X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: a lil' coaching session...

Originally posted by YankeeMan
    MATTINGLY -- Now I admire your veracity but we need to work on your delivery...

You have to remember a few things:

Most BoSux fans can't read -- at the risk of sounding redundant -- they're retarded.* So you wanna be short and sweet. So instead of "In game 6 of the 1986 World Series <blah-blah-blah>" break it down in terms that are instantly understood by all. <see pic below>

*Let me appologize in advance to all illiterate and retarded people everywhere -- it's just a joke -- I don't mean to imply that retards/illterates are BoSux fans. I know most of you "special needs" people are smarter than that.
    Well, could the average BoSux fan actually read and understand this? With the exception of Ken, I mean. Hmmmm, can he even understand this then? I guess we'll have to go to a higher source?

Yankee fans, anyone?
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: news flash

Originally posted by RedSoxFanAtic
      I already told you, I'll conyinue to root for them and hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I've lost hope that they'll be legitimate contenders for the title this year. Doesn't make me a bad fan, just realistic, and doesn't mean I can't be happy when they have some success. Fact is, I'm really really dissapointed with the way this team has played in the past 6 weeks.
      they showed great improvement, and I think the mgt is trying hard, but i just think they still have too many weaknesses and problems to put it all together. Ah well, what can you do?

I'll watch when I can and I'll pull for them, but I fear they'll not go far this year. I'd still like to see them make the playoffs - that would at least be fun.
      That's fine. I guess that in the end, if Seattle doesn't do you guys in, then we'll have to. Either way, it could be fun!

Mmmmmmm, pass the popcorn, please!
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• That's a horrid sig line Mattingly.

Comment

• Re: Re: Yastrzemski's No-hitter saving catch...

Originally posted by KenFougere
          How ironic, considering where he {E. Howard} ended up later in the season...
          Yeah, got traded to Beantown, then was on the *losing* end of the 1967 WS, whereas Roger Maris was on the *winning* end of it, so I guess which club you go to depends upon whether you're a winner or a loserboy. I think that somebody on this thread has a tape of that event, but I'm not sure who?

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseb...55MAY.stm#day7 (from 1955)

Saturday, May 7th
          IN THE NEWS: Backed by Elston Howard's first ML homer, and Mickey Mantle's tie breaker to dead CF in the 8th, the visiting Yanks overpower the Red Sox, 9–6. The Yanks spot Boston a 5–0 lead before roaring back with three in the 9th.

New York Yankees 9, Boston Red Sox 6 at Fenway Park
          Last edited by Mattingly; 08-24-2003, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• How about Sammy in pinstripes too for next season? He's past his prime now and will only be going downhill. You guys did make offers for him a couple years ago.
            2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
              That's a horrid sig line Mattingly.
              Pot to kettle: you calling me black?

Who's that? Johnny Pesky? I don't recognize him offhand. Hey, couldn't you at least wait until Pedro smacks you guys around once more before coming up with that godawful sig? I mean, Little Pedro just came off the doctor induced DL, so why not?

Oh, I hope you guys can at least do us some kind of favors, since losing to Beantown this late in the season is crazy. I think we'll have to do the job ourselves next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                How about Sammy in pinstripes too for next season? He's past his prime now and will only be going downhill. You guys did make offers for him a couple years ago.
                No way, we've already had our share of past their prime players. The Reds tried passing off Junior onto us, but we wouldn't bite. We might as well take Albert Belle off Baltimore's hands in that case.

For RF in 2004, I expect Juan Rivera platooning with Karim Garcia, both of whom have strong arms and decent bats, play the corner spots. Until Bernie's ready to hang em up in a few years, I don't see any overpriced or overhyped corner OF coming our way soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly

Who's that? Johnny Pesky? I don't recognize him offhand. Hey, couldn't you at least wait until Pedro smacks you guys around once more before coming up with that godawful sig? I mean, Little Pedro just came off the doctor induced DL, so why not?

Oh, I hope you guys can at least do us some kind of favors, since losing to Beantown this late in the season is crazy. I think we'll have to do the job ourselves next time.
                  Don't let Ken hear you not recognize Yaz.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: a lil' coaching session...

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                    Ya' see what I'm talking about Mattingly?

LOL.

This is my 869th post. -- Reminds me of an address:
                    869 River Ave, The Bronx, NY 10451

Hey, Ken's the real standup guy who handles all of our mess. He's good, since who else would deal with us like this?

Yankee Stadium has an address? I thought it was just "161st St and River Ave". In fact, I once delivered something there (refunds from the last ALCS games ), and the countergirl asked if UPS would recognize that address. I reminded her that if any UPS driver didn't know where Yankee Stadium was, he should be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
                      Don't let Ken hear you not recognize Yaz.
                      Oh, that's him? I'd offered to dig up a picture of Teddy before when I lost, but he insisted upon a regular av here. Must've made an exception.

I've seen Teddy countless times, but I almost never see any pictures of Yaz. Does he hide out or something why he's not so publicly visible? Every picture Ken shows of him shows his back and #8.

Comment

Oh, that's him? I'd offered to dig up a picture of Teddy before when I lost, but he insisted upon a regular av here. Must've made an exception.

I've seen Teddy countless times, but I almost never see any pictures of Yaz. Does he hide out or something why he's not so publicly visible? Every picture Ken shows of him shows his back and #8.
                        I asked if I could wear Yaz and he said Sure. I have no idea why you don't see Yaz more often in the public eye. He was an incredible player. Maybe Ken can help us out with that one.

Comment

• I was wondering why exactly you ditched the old Mariner avatar.
                          2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Dear Boston,

Thanks for beating the M's again. You can have the Wild Card, we'll take the WEST.

Kindest Regards,

Oakland
                            WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Who's that? Johnny Pesky? Excuse me? The year the pic was taken, the player you see just won his 1st AL batting title...

Looking forward to it...alot!

Our starters are in a groove and our bats are alive and well again, especially the middle of the order. Oh ya, really looking forward to it . . .
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                                I was wondering why exactly you ditched the old Mariner avatar.
                                Still wondering?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X