awe-full lot like another Drew who wore #7 for the Sox...
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• I wonder if there's anything good on TV tonight... Oh, that's right... I can watch the FIRST PLACE YANKEES! :clown:
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Just when you think you're finally free, he pulls you back in . . . .

Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                                I wonder if there's anything good on TV tonight... Oh, that's right... I can watch the FIRST PLACE YANKEES! :clown:
                                It always amazes me that you crawl out from under your Bronx rock at the most convenient times . . . .
                                * C. Sabathia 6 inn 110 PC - Looks like another short outing for 'See-see ya later' Sabathia!
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 05-01-2015, 06:13 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X