This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeMan View Post
    Because one A-Rod tainted championship (2009) is enough for me... I don't need FOUR.

BTW, I don't recall having that Yaz or Teddy Ballgame box on the signature I posted... :square:
    but I'll allow it... outta' respect.

On that note, here's your new avatar Ken! [No alterations or additions are authorized! ]

[ATTACH]150567[/ATTACH]

I figured you should enjoy touting some legit trophies.... :clown:
    Done.

(BTW, All FIVE of the Patriots SB Trophies were "legit".) Envy green looks good on you . . .
    Last edited by KenFougere; 08-22-2017, 12:48 AM.
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      ... (BTW, All FOUR of the Patriots SB Trophies were "legit".)
      This statement means that you a.) Don't subscribe to ESPN: The Magazine, b.) have lost all objectivity on the matter, or c.) have gone completely insane.

BTW, I don't envy Patriots fans... I pity them. But maybe that's just me... I'd rather lose than cheat. How do you want to be remembered? Honest or deceitful?
      :square:
      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• :clown: ...............
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

This statement means that you a.) Don't subscribe to ESPN: The Magazine, b.) have lost all objectivity on the matter, or c.) have gone completely insane.

BTW, I don't envy Patriots fans... I pity them. But maybe that's just me... I'd rather lose than cheat. How do you want to be remembered? Honest or deceitful?
          :square:
          no comment, thank you.
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Go Cubbies!

Dear Baseball Gods (Ruth, Gehrig, & Cobb),

If you let my favorite national league team win the world series... I promise never to ask you to "strike down" A-Rod (or the Red Sox) again. Additionally, I'll immediately allow my friend Ken to change his avatar/signature back to normal. And I'll never mention the questionable circumstance (excluding "tuck rule") of the Patriots titles again... Well..., again on BBF. That's all... Thank you for your time, kind sirs...

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Dear Baseball Gods (Ruth, Gehrig, & Cobb),

If you let my favorite national league team win the world series... I promise never to ask you to "strike down" A-Rod (or the Red Sox) again. Additionally, I'll immediately allow my friend Ken to change his avatar/signature back to normal. And I'll never mention the questionable circumstance (excluding "tuck rule") of the Patriots titles again... Well..., again on BBF. That's all... Thank you for your time, kind sirs...

[ATTACH]150696[/ATTACH]
              Have you been drinking? Drugs? Touch of Dementia maybe?
              {FYI, they got rid of that wonderful tuck rule.}

*But seriously, I'm rooting SO hard for the Cubbies too!
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Finally, we're in it again!

BOSTON (AP) — For all the money the Red Sox are paying David Price, the Boston fans don't just want a pitcher who gives the team a chance to win every five days. And it's not enough for him to wind up among the Cy Young contenders in the offseason.
                With a seven-year, $217 million contract that is the richest ever for a pitcher, the Red Sox are expecting playoff wins.
                And that's the one thing Price hasn't delivered.
                "I think I was just saving all my postseason wins for the Red Sox," Price said on Friday during his introductory news conference in a Fenway Park function room filled with championship memorabilia.
                "I know good things are going to happen to me in October. That just hasn't been the case thus far," said Price, who is 0-7 with a 5.27 career ERA in eight career postseason starts. "I know I can throw the ball as well in October as I do in the regular season. That time is coming for me, and hopefully it's in 2016."

Ken Fougère

Comment

Ken Fougère

Comment

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Baseball-Fever Historic Thread!

On February 2, 2016

will start "Bitter Rivals Thread's"

Fourteenth Season !

* Longest continuous running thread, [with the most posts & views] in the history of Baseball-Fever.com

wow_rotates (1).GIF
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Baseball America: 'If Moncada were eligible for the 2015 draft, he'd be the #1 pick."
                        Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reported that the deal's completion and confirmation are a few days away and that Moncada will likely start in Single-A.

Moncada is expected to report to Red Sox camp Monday, per Pete Abraham of The Boston Globe.

MLB officially declared Moncada a free agent on November 15. At 19 years old, Moncada has more youth on his side than recent Cuban imports Yoenis Cespedes (26 when he signed), Jose Abreu (26) and Yasiel Puig (21). He's also slightly younger than Jorge Soler was when he signed with the Chicago Cubs (20).

In other words, Moncada will likely need time to develop and should have a longer track record, if he reaches his full potential than Cespedes or Abreu.

Moncada was subject to the international bonus pool because he's under the age of 23 with fewer than five years of experience in a professional league, as Passan noted in November. That's why the money might not seem like it matches Moncada's special talents.

Sanchez went on to further explain the reported deal:

Because he is not yet 23 years old and did not play in a Cuban professional league for at least five seasons, Moncada is subject to MLB's international signing guidelines, under which each team is allotted a $700,000 and an additional bonus pool based on the team's record the previous year to be used during the international signing period. The current period started July 2 and ends on June 15.

According to those guidelines, clubs are penalized during the upcoming 2015-16 signing period if they exceed their bonus pools by certain amounts. The Red Sox had already exceeded their bonus pool before this signing and been given the maximum penalty. It's a severe measure that includes a 100-percent tax on their pool overages and prohibits them from signing any pool-eligible player for more than $300,000 during the next two signing periods. Including the penalty for exceeding their bonus pool, Moncada's deal will cost the Red Sox approximately $60 million (bonus plus penalty).

The Red Sox have until July 15 to pay the overage tax and up to three years to pay out Moncada's bonus.

Scouts have raved about Moncada for months. In August 2014, Ben Badler of Baseball America wrote that if the teenager were eligible for the 2015 draft, he would be in the mix for the No. 1 pick. :applaud:

How good is Moncada? He has more upside than Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo, who just reached a $72.5 million deal with the Red Sox. He’s better than Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas, who’s in the Dominican Republic but is still likely several months away from free agency. If Moncada were eligible for the 2015 draft, he would be the No. 1 overall pick.

Several teams, including the New York Yankees, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Diego Padres, were in the race to land Moncada. Joel Sherman of the New York Post shared details of the Yankees' offer, which lost out to the Red Sox's.

"Yankees offered $25M with willingness to go to $27M which is same offered Jorge Soler who went to #Cubs for $30M," Sherman noted. He went on to compare Moncada's reported deal to Alex Rodriguez's remaining contract: "So with tax, #Redsox will pay $63M to Moncada or about what #Yankees owe A-Rod ($61M) for the next 3 yrs."

For the record, Yasmany Tomas signed a six-year, $68.5 million contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks at the winter meetings. For Moncada to already be in that company at his age speaks volumes about his raw talent. Whether he is able to live up to those expectations remains to be seen, but he should have the time and support system to develop.

Due to his hype, opponents will test Moncada on his journey to The Show, but there's no reason to think the American stage will be too big for the young man.

Ken Fougère

Comment

• It's Almost That Time Again!

I found this on Facebook . . . :joking: -

12805780_1073889232649639_8975237480824293700_n.jpg
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

Last edited by KenFougere; 04-04-2016, 02:24 PM.
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Opening Day @ Cleveland, postponed!
                              & :dismay:

Last edited by KenFougere; 04-04-2016, 02:28 PM.
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X