Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by YankeeMan:
    "This is the 400th Post in the thread!"


    yeah and it wasn't a bad read for the first 100 or so...

    i wonder how many of the posts are just banter between you and Ken...not sure there's been anything additive to the thread subject in many moons, except maybe someone wants a record?

    enough already...

    who's the moderator here...


    razors

    Comment


    • Originally posted by razors
      "This is the 400th Post in the thread!"
      who's the moderator here...
      That would be YankeeMan

      Comment


      • It's your choice . . .

        [QUOTE]Originally posted by razors
        [i]Originally posted by YankeeMan:
        "This is the 400th Post in the thread!"
        yeah and it wasn't a bad read for the first 100 or so...
        i wonder how many of the posts are just banter between you and Ken...not sure there's been anything additive to the thread subject in many moons, except maybe someone wants a record?
        enough already...
        who's the moderator here... razors
        The "banter", as you call it, is between two very opinionated baseball fans extending what their two teams have been involved in for a century, it's called a rivalry. {see title page} It's your choice to come here to read and add your thoughts to the thread. It's also your choice not to . . .
        . . . . . .
        Ken Fougère

        Comment


        • nono... not "best thread ever" its:

          "best...thread...evar!!!11!"

          The 'a' and 1's in the !'s are mandatory.

          Anyway, this really is the best thread ever, at least on this forum. It's fun. It's yankees vs. redsox, back to back with insults and all that good stuff.

          love it.
          Last edited by Biggerin; 06-04-2003, 06:20 PM.
          "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
          -Scott Stossel

          Comment


          • Originally posted by VTSoxFan
            Hey that's news to me! What else has my astral body been doing when I'm not paying attention? Good grief! Is there a past life regression therapist in the house? How'd I get dragged into this, anyway?
            Yeah, when you were in the Fenway or Yankee Stadium bleachers, the Bronx bodysnatchers replaced your "LETS GO RED SOX!" with "LET'S GO YANKEES!"

            How'd you get dragged into it? I had to drag some unwilling soul into this thread, didn't I?
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

            Comment


            • just thought I'd mention that the sox are in first place again.
              "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
              -Scott Stossel

              Comment


              • George said the Reds were too good for NYY to handle.

                Originally posted by Biggerin
                just thought I'd mention that the sox are in first place again.
                Originally posted by YankeeMan - updated by Ken

                I wonder if the "Yankee Nation" enjoyed the brief stay in first place. Sheesh, I thought they'd hold it a couple of weeks at least. :choke:
                :gt
                Truer words . . .
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mattingly
                  Yeah, when you were in the Fenway or Yankee Stadium bleachers, the Bronx bodysnatchers replaced your "LETS GO RED SOX!" with "LET'S GO YANKEES!"

                  How'd you get dragged into it? I had to drag some unwilling soul into this thread, didn't I?
                  AUGH! never never never never! My non-corporeal form is just as loyal to the Sox as the rest of me, and can not be turned, no matter what the nefarious Bronx bodysnatchers may try. (I see a movie... or at least a comic book, in this.)

                  Are you guys enjoying your stay at the Great American Ballpark? We sure are enjoying your stay there!
                  --Annie
                  Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                  Remember Yellowdog
                  ABNY

                  Comment


                  • Re: It's your choice . . .

                    Originally posted by KenFougere:
                    "The "banter", as you call it, is between two very opinionated baseball fans extending what their two teams have been involved in for a century, it's called a rivalry. {see title page} It's your choice to come here to read and add your thoughts to the thread. It's also your choice not to . . . "


                    Thanks for letting me know my choices on involvement in this forum KenFougere!

                    Anyway, you may think that you are extending a [bitter] rivalry {see title page} - I think you're extending a thread for the sake of it...no harm in that -AT ALL- most GOOD forums end-up having a thread like this once in a while...

                    ...I just happen to think that the best threads are those that have a bit more substance for the majority...I hate to miss a good post because it's buried in an inordinantly long thread...but no big whoop KenFougere, stay cool - I'm glad you're having fun...



                    razors


                    [For your edification KenFougere, in case I have mis-characterized your interaction with the Yankeeman.

                    Banter:
                    NOUN: Good-humored, playful conversation.
                    TRANSITIVE VERB: To speak to in a playful or teasing way.
                    INTRANSITIVE VERB: To exchange mildly teasing remarks]

                    Comment


                    • Re: Re: It's your choice . . .

                      Originally posted by razors
                      [B]
                      Anyway, you may think that you are extending a [bitter] rivalry {see title page} - I think you're extending a thread for the sake of it...

                      ...I just happen to think that the best threads are those that have a bit more substance for the majority...I hate to miss a good post because it's buried in an inordinantly long thread...

                      Hey Razor I gotta butt in here ('cause I am an A-hole sometimes :grouchy )

                      ...aint you (actually we ) doin the same thing?
                      Country:: Kanada

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                        AUGH! never never never never! My non-corporeal form is just as loyal to the Sox as the rest of me, and can not be turned, no matter what the nefarious Bronx bodysnatchers may try. (I see a movie... or at least a comic book, in this.)

                        Are you guys enjoying your stay at the Great American Ballpark? We sure are enjoying your stay there!
                        The Bronx Bodysnatchers aren't finished. Remember, it's still June. Let's see what happens after the break, if history is any indication!

                        With Pettitte, it was sloppy "D" including on his own part. With Moose, it was 4 balls golfed as souvenirs. Hope that Contreras can stable this ship, as you guys haven't led us by more than 1/2 game all season so far.
                        Last edited by Mattingly; 06-05-2003, 12:10 PM.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                        Comment


                        • Re: Re: Re: It's your choice . . .

                          [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mikey_s:
                          "Hey Razor I gotta butt in here ('cause I am an A-hole sometimes :grouchy )

                          ...aint you (actually we ) doin the same thing?"




                          yep!!! but like i said no big whoop, just no where near the best thread ever...this thread really has nothing to do with bitter rivalries anymore and when 2-300 (or more) of the posts are from just 2 people i wish they'd start a new one...

                          something like:

                          "Why KenFougere and YankeeMan like to 'post' to eachother several times a day , intead of e-mail or PMs"

                          ...and if i keep on 'whinging' then this thread could reach a 1000 posts in not time (please tell me this thread'll die before then, please!)...


                          cheers



                          razors

                          Comment


                          • If we use PM's or e-mail -- other Yankee (and BoSux) fans don't get a chance to "chime in" -- which is part of the fun!

                            But this topic is not limited to ONE rivialry. Others are welcome but it is clear that ONE is a lot more vocal.
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                            1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                            1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                            1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                            Comment


                            • With the Yanks (34-25, .576) and Boston (33-24, .579) tied at 1st, who blinks first?
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mattingly
                                With the Yanks (34-25, .576) and Boston (33-24, .579) tied at 1st, who blinks first?
                                [list=1] [*]New York Yankees...34W 25L .576
                                [*]Boston Red Sox.......33W 25L .569 ½ GB[/list=1]
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 06-05-2003, 10:27 PM.
                                Ken Fougère

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X