I don't think so!

Screenshot.png

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
      Hey, Beantowners:

This is our year!!!

For the Wild card...maybe.

Check your calendar...this AIN'T 1978.....
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Yankees blow chance to gain ground - Magic # down to 1!

The Yankees entered the night three games back of the Red Sox in the AL East with four to play. In other words, New York still had a chance -- a slim one, but an extant one -- at tying Boston, or even taking the division for themselves.

Alas, the Yankees missed an opportunity to draw closer.

The Astros did their part, thumping the Red Sox. Yet the Yankees failed to top the Rays, losing by a 9-6 score, meaning they'll enter their three-game set against the Blue Jays needing to sweep the series and have the Red Sox get swept by the Astros if there's to be a tiebreaker. That seems unlikely.
        Of course, it seemed unlikely that Sonny Gray would have such a poor outing. Gray lasted 4 2/3 innings, allowing six hits, six runs, and five walks while fanning just two. It was the second time in Gray's Yankees career he failed to get 15 outs, albeit the second time in his last three tries.

Last edited by KenFougere; 09-28-2017, 10:20 PM.
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Yo, Ken.

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Brad your PM's is full. Delete a few so I can answer you.....
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
              Yo, Ken.

Matt, You see that "E" below on the standings? It doesn't stand for Excellent.
              Good luck in your one game series! -

Screenshot.png

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Have the Yankees got their post-Tuesday tee times set yet?
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                  Have the Yankees got their post-Tuesday tee times set yet?
                  They'll be too depressed for golf. 'Least until Wednesday! -

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Hey, Yankee fans.
                    Lot's of luck, (tong-in-cheek), in your ONE GAME playoff. Keep in mind 1978 happens but once in a lifetime!

Attached Files
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 10-02-2017, 06:03 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Hey, Ken. Make sure that you get past the Houston Astros. That way, you just MAY get a chance to be wearing some brand new Yankee gear while online. (<--Bronx cheer)

As far as my Yankees this week ...
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                        Hey, Yankee fans.
                        Lot's of luck, (tong-in-cheek), in your ONE GAME playoff. Keep in mind 1978 happens but once in a lifetime!

Well if we both get swept then our advantage in being the wildcard was getting one more playoff win overall!

Comment

• I hate to say this after such a long season but, without any power, at all, and the continuing hitting slump of the Red Sox, I have little hope for them advancing to the ALCS this year. Our starting pitching has been far from stealer too.
                          Upper management has to acquire a 30+ home run and 110 RBI hitter over the offseason. Another ace wouldn't hurt either with Price being so fragile and Sale's innings being shortened next season.

The Yankees are more than likely done too.
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• We ain't down yet!

Comment

• It was a disappointing ALDC series for me. The Red Sox starters in the first two games were abysmal. If they want to go deeper in the playoffs, upper management has to acquire a 30+ home run and 110 RBI hitter over the offseason. Another ace wouldn't hurt either with Price being so fragile and Sale's innings being shortened next season. 2013 seems so long ago! As the sun sets on the grandest ballpark in America, see you in 2018 Spring Training.
                              Fenway Park at Dusk LG.jpg
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• The Yankees move on to the ALCS to play (presumably) the AL East Champion Boston Red Sox... right? :clown:

This is my 755th post.... Shout out to Hank... the true career HR King.
                                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X