X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya baby!

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
    He's another U of Michigan guy with deflated balls...that's all I'm trying to say, that's all.
    WOW. Even I couldn't improve on that most eloquent statement!

You're getting so much better at this, ripping lately . . . nod.gif
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      WOW. Even I couldn't improve on that most eloquent statement!

You're getting so much better at this, ripping lately . . . [ATTACH]145559[/ATTACH]
      "It ain't deflated until it's deflated."
      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Speaking of deflated egos...the Yankees just got outbid by the Red Sox for 19-year old Yoan Moncada of Cuba. The 6' 2" phenom is supposedly a five-tool infielder who played second base last year. The Yankees front office "drew" the line on paying more than a $27 million bonus, and the Red Sox bid around $30 million to sign him. Moncada has been compared to Robinson Cano, but the NYY must feel that Stephen Drew is good enough to be their answer at second base for many years to come.

If I'm a Yankees fan I gotta stop payment on my season tickets check, and spend the money on more DVD's of the glory days. Hopefully their front office will stay intact for another few years as the team ages like fine wine.

Comment

• Great acquisition!
          Ya that was quite the coup! I since have heard that he will now rank as the #2 top prospect in the country and the Red Sox have the most prospect players in the nations top 100 than any other MLB team . . .
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
            If I'm a Yankees fan I gotta stop payment on my season tickets check, and spend the money on more DVD's of the glory days. Hopefully their front office will stay intact for another few years as the team ages like fine wine.
            Woow. Another good rip! My how you've improved!
            I only wish
            YankeeMan was around to hear you roar . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Gammons on Moncada

MLB Tonight: Gammons on Moncada

Peter Gammons joins the guys on MLB Tonight to discuss the impact of the Yoan Moncada signing for the Boston Red Sox

e8bc5059-e4b6-4268-af0f-4f4863f8b2b0.png

Video Link ----> http://m.mlb.com/video/v38484983/gam...ct-for-red-sox
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• 20 days, 1 hour, and 47 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

Well, I got my ESPN Magazine baseball preview issue today...

The Yankees are picked to finish fourth in the division. h

And the BoSux are expected to win it.

I wonder if I should just change my signature now...
                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                  Well, I got my ESPN Magazine baseball preview issue today...

The Yankees are picked to finish fourth in the division. h

And the BoSux are expected to win it.

I wonder if I should just change my signature now...
                  I think you should watch a rerun of "Network." What's wrong with your boys?

Comment

• 19 days, 10 hours, & 19 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                    I think you should watch a rerun of "Network." What's wrong with your boys?
                    Well for starters <pun unintended>, according to ESPN Magazine, our top veteran player is Chase Headley. :dismay:
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Well for starters <pun unintended>, according to ESPN Magazine, our top veteran player is Chase Headley. :dismay:
                      Part of the problem is the organization. First, they let themselves sink into this mess by signing several Over-30's to long-term contracts. Now they are paying the piper for it. Second, they seem to have no idea how to turn the ship around and be a contender. They want to do just enough to satisfy their season-ticket holders, but not anything more.

One good thing about the Red Sox is they reacted quickly to the chicken and beer fiasco by unloading their problems onto another team. That worked so well they won the World Series. Last year they attempted to do the same thing by sending starters to anyone willing to make a trade for them. We will soon know how this works out.

Comment

• Temperatures hovering around 60 degrees for tonight's game. We should know more about both teams after this series is over.

Comment

• Your second baseman reminds me of Chuck Knoblauch. :joking:

Comment

Your second baseman reminds me of Chuck Knoblauch. :joking:
                            He's not even that good. Get ready for a long season Yankee fans.
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Part of the problem is the organization...
                              That's the most of the problem. Last year's FA signings were only because it was Jeter's last year. This year's team is worse and headed in the wrong direction. Bottom line, IMO, the team is being prepped for sale.
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

He's not even that good. Get ready for a long season Yankee fans.
                                Pitching will be the difference in the AL East this year. What is unusual is both NY and BOS won their next game after the three-game series in NY. They both usually lose the next game probably due to a letdown.

I'm not one to celebrate in April especially since our "ace" Clay Buckwheat might lead the league again in Worst ERA By A Starter. He reminds me of one of the bikers in the Clint Eastwood comedy Every Which Way But Loose with his skinny neck and scraggly hair and the way he mopes around the mound after giving up 5 or 6 runs in an inning.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X