Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan B: Standing ovation every time A-Rod comes up to bat at Fenway. He'd be so screwed up you could strike him out with three change ups at the belt. Kudos to him for belting that line drive last night in the deep freeze with the flock of boo birds cackling at him.

I thought Tazawa was the nervous one...he almost threw two wild pitches like he thought Babe Ruth was pinch hitting, and not A-Rod.
    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      . . . and the Yankees came so close to beating the Orioles! But the silver lining is, at least they're still in the cellar! -
      I wonder who's in the cellar today? :clown:
      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
        Some thing from the Bronx no doubt....
        Ken Fougère

Comment

At least you didn't use "whose".

We will keep your seat warm for you down here in the cellar. Once the July heat shines down on your Over-35 mob I bet we trade places with you. As Yogi meant to say..."It ain't over."

Anyone know if there are any decent pitching coaches available on Craig's List?

Comment

• 62 days, 10 hours, & 55 minutes until Yankees @ Red Sox!

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Yankees will finish last or next to last in the division... Right after the "smoke and mirrors" magic wears off. But first place is nice for now...
            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Yankees will finish last or next to last in the division... Right after the "smoke and mirrors" magic wears off. But first place is nice for now...
              After 40 games the AL East is still up for grabs. According to www.mlbtraderumors.com, the Yankees and Red Sox could be in trade negotiations to obtain Troy Tulowitzski. My bet is on the Yankees.

Comment

I've got to hand it to ya, when you're right, you're right. I think one of your "mirrors", has officially broken...
                1W - 9L, (correction, 10 straight loses) in the Yankees last 10. Damn I hate to see when that happen's. (to them) . . . . :dismay:
                Last edited by KenFougere; 05-24-2015, 08:38 PM. Reason: (correction, 10 straight loses)
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• 45 days, 8 hours, & 51 minutes until Yankees @ Red Sox!

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                  I've got to hand it to ya, when you're right, you're right. I think one of your "mirrors", has officially broken...
                  1W - 9L, (correction, 10 straight loses) in the Yankees last 10. Damn I hate to see when that happen's. (to them) . . . . :dismay:
                  On the upside, they're still ahead of the BoSux.
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Them's fighting words in Southie!

Suzie and Co. want to change the spelling of Grigorious' first name to DeDe because they feel he deserves a few extra E's in his name too.

Comment

It amazes me that even a man with obvious limited baseball knowledge, how foolishly otimistic you still can be . . . :joking:
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                        It amazes me that even a man with obvious limited baseball knowledge, how foolishly otimistic you still can be . . . :joking:
                        "Hope springs eternal..." if it didn't, there'd be no Cubs fans. :clown:
                        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

"Hope springs eternal..." if it didn't, there'd be no Cubs fans. :clown:
                          The only place where hope springs eternal is at the Fountain Of Youth in St. Augustine. Maybe your Pin Stripers should move their spring training headquarters closer to the fountain?

A-Rod's interview yesterday with Mike Fitzpatrick had this gem: "I think for me in a weird way the time off was a blessing in disguise. I was able to get some rest, and change my workout regimen a little bit."

If A-Rod needs a lot of rest then maybe he should sit out the next 115 games and get himself ready for the playoffs. Girardi can buy him a rocking chair and subscriptions to supplement magazines and plop him and his chair in the on deck circle. Suzie can interview him during every game and ask him the same seven senseless questions every night.

Comment

I know Tom Brady and I like him. He's a nice guy. I'd like to see him get a fourth ring.

But I hate the Patriots.
                            Couple of questions.
                            1. How do you, "know" Tom Brady?
                            2. If so, why haven't you gotten me & you any tickets, EVER?
                            3. What's your reasons for hating the Patriots?
                            4. You want another ring for Brady, but not for the hated Patriots? Sounds like an oxymoron . . .
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• The New York Times, "Boston is the most successful sports city in the country"

The Patriots certainly didn't do it alone, but their contributions -- four Super Bowls since the 2001 season -- were a key part of Boston's run to the top.

According to The New York Times,
                              "Boston is the most successful sports city in the country." wow_rotates.gif

Here's how the top-5 cities stack up on their list:
                              1. Boston
                              2. Pittsburgh
                              3. L.A.
                              4. Baltimore
                              5. Miami

*(Anyone see New York on this list? Anywhere?)

The Patriots' first Super Bowl came after the 2001 regular season, when they defeated the Rams in a 3-point thriller. The titles for the Patriots then came in bunches. In 2003 and 2004, the Patriots repeated as champs. While they suffered a championship drought after the 2004 title, the Patriots won another title a decade later, when they beat the Seahawks in the Super Bowl this past February.

Of course, the Patriots weren't alone in pushing Boston to the top sports city.
                              Since 2008, Boston has seen success in nearly every sport, with championships brought home by the
                              Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins, in addition to the Patriots.

While the Patriots can be credited for much of the city's success since 2000, much of Boston's sports history revolves around the
                              Celtics, who dominated other Boston sports teams in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Still, without the Patriots'{4} and Red Sox'{3} championships, Boston would not be sitting way up on its perch above every other city in the country.

Ken Fougère

Comment

• [QUOTE=KenFougere;2459188]

[INDENT]The Patriots certainly didn't do it alone, but their contributions -- four Super Bowls since the 2001 season -- were a key part of Boston's run to the top.

[SIZE=5]According to The New York Times,
                                "Boston is the most successful sports city in the country." wow_rotates.gif

*(Anyone see New York on this list? Anywhere?)

Nice list!

I finally found New York so do I win free tickets to the next Boston champion's playoff game?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X