X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh?

Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
    Doh! :stupidme:

Anywho, let me ask a question... Who you guys rooting for in tonight's Jays @ Sox game?

BTW Ken, I'll be looking at avatars and signatures soon... 'cause I'll want to find you something "extra special." :clown:
    I'm sorry, but I have no recolection to the statement you just made above.
    Perhaps you could locate the post that might help us clear up this mis-understanding. -
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post
      Because my team is in last place without any playoff hopes I root for them differently than normal. They have a shot at 4th place which would boost morale and help them focus in the offseason. They also have a shot at one of the worst records and a good draft pick next June.

but...

Whenever you can make your rivals life more miserable you should take a shot at it. This means losing to the Blue Jays. In the old times, Big Papi Pedroia would meet Tulo and Donaldson under a bridge somewhere in Southie and exchange money, and the Yankees first place chances would be slim or none. I guess I win either way no matter what the final score is.
      I want the combination of the AL East teams wins and losses that will enable the Sox to finish out of the basement. Period! -

See how close we are! Realistically, we could finish in third place.
      Last edited by KenFougere; 09-07-2015, 06:39 PM.
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• You guys suck. You can't even beat Baltimore!
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
          I want the combination of the AL East teams wins and losses that will enable the Sox to finish out of the basement. Period! -

See how close we are! Realistically, we could finish in third place.

[ATTACH]150065[/ATTACH]
          3rd place?????

Why not the Wild Card?

Buchholz returns, Porcello in the groove, ERod 50-50, Miley consistent, and Kelly is red hot and on a winning streak. Half the lineup could hit .300 and most of them are kids who have plenty left in the tank. The series at Yankee Stadium could decide who the Red Sox face in the playoffs. How's this book title..."Worst To First" :hyper:
          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• "Playoffs? Did you say, playoffs?"

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
            3rd place?????

Why not the Wild Card?

Buchholz returns, Porcello in the groove, ERod 50-50, Miley consistent, and Kelly is red hot and on a winning streak. Half the lineup could hit .300 and most of them are kids who have plenty left in the tank. The series at Yankee Stadium could decide who the Red Sox face in the playoffs. How's this book title..."Worst To First" :hyper:
            You'll never find a more devoted, diehard Red Sox fan anywhere, but even I can't fathom a scenario where the Sox make the wild card this year. Even if by some miracle they did, they simply don't have the pitching depth to make it deep in the AL playoffs, let alone the World Series. I think there's a better chance of another house falling out of the sky only this time landing on A-Rod.
            Speaking of Buchholz, every year he very seldom pitches more than a half season. He's currently on his annual 9 month vacation until spring training. Which then he'll pitch his usual April through May or June. Then he breaks down and is out for the rest of the season . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

You'll never find a more devoted, diehard Red Sox fan anywhere, but even I can't fathom a scenario where the Sox make the wild card this year. Even if by some miracle they did, they simply don't have the pitching depth to make it deep in the AL playoffs, let alone the World Series. I think there's a better chance of another house falling out of the sky only this time landing on A-Rod.
              Speaking of Buchholz, every year he very seldom pitches more than a half season. He's currently on his annual 9 month vacation until spring training. Which then he'll pitch his usual April through May or June. Then he breaks down and is out for the rest of the season . . .
              You are probably right, but we are only 7 1/2 games out of the Wild Card despite playing like bozos in May, June, and July. There are 7 teams bunched up within four games of one another so parity is working. Most of our remaining games are on the road where we don't play so well.

I hope they find some use for Buchholz by either trading him or possibly moving him to the bullpen.

Girardi might be burning out his pitching staff trying to make the playoffs? The other day Tanaka pitched a complete game and that reminded me of 2014 when the better he pitched, the more innings they had him pitch.

Comment

• Teixiera's out for the season. Eovaldi may be back for the playoffs. The rookies have come through for you.

24 games in 24 days and then it's playoff time.

Comment

• With Yogi's passing, the Yankees Golden Era seems to be marching back in the past to never return again. Yogi was a little before my time and I may have seen him play one time. I recall he held his bat high like Yaz did, and socked extra base hits to the opposite field a lot. From all I have been reading about him his chief strength was his pitch selection as the catcher.

The Yankees team may have had the best group of catchers overall in the history of baseball. In two days it's on to Yankee Stadium to close out this fiasco of a season.

Comment

• 9 hours, 22 minutes until Red Sox @ Yankees!

Okay... Wagers.

Here's what I got...

1. Signatures -- whomever finishes better in the division wins the other's from close of the season until opening day.
                    2. Avatars -- to the team that wins the season series until opening day.
                    3. All of the above -- if one of the teams wins the WORLD SERIES BOTH the signature and avatar, regardless of the above, until the reign ends (mathematical elimination).
                    Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                    Accepted. (Of course.)
                    I hope this link clears up any "confusion". :clown:
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Ken's new sig...

A preview... [Hiya Ken! ]

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
                        A preview... [Hiya Ken! ]

Done.

In my opinion A-Rod wins that contest WAY before the Super Bowl Champs . . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

Done.

In my opinion A-Rod wins that contest WAY before the Super Bowl Champs . . . .
                          I hate to say it, but I kinda' want to lose the wildcard game. :dismay:
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Why?.........................................
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Hey Cinderella. Dreams really do come true!

Well, congratulations buddy, you got your wish! -

FireShot Screen Capture #007 - 'MLB Recap - Houston Astros at New York Yankees - Oct 06, 2015 - .jpg
                              Here's an interesting side note.
                              Keuchel is the first starter with a scoreless postseason start on three days' rest at Yankee Stadium since Josh Beckett pitched a shutout for the Marlins also at Yankee Stadium in the clinching Game 6 of the 2003 World Series.-
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                                Why?.........................................

Because one A-Rod tainted championship (2009) is enough for me... I don't need FOUR.

BTW, I don't recall having that Yaz or Teddy Ballgame box on the signature I posted... :square:
                                but I'll allow it... outta' respect.

On that note, here's your new avatar Ken! [No alterations or additions are authorized! ]

I figured you should enjoy touting some legit trophies.... :clown:
                                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X