X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keystone
    A sucker for underdogs
    • Apr 2008

They can seem to do no wrong now. Maybe they just feel relieved to see Dukes in a Nats uni...

Comment

• Mattingly
      Yankee fan & proud of it!
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by efin98 View Post
      They have been on the rise for the last couple of years and only needed one thing to be successful- stay healthy!

They have a future and if they can sustain the momentum into a winning record maybe we may see Tampa drawing some veterans who are actually in their prime and not well over the hill...

And I know they are a "rival" from the AL East and are one of the few teams that there is true bad blood with the Red Sox but they are an adopted team, my niece/nephew's paternal Grandma is from the area so I gotta give them credit for what they do right :silent:
      Hey, aren't you the kid who couldn't swing the bat in that vid? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Don't forget, Boss George lives in Tampa Bay (the real one, not St Petersburg), and the Yanks' Minor League facility is down there, so we have very good reasons to make sure that Beantown fans sweat down south.

These guys can run and make nice plays. Too many rallies they've killed against us. Who would think we would be happy winning a 1-run game against Tampa Bay? Before, they were either the designated losers or if you took 3 of 4 in a 4-gamer, that was the best you could expect.

They've added vets like Percival, Floyd and Hinske. Nice mix.

Anyway, Beantown has lost, so I should be hearing crickets from you guys and gals about now.

If not, I'll find a rusty trunk worthy of an MIT flunky.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Mattingly
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by SDL View Post
        Hey, you should be down here..you'd think the Rays won the World Series.

I admit, I've always liked Maddon. Remember that after Grady went bye bye, it was between Maddon and Francona for the Sox job
        So which one would you have preferred having?

Don't forget that Maddon's staff is younger, and neither one of our teams is as young as them.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Solair Wright
          Cardinals and MLB fan
          • Sep 2005

Baltimore seems to have the Red Sox's number this season. No matter what, they beat them. However, the Yankees barely won 2-1. One run difference? Moose went into a time machine to 1993 and went back in 2008 to beat the Rays? Girardi getting another yell-in by Hank for barely winning a game? The mysteries of the universe are out there.

Comment

• efin98
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            Hey, aren't you the kid who couldn't swing the bat in that vid? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
            It ain't me, I've got a shaven head...but I can't swing a bat to save a life and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from a foot away if you gave me a dozen swings(I ain't joking either!!!!) :grouchy

Don't forget, Boss George lives in Tampa Bay (the real one, not St Petersburg), and the Yanks' Minor League facility is down there, so we have very good reasons to make sure that Beantown fans sweat down south.

These guys can run and make nice plays. Too many rallies they've killed against us. Who would think we would be happy winning a 1-run game against Tampa Bay? Before, they were either the designated losers or if you took 3 of 4 in a 4-gamer, that was the best you could expect.

They've added vets like Percival, Floyd and Hinske. Nice mix.

Anyway, Beantown has lost, so I should be hearing crickets from you guys and gals about now.

If not, I'll find a rusty trunk worthy of an MIT flunky.
            Anyone hear that? I think I hear the sound of a fly buzzing...it can't be the sounds of a fan of a team under .500 and getting told to "be more like Tampa" by their owner's scion/idiot/bulletin board material maker...
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Solair Wright
              Cardinals and MLB fan
              • Sep 2005

Well, on my fictional visit to the Bleacher Creatures, here is what I saw what remained of Yankee Stadium's fanbase after July:

I should have suggested this to be the "new Yankee Stadium" design:

It's the perfect size of a stadium for Hank Steinbrenner. Since he wants to win so badly, it may even get (or got) rejected by the MLB front office!

Comment

• keystone
                A sucker for underdogs
                • Apr 2008

Good one, Solair!

Comment

• Mattingly
                  • Feb 2003

Dear Bitter Rivalry threadheaders:

Ladies and Gents, Children of all ages, MIT flunkies and efin98:

Due to a standard system upgrade and our standard "cleansing process", we shall be forced to close this thread. Once our upgrade process is completed, and we have permanently eradicated the various silly hillbilly Beantowners and upstart St Lou folks from here, then this thread shall re-open as scheduled.

Until then (or until both teams go into a deep nosedive), this thread shall close for routine maintenance! Your co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

-Management

Comment

• efin98
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                    Dear Bitter Rivalry threadheaders:

Ladies and Gents, Children of all ages, MIT flunkies and efin98:

Due to a standard system upgrade and our standard "cleansing process", we shall be forced to close this thread. Once our upgrade process is completed, and we have permanently eradicated the various silly hillbilly Beantowners and upstart St Lou folks from here, then this thread shall re-open as scheduled.

Until then (or until both teams go into a deep nosedive), this thread shall close for routine maintenance! Your co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

-Management
                    Aw, I get singled out- I've finally made it! :applaud:

Routine maintenance you say? Sounds like the Yankees won't be above atop the standings for a lot longer than fans had hoped...
                    Best posts ever:

Comment

• Solair Wright
                      Cardinals and MLB fan
                      • Sep 2005

Let's see if this "routine maintenance" works against their opponent, the New York Mets. Beantown's getting the brooms, and you Yankees are fearing getting broom service by the Orange and Blue.

Quite the antithesis for each team, might you say?

Comment

• SDL
                        Who the hell is Stan Papi
                        • Sep 2006

I'm just waiting for the soon-to-be-occurring Joey Pitbull/ Hanky-Poo meltdown.

The result should be what we referred to in one of my History classes as "M.A.D." (and I don't mean as in "temperament")
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Solair Wright
                          Cardinals and MLB fan
                          • Sep 2005

The new home of the New York Yankees:

How is it down there? Cold and scary, as I expected?

Comment

• YankeeFanUK
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post

shouldnt you be worrying about the Cubs ?...
                            BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
                            “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

• efin98
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post

Could be worse, could be rats down there!
                              Best posts ever:

Comment

• Solair Wright
                                Cardinals and MLB fan
                                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
                                shouldnt you be worrying about the Cubs ?...
                                Nah, it's more fun poking fun at the 26-time World Champions. (since I used to live around NYC, and will eventually end up living there again this year) And let's see how the "Ace" Chien-Ming Wang goes against Oliver Perez. Then the Sox get to deal with the Royals and then go to "the Dump in Oakland." :noidea

Your six-game path seems to be easy, but don't underestimate our six-game path!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X