Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeesh matingly, calm down a little bit, you're getting a little obnoxious.
    "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
    -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      No fair, Jose Contreras beat the O's also, and we gave up no runs then (7-0). Your score was 13-1.

Did you happen to take note that a certain pitcher only lasted 4 innings yesterday against the Yanks, then was taken out forcibly? Did you happen to notice that his first name was Pedro? Just a thought.
      I did notice it Mattingly, and I appreciate you allowing the M's to take the lead in the WC race over Boston.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
        But half the games are played on the road -- which draws a different picture:

Road Stats
        Code:
        No, not even close!

Home - Bos +67 pts.

Red Sox - .325

Yankees - .258

- - - - - - - - - - -

Road - NY +19 pts. 

Yankees - .278

Red Sox - .259

New York plays 81 games at Yankee Stadium. Name another ballpark where they play 81 games? _:rolleyes: 
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
          Sorry to do this to you, Boston fans *crosses fingers*, but ya had your big hopes on Mr Automatic held so high, I guess that those two dominating games against Seattle must've taken something out of the tank. Now we'll have to see what *our* Roger Clemens has tonight, and what Tim Wakefield does.

Don't worry, it's all good, all in fun. Now if I were being evil, I'd just mention that Posada had 2 jacks, 3 RBI while Varitek was 0 for 4, and that the quartet of Nick Johnson, Enrique Wilson, Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter did some damage yesterday. However, I'm not evil, so in celebration of Saturday afternoon:

Pettitte earns 17th victory, ties AL leaders

BOSTON (AP) -- Nick Johnson and Jorge Posada wouldn't let the New York Yankees' bullpen give the game away.

That's why Andy Pettitte came away with a win and Pedro Martinez didn't.

Pettitte outlasted the fatigued Red Sox ace Saturday and led the Yankees to a 10-7 victory over Boston, surviving early trouble to move into a tie for the league lead with his 17th win. New York extended its lead in the AL East to 4{ games.

"This could be the biggest game of the year," Yankees manager Joe Torre said.

<snip>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pettitte (17-7) outpitches Pedro as Yanks survive 10-7

Aug. 30, 2003
          SportsLine.com wire reports

BOSTON -- Nick Johnson and Jorge Posada wouldn't let the New York Yankees' bullpen give the game away.

Pettitte outlasted the fatigued Red Sox ace Saturday and led the Yankees to a 10-7 victory over Boston, surviving early trouble to move into a tie for the league lead with his 17th win. New York extended its lead in the AL East to 4½ games.

<snip>
          The guy was bed-ridden on intravenous in the hospital for 5 days...
          Oh ya, you really got him good!

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Andy Petite is no longer the leader in wins. Some Sox pitcher is now. The White Sox, not the wrong Sox.
            2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggerin
              yeesh matingly, calm down a little bit, you're getting a little obnoxious.
              OK, I'll try. Just got a little excited, that's all.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                The guy was bed-ridden on intravenous in the hospital for 5 days...
                Oh ya, you really got him good!

OK, I'll accept that. Hope he feels better.
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Fenway Faithful -- Class Act...

Standing O and a curtain call for Roger from the fans. Nice.
                  WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
                    I did notice it Mattingly, and I appreciate you allowing the M's to take the lead in the WC race over Boston.
                    Any time, buddy. *Shake hands*

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                      Andy Petite is no longer the leader in wins. Some Sox pitcher is now. The White Sox, not the wrong Sox.
                      I'll accept that. I hope he doesn't do *too* well in October though.

Comment

• YM, very true, a very classy ovation and applause from the Fenway home crowd for Roger today!

Comment

• There's no joy in Beantown tonight...

Because Casey (No-mah) has struck out.
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• 5.5 GB. Gee, I wonder if someone should be happening along about now. Hmm, I wonder who it could possibly be?

Comment

• Re: There's no joy in Beantown tonight...

Originally posted by YankeeMan
                              Because Casey (No-mah) has struck out.
                              Meanwhile, Nellie seemed to be on Theo's payroll out there. He needs to calm down, since he's getting almost as bad as Benitez right now.

At least Gabe White showed me something, as he needs to be trusted some more. Hopefully, he's not the only one out there who's good.

Oh well, at least our big star from the farm beat theirs.

Comment

• bah, horrible defense killed us today.

Oh well... as it stands now, the yanks need one more win to take the season series, so we'll just have to sweep ya next time
                                "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                                -Scott Stossel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X