• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YankeeMan
    SABR member since 1994
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by bigtime39
    Oh, I've been waiting for you to go THERE...

1.) Orioles only in Baltimore since 1954...I'm not gonna count the time spent in St. Louis.
    3 Championships (1966, 1970 and 1983) since 1954 -- I'm no math major but I'm gonna guess that's significantly less than 26% -- about 20% less!

2.) Yankees have led the league in REVENUE, say 95 out of the 100 years they've been around? The question shouldn't really be how they WON 26 times, but rather, how'd they f*** up and lose 74 times?
    $$$ does NOT equal championships -- see 2003 NY Mets. ...And the Cubbies have constantly turned a tidy profit -- where's thier title?

3.) I'm COMPLETELY willing to admit that the Yankees have handled their GINORMOUS revenue advantage well since 1996, and that in the same period, the Orioles have not spent well...but I daresay that if your buddy Jeffrey Mayer hadn't snatched that ball out of Tony Tarrasco's glove in 1996, things might have turned out different.
    As my wife has said, "It was a homerun -- it just needed a lil' help."

4.) Level the playing field, and we'll talk...BTW, since my team started life as the Milwaukee Brewers, guess where yours got birthed up...Baltimore!
    If Baltimore is not a "major league" town -- FOLD and go back to AAA.
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• KenFougere
      Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
      • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Mattingly
      *Sits snug like a bug in a rug*

Anybody got a can of Raid handy?

Comment

• KenFougere
        Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
        • Jan 2000

Originally posted by YankeeMan
        If Baltimore is not a "major league" town -- FOLD and go back to AAA.
        I see the hospital stay mellowed you...

Comment

• Hammerin Hank
          Slave to the Game
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by tearforamariner
          So by this statement, would you have a problem saying that Dontrelle Willis is a great starting Pitcher?
          You haven't been able to tell that already? I'll say it right now: Although Dontrelle Willis has had a great rookie year so far he may not be a great starting pitcher. Only time will tell.
          2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• tearforamariner
            Research Baseball
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
            You haven't been able to tell that already? I'll say it right now: Although Dontrelle Willis has had a great rookie year so far he may not be a great starting pitcher. Only time will tell.
            Okay, I can agre with that, but who would you rather have in your rotation this season, Dontrelle Willis or Roger Clemens?

Comment

• Hammerin Hank
              Slave to the Game
              • Aug 2002

Roger Clemens is a Yankee. I wouldn't even consider him or his teammates to ever be on a team of mine.
              2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• RedSoxFanAtic

sox continue to struggle

boy, selling real estate sure does get in the way of watching baeball!

my sox sure sre struggling. I'm so dissappointed with what suppan's done. I thought he'd be a shot in the arm but he hasn't been at all. he was doing sooo well before this.

I still think we can make the playoffs, and I'm not giving up hope on the division, but it sure does look like they're still gonna have to improve the starting rotation further before we'll be able to really make a run at the title. I just don't think Lowe, Wakefield, Burkett, & Suppan are good enough.

I still think the Yankees winning is nothing more than using money advantages to force the issue and practically guarantee success. Their track record of titles is a farce as far as I'm concerned. You can argue it all you want but it won't change what people think. Arrogantly brushing it off doesn't make it go away. In fact, I dare say the Yankees winning due to money is proof positive of baeball having serious problems and it all starts with the commissioner.

Maybe some day they'll fix things, the playing field will be level, and the yankees winning would actual be proof of good mgt and good play, and not just a farce of money advantages.

when the sox win, there will be more satisfaction than the yankees will ever know, because we will have earned it.

must be weird knowing people hate and lack respect for your baseball team, despite their success.

oh well. at least we have a football team will a real shot!

Comment

• drillerman
                  Yeah its the Driller.
                  • Jun 2003

who the ravens. Nah Big tuna gonna take the boys back to glory. yesterday he got so pissed at them he and his coaching staff left practice and told them to coach themselves lets just say the defense stepped up and the offense was worthless.
                  International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                  Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• Mattingly
                    Yankee fan & proud of it!
                    • Feb 2003

Up 5.5 now. Ya snooze, ya lose.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• drillerman
                      Yeah its the Driller.
                      • Jun 2003

you just couldn't let it die could you.

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                      Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• Mattingly
                        Yankee fan & proud of it!
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by drillerman
                        you just couldn't let it die could you.
                        Hey, why let Ken get first dibs at letting people know what the current standings are?

Weaver wasn't so hot, but not horrendous. It was Karim Garcia in RF who had a great arm and Posada, each with three smoked ribs.

For once this season, the Yanks were getting bunts, flyouts and sac flies to advance the runner and score. Hmmph, I thought we could only hit jacks to get our runners home.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• drillerman
                          Yeah its the Driller.
                          • Jun 2003

i give up.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• tearforamariner
                            Research Baseball
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mattingly
                            Hmmph, I thought we could only hit jacks to get our runners home.
                            No, that's all the fans seem to care about.

Comment

• YankeeMan
                              SABR member since 1994
                              • Feb 2003

34 + 11

I don't care how they do it -- just as long as they WIN!
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• drillerman
                                Yeah its the Driller.
                                • Jun 2003

who the red sox.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X