• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mattingly
    Yankee fan & proud of it!
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by EvanAparra
    Well i hope i live til im 104!
    Nahhhhhhhhhh, just when you'll be explaining to your great-great-great-great-great grandkids how the hapless Sawx finally got lucky, and then just one strike away from winning it all again in 2090, the Ghost of Bill "Bowl Legs" Buckner the 19th will appear. He will be running away from the Ghost of Mookie "Supa Man" Wilson the 20th.

And it's a slow roller to 1st ...

Smile, you're on Candid Camera!

Hiya, Evan!

These days Bill Buckner sticks to
    fielding questions.

The end of an error
    He played for both the Cubs and Red Sox, so who better to provide Page 2 with an inside take on the 2003 baseball playoffs than Bill Buckner.

Here's an excerpt of Billy Buck's Playoff Diary from Tuesday night.

NLCS, Game 6: Marlins at Cubs
    Top of the eighth: With the Marlins trailing 3-0, Florida's Mike Mordecai leads off the inning with a flyout to Moises Alou in left. The Cubs are five outs away from their first World Series in 58 years, and ace Mark Prior has given up only three hits. These great fans at Wrigley really deserve a night like this. I've always admired how they support their team win or lose. They're not like fans in a lot of other cities where they obsess over one bad play for 17 years or don't appreciate a guy who hit over .300 seven times.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 09-08-2006, 03:27 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• EvanAparra
      Team Veteran
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mattingly
      Nahhhhhhhhhh, just when you'll be explaining to your great-great-great-great-great grandkids how the hapless Sawx finally got lucky, and then just one strike away from winning it all again in 2090, the Ghost of Bill "Bowl Legs" Buckner the 19th will appear. He will be running away from the Ghost of Mookie "Supa Man" Wilson the 20th.

And it's a slow roller to 1st ...

Smile, you're on Candid Camera!

Hiya, Evan!

These days Bill Buckner sticks to
      fielding questions.

The end of an error
      I prefer this one...

Or this one...

Comment

• Mariano_Rivera
        Joba Rules
        • Mar 2006

I prefer this one...

Or this one...

Oh Yeah, well Insert Witty Response. Hah Take that
        Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 09-08-2006, 04:18 PM.
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Yankeebiscuitfan

I prefer this one...

Or this one...

Okay we all know that Red Sox fan is a synonym for strange...

But a Red Sox fans preferring a D-Backs and Marlins WS win over the one of his own team... THAT'S WEIRD.

Comment

• Mariano_Rivera
            Joba Rules
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan

But a Red Sox fans preferring a D-Backs and Marlins WS win over the one of his own team... THAT'S WEIRD.
            Note: The Bitter Rivals Thread has reached 100,000 views which mean 100,00 people have seen the brutal thrashing the Yankees fans have given Red Sox fans since circa 1903

Comment

• Mariano_Rivera
              Joba Rules
              • Mar 2006

Much less a picture of the Yankees ace of 2005 and the number 3 starter of 2006

Comment

• EvanAparra
                Team Veteran
                • Mar 2006

Isnt it weird that the 3 guys in those pics all play for our teams.... If only Johnson and Beckett could pitch as well as they did back then...

Well maybe not Johnson....

Comment

• EvanAparra
                  Team Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                  Note: The Bitter Rivals Thread has reached 100,000 views which mean 100,00 people have seen the brutal thrashing the Yankees fans have given Red Sox fans since circa 1903
                  Jeez, computers have been around a lot longer than i had thought.

Comment

• Mattingly
                    • Feb 2003

Jeez, computers have been around a lot longer than i had thought.
                    I think that computers came to be around the 1950s. However, the Yanks have 30 years on them in having spanked Beantown since 1923. Just remember. we had nothing--absolutely *NOTHING*--until one certain player trade.

Not to worry, 2090 isn't that far away. I'm sure you die=hard Beantowners are patient.
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Mariano_Rivera
                      Joba Rules
                      • Mar 2006

Isnt it weird that the 3 guys in those pics all play for our teams.... If only Johnson and Beckett could pitch as well as they did back then...

Well maybe not Johnson....
                      You mean Johnson doesn`t?????!!!!!!!!! I haven`t noticed!

Comment

• Yankeebiscuitfan

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                        You mean Johnson doesn`t?????!!!!!!!!! I haven`t noticed!
                        Where have you been? On the South Pole?

Comment

• Mattingly
                          • Feb 2003

How many dingers will Josh "33 HRs" Beckett give up this game?

Oh, and Yanks won already.
                          Where have you been? On the South Pole?
                          You've gotta worry a bit about some of these Yankee fans. This one's almost as "touched" as myself.
                          Last edited by Mattingly; 09-09-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• EvanAparra
                            Team Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mattingly
                            I think that computers came to be around the 1950s. However, the Yanks have 30 years on them in having spanked Beantown since 1923. Just remember. we had nothing--absolutely *NOTHING*--until one certain player trade.

Not to worry, 2090 isn't that far away. I'm sure you die=hard Beantowners are patient.

Ive read a couple places that the No No nanette thing wasnt true...

Just something to make fun of the guy for..

Supposedly the trade had nothing to do with it... I wouldnt be surprised, Ruth probably wanted out because they serve better Hot dogs at Yankee stadium..

Comment

• Mattingly
                              • Feb 2003

Ive read a couple places that the No No nanette thing wasnt true...

Just something to make fun of the guy for..

Supposedly the trade had nothing to do with it... I wouldnt be surprised, Ruth probably wanted out because they serve better Hot dogs at Yankee stadium..
                              Doesn't even matter to me. A Beantown owner needs to make a play on Broadway in NYC, so he trades his best pitcher (and eventual slugger) to a NYC team. That make sense to you?

Ruth does love his hot dogs. However, he just wanted to make sure that if he were to have the superior Yankee fan's hot dog, he'd hot dog it himself in October. No Fenway Franks sold in October.

Oh yeah, turn off your PC until you guyz & galz learn to beat the Mighty KC Royals, whose ownership of Beantown comes with a receipt. Extra frames and you guys & gals get slapped silly in *YOUR HOUSE* for 6 unanswered runs in the 12th?! How does the worst team in baseball put up crooked numbers against you in front of the horrified NE fans?

The Royals won their fifth consecutive game over the Red Sox when Jeff Keppinger's three-run homer broke a tie in the six-run 12th inning that gave Kansas City a 10-4 victory Saturday night.

"The Sox are still a powerhouse, one of the most feared teams in baseball," Kansas City's Mike Sweeney said. "To beat them two straight here is a huge feat. I can't ever remember playing as well as we have against the Red Sox."

Kansas City improved to 54-89 one night after winning 10-9 with two runs in the ninth. Boston fell to 75-67, is 10-24 since Aug. 5 and trails Minnesota by 1½ games in the AL wild-card standings.

The Royals "might not have the record that dictates they should beat us but they have good players over there," Boston's Coco Crisp said.
                              Contrary to what's been quoted, the Sawx are 7.5 behind the Twins in the WC, not 1.5 GB, and even Anaheim is 6.5 GB.

Visit ESPN for the complete 2024 MLB season standings. Includes league, conference and division standings for regular season and playoffs.

Get the latest MLB Baseball standings from across the league. Follow your favorite team through the 2024 season. 2024 team records, home and away records, win percentage, current streak, and more on CBSSports.com
                              Last edited by Mattingly; 09-09-2006, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Yankeebiscuitfan

So even the hot dogs are better at Yankee Stadium...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X