X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
    Ken,

It's a good thing they have the DH in the AL or Pedro and Roger might not have had very long careers. Those were some intense battles and I'm glad things settled down.
    Tony, personally, I much prefer the "intense battles". The days of Fisk & Munson, Bill Lee, etc. are exactly what made this THE BEST "Bitter-Rivalry" not just in baseball, but all professional sports...

This is how Yankee Stadium looked when the Red Sox came in to play!

ImageProxy.mvc.jpg
    Last edited by KenFougere; 01-09-2015, 03:06 PM.
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      Tony, personally, I much prefer the "intense battles". The days of Fisk & Munson, Bill Lee, etc. are exactly what made this THE BEST "Bitter-Rivalry" not just in baseball, but all professional sports...

This is how Yankee Stadium looked when the Red Sox came in to play!

[ATTACH]144797[/ATTACH]
      Some of those seats stink for boxing unless you had binoculars.

Reminds me of the night I sat near the top of the LA Coliseum watching a football game in bad seats. The top was swaying back and forth and all I could think of was when did they predict the next earthquake would come to So. California.

I recall the rivalry was keen back in 1955 when I first rooted for the Red Sox.
      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• EQ is well over due.

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
        Some of those seats stink for boxing unless you had binoculars.

Reminds me of the night I sat near the top of the LA Coliseum watching a football game in bad seats.

The top was swaying back and forth and all I could think of was when did they predict the next earthquake would come to So. California.
        ROFLMBO.gif

- You know buddy, NOW might be a really good time to take your vacation . . .
        Ken Fougère

Comment

[ATTACH]144799[/ATTACH]

- You know buddy, NOW might be a really good time to take your vacation . . .
          I was up so high that even the eagles put up a no fly zone sign.
          I was up so high that vendors shook their heads no and wouldn't come up and serve me.
          I was up so high that the restrooms had holes in the floor instead of toilets.
          I was up so high that my binoculars got frostbite.

Comment

I was up so high that even the eagles put up a no fly zone sign.
            I was up so high that vendors shook their heads no and wouldn't come up and serve me.
            I was up so high that the restrooms had holes in the floor instead of toilets.
            I was up so high that my binoculars got frostbite.
            I'm gonna take a real shot in the dark here.
            You've neither been or enjoyed downhill skiing much. Did ya? -
            Ken Fougère

Comment

I'm gonna take a real shot in the dark here.
              You've neither been or enjoyed downhill skiing much. Did ya? -

[ATTACH]144828[/ATTACH]
              Go Pats!

I skiied at Killington and Cannon when I was young. Cross country was more my speed, and now I ski once or twice every winter.

My son bungee jumped from the tallest platform in New Zealand. He has skiied in the Rockies and climbed the Southern Alps.

I didn't like sitting in the Upper Deck at Shea Stadium.

Comment

Go Pats!

I skiied at Killington and Cannon when I was young. Cross country was more my speed, and now I ski once or twice every winter.

My son bungee jumped from the tallest platform in New Zealand. He has skied in the Rockies and climbed the Southern Alps.

I didn't like sitting in the Upper Deck at Shea Stadium.
                Ya, the Pats played awesome. But they can't fall behind so much in the AFC Championship!

Killington was my favorite mountain. I loved their 4.5 mile trail!

You must be quite proud of your son for all of his accomplishments! My son never was interested in sports at all. I love sports. I tried to get him interested, but nothing I tried worked . . . .
                Last edited by KenFougere; 01-11-2015, 06:44 PM.
                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ya, the Pats played awesome. But they can't fall behind so much in the AFC Championship!

Killington was my favorite mountain. I loved their 4.5 mile trail!

You must be quite proud of your son for all of his accomplishments! My son never was interested in sports at all. I love sports. I tried to get him interested, but nothing I tried worked . . . .
                  Coaching my son's little league team led me to BBF. I enjoy most of the discussions here and can't wait for the Bos-NY rivalry to heat up.

I think some kids prefer either an individual sport like tennis or track or swimming, or one of the arts. Nowadays boys are excited by video games and parents complain they don't want to practice a sport to get better.

Comment

• What is a YankeeMan to do...

I know Tom Brady and I like him. He's a nice guy. I'd like to see him get a fourth ring.

But I hate the Patriots.
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• 78 days, 20 hours, 19 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

BTW, I'm wondering who's gonna finish in 3rd and who's gonna' get last this season... :clown:

Predictions?
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• As a Sox fan, I honestly hope the Yankees turn it around soon. The rivalry is no fun when one or both of the teams suck. That being said, I'm not optimistic about what the Boston front office has been up to this winter. I think the Sandoval deal is going to become an albatross very soon, and they are relying on bounceback years from a lot of players.
                        Check out my new autograph blog

Signed 1953 Topps Project: 102/274 (37.23%) complete

Comment

• Originally posted by egri View Post
                          As a Sox fan, I honestly hope the Yankees turn it around soon. The rivalry is no fun when one or both of the teams suck. That being said, I'm not optimistic about what the Boston front office has been up to this winter. I think the Sandoval deal is going to become an albatross very soon, and they are relying on bounceback years from a lot of players.
                          Think BOTH of our teams are going to suck this year... So, no worries. :clown:
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                            Think BOTH of our teams are going to suck this year... So, no worries. :clown:
                            But the question is, who's going to have the better record?
                            I'm willing to bet on my team. Got the sack to participate? - wink.gif
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

But the question is, who's going to have the better record?
                              I'm willing to bet on my team. Got the sack to participate? - [ATTACH]145241[/ATTACH]
                              Just got back from the doctor's office. Don't worry... Everything's fine. Here's my latest x-ray:

big_balls_black_tshirt_tshirt.jpg :clown:
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                                Just got back from the doctor's office. Don't worry... Everything's fine. Here's my latest x-ray:

[ATTACH]145276[/ATTACH] :clown:
                                My God. Your poor wife! Did she charge you with assault & battery (with 2) deadly weapons?
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X