Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoying tonight's game against Oakland, Ken?

Comment

• $$$

Originally posted by RedSoxFanAtic
      ...and the payrolls don't compare and if you can't see that then you don't get it.
      Don't cry broke to me Boston. Just because our owner takes the money and reinvests in in player personnel and yours puts it in his pocket -- that's not the Yankees fault.

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Both teams have relatively large payrolls. I don't think Boston should be complaining about that even if New York's payroll overshadows it. I don't here teams like Milwaukee, Oakland, and San Diego complain as much as Boston does.
        2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
          Both teams have relatively large payrolls. I don't think Boston should be complaining about that even if New York's payroll overshadows it. I don't here teams like Milwaukee, Oakland, and San Diego complain as much as Boston does.
          Which is what my point was Hank. Thank you for stating it in a more clear and conscise matter. Besides, I think that the LA Dodgers have proven that a big payroll doesn't always equal a winning team.

Comment

• New day, new game.

Originally posted by tearforamariner
            Enjoying tonight's game against Oakland, Ken?
            Yes. Feeling better tonight. Thanks...
            Happy 64th Birthday
            Attached Files
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: New day, new game.

Originally posted by KenFougere
              Yes. Feeling better tonight. Thanks...
              Happy 64th Birthday
              Happy Birthday to you Yaz. You are the greatest Left Fielder of all time!

Comment

• Second best. Which isn't too bad when you consider who the best is...

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox Rule
                  Second best. Which isn't too bad when you consider who the best is...
                  You are, of course, referring to another enshrined Red Sox Left Fielder: Ted Williams. However, I will disagree with you, and say that Yaz is just slightly better than Williams. I would not be alone in my opinion either, as the BBWAA seems to agree with me.

Comment

• I disagree

Originally posted by BoSox Rule
                    Second best. Which isn't too bad when you consider who the best is...
                    In my humble* opinion, Carl Yastrzemski is the best 'defensive' leftfielder that the American League (at least) ever saw.

*YM Synonym
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• The bats finally showed-up with runners in scoring position...
                      Attached Files
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: $$$

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                        Don't cry broke to me Boston. Just because our owner takes the money and reinvests in in player personnel and yours puts it in his pocket -- that's not the Yankees fault.

Every team that refuses to put $ into their product tells their fans it's Steinbrenner's fault that there's a payroll inequity. Fact is, Selig and others just don't want to have teams winning. I guess teams should just coast onto victory. George wants to win.

However, I'd agree that some players are overpaid, especially Sterling Hitchcock at $12m over 2 seasons. Still, that doesn't make him better than if he'd been paid less.

I guess than when Vlad and Tejada become free agents this winter, any team not owned by Steinbrenner won't be accused of trying to buy the WS. Totally predictable and completely pathetic.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                          The bats finally showed-up with runners in scoring position...
                          However, since Ken has officially abandoned his team, he may no longer be allowed to celebrate his team's victory. In fact, instead of Yaz and Teddy, here's his new sig:

I'M A FAIR-WEATHERED QUITTER!
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                            Both teams have relatively large payrolls. I don't think Boston should be complaining about that even if New York's payroll overshadows it. I don't here teams like Milwaukee, Oakland, and San Diego complain as much as Boston does.
                            I don't think a single team's fan with a payroll in excess of $90 million should complain about payroll. It's often fans of other high payroll teams who do much of the complaining, and I say that the pot's calling the kettle black.

Look, if you can beat the Yanks, fine, beat them. Anaheim and Arizona sure did. However, don't cry "payroll" because you can't. Joe Torre sends a team out to try winning a game, not just collecting humongous paychecks.

Comment

• Red Sox still got a shot at the WC. Mulder is out for Oakland and the Red Sox are only like 2 games out.
                              www.clearbuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxRule21
                                Red Sox still got a shot at the WC. Mulder is out for Oakland and the Red Sox are only like 2 games out.
                                Actually, not only is Mulder out, so is Hudson. Harden looked like a fool out there yesterday, and the "Golden Boy" is now 3-3, with an ERA well over 4. Finally, to round out the "Big 4", Zito isn't having another Cy Young season, not by a long shot. The way I see it, Oakland's "Big 4" is falling apart in the most crucial part of the season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X