Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back inside the house. How'd Beantown's 9th inning heroics go? Awwwwwwwww, you mean they didn't? Oh well, I guess Pedro will have to make sure his little arm doesn't hurt too much on Saturday.

Man, I could watch tame get repeated all night!
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
      A's fans aren't enjoying it. They lost today, and are going to get pushed 5 games back.
      I saw their loss to Toronto, but they're in the WC race, so they don't lose ground.

Seattle wins, da Bronx wins, and Beantown loses! Booyah!
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
        I saw their loss to Toronto, but they're in the WC race, so they don't lose ground.

Seattle wins, da Bronx wins, and Beantown loses! Booyah!
        I know, that's the only down part of today. Pedro is going to kill us though. He's 10-0 lifetime against the M's.

Comment

I know, that's the only down part of today. Pedro is going to kill us though. He's 10-0 lifetime against the M's.
          I keep hearing that 10-0 number, and he's always come up big. This time, he's coming off a loss after being on a short leash. I say that if you guys can get to him early, you can hang an "L" on his neck that the bats won't be able to erase.

He's about due, wouldn't you say?

Comment

• Tiebreaker, as I just noticed our post counts were identical. Anyway, I'll respond to you in the wager thread later on. Right now, the smack's just rolling off the keyboard!

Comment

I keep hearing that 10-0 number, and he's always come up big. This time, he's coming off a loss after being on a short leash. I say that if you guys can get to him early, you can hang an "L" on his neck that the bats won't be able to erase.

He's about due, wouldn't you say?
              Well, if anyone can score early, it's the M's.

Comment

• Tiebreaker 1151

Comment

• At least we can't possibly lose 3 of 4 to Baltimore at Yankee Stadium South (otherwise known as Camden Yards)! Gee, I wonder who'd do something like that? Hmmmmmmm.

Comment

Tiebreaker 1151
                    Watchyoutalkingboutwillis?

Oh, break the tie, I'm off to sleep. Remember, don't give up to Pedro, he's due to lose about now.

Comment

At least we can't possibly lose 3 of 4 to Baltimore at Yankee Stadium South (otherwise known as Camden Yards)! Gee, I wonder who'd do something like that? Hmmmmmmm.
                      Hmm, I don't know. But It's not like they dropped 2 out of 3 to the M's at Yankee Stadium (the real one). Who did that?

Comment

How can you mis-spell Ichiro?
                        I dunno... Eechirow?
                        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Mattingly, clean out your inbox!

It was the 6th inning that killed us. That bad hop on that cow pasture--- I mean infield, which almost hit Nomar in the face... Well, Walker's throw didn't help. And Timlin didn't have to serve up a meatball to... well, you know. The dust settles, we move on.

Petey OWNS the Mariners. He had his loss v. the A's; he's not going to lose 2 in a row. I remember his start v. the M's last spring -- struck out the side in the 1st on 9 pitches. It was a thing of beauty. Then he dusted them again in August. So I don't worry about him too much today.
                          --Annie
                          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                          Remember Yellowdog
                          ABNY

Comment

• how bout itchero
                            :gt
                            Go astros
                            Go mets

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                              Mattingly, clean out your inbox!

It was the 6th inning that killed us. That bad hop on that cow pasture--- I mean infield, which almost hit Nomar in the face... Well, Walker's throw didn't help. And Timlin didn't have to serve up a meatball to... well, you know. The dust settles, we move on.

Petey OWNS the Mariners. He had his loss v. the A's; he's not going to lose 2 in a row. I remember his start v. the M's last spring -- struck out the side in the 1st on 9 pitches. It was a thing of beauty. Then he dusted them again in August. So I don't worry about him too much today.
                              How many messages am I allowed? I only had about 50 messages total, and I thought I could have about 100 or so. Anyway, I've removed some of those.

That wasn't just a bad hop, that was also a screen, since the 2B runner stood just close enough to the ball, then jumped over it, to avoid a play. Almost reminds me of a play in the 1960 WS where SS Tony Kubek would've had a sure 6-4-3, but he'd gotten hit in the throat, meaning no play, and I think he was taken out of the game. Changed the whole game for the Bombers' worse.

Doesn't matter, Petey looks vulnerable about now, and the past few years have featured short leashes in August and September, ever since when Jimy was there, I think it was. I think that if the M's smell blood, they'll go after him. He's gotta get an "L" hung on his neck sometime, and I say tonight's the night!

Heck, the Yanks almost hung on on him, but the relievers blew it (I think this was Mo's blown save on Tek's RBI single).

Anyway, we're looking to *win* 3 games against Baltimore today. Interesting concept, no?

Comment

Hmm, I don't know. But It's not like they dropped 2 out of 3 to the M's at Yankee Stadium (the real one). Who did that?
                                The same team who, after an opposing manager promised to "Bring this back to Seattle", went on a rampage, beating their hapless opponents senseless!

Oh, and that merciless beating was at both the Safe and Yankee Stadium.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X