Clear All

• I used to until I met you.
    2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
      I used to until I met you.
      Aww, how sweet.

Comment

• Care to give the people an update on the game Hank?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
          And I'm quite sure that YESTERDAY, your pitching could get you above 4th place? No Sidney Ponson, tell me who's going to do that for you. Please do.
          YESTERDAY was a bit of hyperbole, but as far as 2004 is concerned, I'll take the six pitchers the O's already have as potential starters over the ones the Cash Machine has, with the possible exception of Pettite, who Steinbrenner at times seems to not even want!
          Milwood is not mortal lock for ANYONE at this point, not even King George. He could just as well end up in Baltimore, too.
          Yes, Mr A has f***ed up many opportunities in the last decade, Mussina and Palmeiro most glaringly. He's been perennially half-in, half-out. Unlike King George, he actually seems to show up at his other job. But maybe, just maybe, with Flanagan and Beattie, he's going to be ALL OUT. And let them do their jobs. We've got a little money (chump change to KG, but what the heck), we've got a ton of pitching coming up, and I expect the O's to send out change of address cards from fourth place next season.
          As for Sir Sidney, I'm sorry to see him go just as the light has come on for him as a pitcher, but I like the trio we got in exchange for him, and I DON'T think anyone other than KG is going to cough up the $15mil a season he seems to think he's worth. So it goes.
          4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
            Care to give the people an update on the game Hank?
            Boy, are you lucky the ball bounced into the stands!!!
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Update!

3-1 M's thru 7.5 innings!

PS -- Jeter would have gotten on but Nomah strikes out...
              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                Speaking of cash machines -- Did the O's have a large payroll a few years ago but finished 4th or 5th?

Absolutely. Tried to win in 1998 with the 1993 All-Star team. Didn't work. O's still have about half the $$$ available to the Evil Empire. We made mistakes, and unlike the CM couldn't simply keep adding payroll to cover them. We had to grit our teeth and ride 'em out.

The O's, as in "zeros", have the money but George just spends it better.
                CASHMAN spent it better. The more King George meddles, the better it is for the rest of us.

...And the only way the O's get to the series is if they buy tickets.
                THIS YEAR...don't bet the farm (or the Zoo, in the Yankee$ case) on that lasting forever.
                4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• THIS YEAR...don't bet the farm (or the Zoo, in the Yankee$ case) on that lasting forever.
                  Well, over the last 100 years or so, we WIN the World Series about once every four years. What's the O's success rate?
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Re: Update!

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                    3-1 M's thru 7.5 innings!

PS -- Jeter would have gotten on but Nomah strikes out...
                    Yeh...George would of bought first base for Jeter...
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• 35 + 11!

Originally posted by KenFougere
                      Yeh...George would of bought first base for Jeter...
                      Very funny... NOT!

It's over in Seattle. M's win!
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Oh my goodness, did Boston get Shiggy with it... AGAIN?!!

Comment

• lol
                          International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                          Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtime39
                            YESTERDAY was a bit of hyperbole, but as far as 2004 is concerned, I'll take the six pitchers the O's already have as potential starters over the ones the Cash Machine has, with the possible exception of Pettite, who Steinbrenner at times seems to not even want!
                            Milwood is not mortal lock for ANYONE at this point, not even King George. He could just as well end up in Baltimore, too.
                            Yes, Mr A has f***ed up many opportunities in the last decade, Mussina and Palmeiro most glaringly. He's been perennially half-in, half-out. Unlike King George, he actually seems to show up at his other job. But maybe, just maybe, with Flanagan and Beattie, he's going to be ALL OUT. And let them do their jobs. We've got a little money (chump change to KG, but what the heck), we've got a ton of pitching coming up, and I expect the O's to send out change of address cards from fourth place next season.
                            As for Sir Sidney, I'm sorry to see him go just as the light has come on for him as a pitcher, but I like the trio we got in exchange for him, and I DON'T think anyone other than KG is going to cough up the $15mil a season he seems to think he's worth. So it goes.
                            Steinbrenner doesn't want Pettitte? Since when? Why did he sign him to his $11.5m option if he didn't want him? 2003 is his option year, and I'll be damned if he lets him go in this pitching poor time. We'd kill for a pitcher who can go 9 innings, only give up 2 runs against Seattle, and you think he'll let him slip? The last time George wanted Andy traded, Torre stepped in.

I never said that Millwood was anyone's mortal lock. Heck, unless Philly extends his contract, he's not even a lock for them. I'm just saying that's an available pitcher for 2004, whereas you'd delighted that the others mentioned (Prior, etc) weren't available.

What's Angelos' other job? George sold his shipping company about a decade ago, about the time Winfield played his last game in pinstripes. Between the Yanks and YES, I think that's his only job.

I don't know what Angelos' net worth is, but I've never heard of Steinbrenner being in the top 10 of Forbes or anything similar. He just likes investing in his team. I've heard that Pohlad is far wealthier, and who can doubt that when Disney owned the Angels, or since AOL-TW owns the Braves, that they were far wealthier than Steinbrenner? I doubt even you could doubt that one.

All I can say about your pitchers minus Ponson is that you guys have been on a 7 game losing streak. You talk about the Yanks, yet even Tampa Bay swept you, right after beat Boston 3 of 4. If you guys don't turn it around soon, all those games against Boston, Seattle, Oakland and the Yanks may just put you in a serious bind. Last season ended with you guys losing badly to the Yanks. If your team doesn't win sometime soon, what are you pitchers going to do about it?

Just remember 5 seasons in a row, still in 4th place. Not too enviable, and none of that is George's fault. He invests in his team, they win. Stop complaining about George, since it's your owner who's supposed to invest in his team. Otherwise, enjoy the losing streak, and get used to it, while you're at it!
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
                              Oh my goodness, did Boston get Shiggy with it... AGAIN?!!
                              More like they got shagged and Seattle has used them as their personal shag muffins!!!
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                                More like they got shagged and Seattle has used them as their personal shag muffins!!!
                                You really can't talk much Mattingly, there is a reason why you're wearing that avatar.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X