This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=KenFougere;2459188]

[INDENT]The Patriots certainly didn't do it alone, but their contributions -- four Super Bowls since the 2001 season -- were a key part of Boston's run to the top.

[SIZE=5]According to The New York Times,
    "Boston is the most successful sports city in the country." wow_rotates.gif

*(Anyone see New York on this list? Anywhere?)

Nice list!

I finally found New York so do I win free tickets to the next Boston champion's playoff game?
    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Don't look now but the Red Sox might be getting one of the top five draft picks next year. As long as they keep giving up 9 runs in an inning or sending players to the DL every night, it's theirs for the taking.

The Yankees plan on buying a few Over-35 ex-sluggers for the stretch run. Make sure to read the Lemon Laws if they have over 100,000 miles on them. That's my free tip for the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
        Don't look now but the Red Sox might be getting one of the top five draft picks next year. As long as they keep giving up 9 runs in an inning or sending players to the DL every night, it's theirs for the taking.

The Yankees plan on buying a few Over-35 ex-sluggers for the stretch run. Make sure to read the Lemon Laws if they have over 100,000 miles on them. That's my free tip for the day.
        I thought we had The East this year with our hitting. Shows you how smart I am . . . . -
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
          I thought we had The East this year with our hitting. Shows you how smart I am . . . . -
          We have no hitting and we knew we had no pitching too no matter what tee shirts the front office was selling. The rest of the AL East have either hitting or pitching, but not both.

In 2016, Hanley should DH, a new 1B needs to be added, two pitchers need to be signed as free agents, and Vazquez/Swihart should be decent catchers. Losing both catchers turned this season around for them.

Comment

We knew how smart you were when you tried to convince us Boston was the best sport town the last time... Maybe for the last 10 years...

Have you seen this yet?
            patriots_2b_dr_3_4_name.jpg

How about a group photo?
            patriots_group_4_sb_wins.jpg
            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
              We knew how smart you were when you tried to convince us Boston was the best sport town the last time... Maybe for the last 10 years...

Have you seen this yet?
              [ATTACH]148820[/ATTACH]

How about a group photo?
              [ATTACH]148821[/ATTACH]
              The four on the left look under-inflated to me. When the Pats win the fifth one in 2016 the players may have to sell their wedding rings on eBay.

Comment

• Of course.....
                Ken Fougère

Comment

The four on the left look under-inflated to me. When the Pats win the fifth one in 2016 the players may have to sell their wedding rings on eBay.
                  I don't even wear my rings... The weight makes my hand hurt.
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I don't even wear my rings... The weight makes my hand hurt.
                    Put them on eBay. And list yourself while you're at it. (But you'll probably have to offer free shipping if anyone's going to bid on you.) -
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• I can't believe at the halfway point of the season how little smack there's been on this 'Bitter Rivals' in its 13 year history! Yankees are virtually in 1st place and the Red Sox are 9 games behind in last place, again. There have been no rips at all from YankeeMan.
                      Maybe his wife finally had him put down for her sake as well as everyone else's . . . (TY)
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

I can't believe at the halfway point of the season how little smack there's been on this 'Bitter Rivals' in its 13 year history! Yankees are virtually in 1st place and the Red Sox are 9 games behind in last place, again. There have been no rips at all from YankeeMan.
                        Maybe his wife finally had him put down for her sake as well as everyone else's . . . (TY)
                        Ya think he's still waiting in line for an autograph from their young new slugger A-Rod?

Comment

Ya think he's still waiting in line for an autograph from their young new slugger A-Rod?
                          This is really the problem for me. Unlike Patriot fans, I like my teams to win legitimate titles. Naturally, I've mixed emotions about a known cheater leading my beloved Yankees into the playoffs. :stare: We'll see how it goes...
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• About tonight... :clown:

FYI: The season series is currently at 4 - 2
                            Last edited by YankeeMan; 07-10-2015, 09:56 AM. Reason: Additional taunting... :-)
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

This is really the problem for me. Unlike Patriot fans, I like my teams to win legitimate titles. Naturally, I've mixed emotions about a known cheater leading my beloved Yankees into the playoffs. :stare: We'll see how it goes...
                              No need to deflate the opposition over a few psi's created by a ball boy gone wild.

The Sox have no excuses because:

1. They had two days off this week.
                              2. They have been playing at home and didn't fly into town last night.
                              3. Their three "best" pitchers are scheduled to start.
                              4. A few of them have hot bats.
                              5. They are on a four-game winning streak.
                              6. Tanaka pitched yesterday.
                              7. Hannigan is back and even helped Porcello get a quality start.
                              8. Ortiz is getting his HR stroke back to beat the shift.
                              9. A-Rod has to be pi**ed Brett Gardner made the All Star team and not him. (Maybe this one will blow up in Buchholz's face tonight?)
                              10. If they sweep the number one team, then they crawl out of the cellar likes rats during a blitzkreig.

Comment

You are so full of crap, I can smell you from HERE. - Jelous -

Last edited by KenFougere; 07-10-2015, 01:40 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X