Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you enjoy this series. How often do you get to see the Rangers sweep an opponent?
    2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• the tigers got swept last week. And this will help the royals.
      International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
      Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• They're finally getting something out of that $106,000,000 payroll. Too bad it's the middle of August.

Comment

• next year the starngers may become the rangers

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
          Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• yeah the drillers are beating the missions now 4-3 in the top of the 6th. the missions are the AA team of the mariners for those of you who didn't know.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
              So you're saying it's easier to be a closer than in middle relief?
              I don't know what he would say, but I would say it's the same thing. Conventional wisdom makes too much of pitching in the ninth inning, just as it makes too much of hitting "in the clutch" or other such nonsense.
              I'm NickG, and I approve this message.

Home page

"In God we trust, all else must have data."
              -- Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson

Comment

• They tied it up at three in Texas, D-Man.

Comment

• whats this the white sox are tied with the rangers.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• Nope....they took the lead by an RBI groundout by Crede! 4-3

Comment

• oh well.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

So you're saying it's easier to be a closer than in middle relief?
                        I didn't say that Hank. You suggested that Shiggy's numbers look so incredible because he was a Middle Reliever, I just pointed out that he has an ERA of 0.00 in the role of Closer this year.

Comment

• That's what I thought but I'd hate to admit he's such a great closer, especially with such little experience.

Comment

• they just tossed smith from the rangers.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

That's what I thought but I'd hate to admit he's such a great closer, especially with such little experience.
                              So by this statement, would you have a problem saying that Dontrelle Willis is a great starting Pitcher?

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                                Well, over the last 100 years or so, we WIN the World Series about once every four years. What's the O's success rate?

Oh, I've been waiting for you to go THERE...

1.) Orioles only in Baltimore since 1954...I'm not gonna count the time spent in St. Louis.

2.) Yankees have led the league in REVENUE, say 95 out of the 100 years they've been around? The question shouldn't really be how they WON 26 times, but rather, how'd they f*** up and lose 74 times?

3.) I'm COMPLETELY willing to admit that the Yankees have handled their GINORMOUS revenue advantage well since 1996, and that in the same period, the Orioles have not spent well...but I daresay that if your buddy Jeffrey Mayer hadn't snatched that ball out of Tony Tarrasco's glove in 1996, things might have turned out different.

4.) Level the playing field, and we'll talk...BTW, since my team started life as the Milwaukee Brewers, guess where yours got birthed up...Baltimore!
                                4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X