• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insanefishpossay
    • May 2003

Team Commercials...

Just wondering what other team's commercials are like. T
    he Twins have some great ones, that are pretty darn funny.
  • NickG
    Non-prophet
    • Jan 2000

The Marlins are pretty hostile. There's one where a husband and wife are checking a pregnancy test, then the graphic shows up on the screen saying "Marlins vs. Expos". The guy sees that, and, instead of looking to see whether the test was positive or not, says, "they're going to kill 'em". Needless to say, the wife is not happy about that.
    I'm NickG, and I approve this message.

Home page

"In God we trust, all else must have data."
    -- Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson

Comment

• baseballwise
      • Jan 2000

Weird!!! Guess you have to see the ad to appreciate the "humor."
      Nothin' like fun at the ol' ballpark!

Comment

• The Dude
        Going on a neature walk
        • Jun 2003

Lol Nick. You watch marlins on FSN? We have that same commercial up here in WI but it lists brewers v. whoever.
        AL East Champions: 1981 1982
        AL Pennant: 1982
        NL Central Champions: 2011
        NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

• ricucity
          Maroth for MVP
          • Jul 2003

Same here in Detroit...it is all a scam I guess.

But there is one where it is dark and smoky, and Kirk Gibson goes around banging on doors and says "let's go" and Lance Parrish and Juan Samuel walk out, and they all knock on Tram's door and ask "are you ready?" and Tram says, "Yea, let's do it." And they walk out to the top steps of the dugout and look with arms crossed into the crowd.

Dumb commercial, as the theme is "We come to play" or "We are ready to play" something like that.
          The Tigers are the best team in Major League Baseball, everybody just has a hard time accepting it.

Comment

• drillerman
            Yeah its the Driller.
            • Jun 2003

hum we get the cards the astros and the strangers
            on the same thing
            International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
            Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

1926 • 1931 • 1934 • 1942 • 1944 • 1946 • 1964 • 1967 • 1982

Comment

• insanefishpossay
              • May 2003

Originally posted by NickG
              The Marlins are pretty hostile. There's one where a husband and wife are checking a pregnancy test, then the graphic shows up on the screen saying "Marlins vs. Expos". The guy sees that, and, instead of looking to see whether the test was positive or not, says, "they're going to kill 'em". Needless to say, the wife is not happy about that.
              We get those occasionally on FSN, I can't stand them. But we also have another ad campaign "Gotta See 'Em".

The most recent one features Torii Hunter. It starts out with footage of torii making diving catches and says "Torii Hunter's Fame as spread all the way to fargo- Fargo, Japan that is"
              Then it shows a japanese anime comic book with robot-anime-style Torii Hunter, who's killing badguys and stuff, you hear a japanese guy say something in japanese with subtitles across the bottom saying "Torii Hunter is not human, he has the strengh of many men!".
              Then it shows a pokemon card with the anime-style torii, named 'Toriipuff', abilities= 'Superleap'.
              Then it does something else I can't remember... then it cuts to the "Minnesota Twins - Gotta See 'Em"

Comment

• Biggerin
                I heart RBI's
                • Aug 2002

bah, red sox comercials aren't really that funny. Most of the NESN ones are just glorifying the players. When they're not doing that, they're showing annoying people like bob ryan and dan shougnessy (or however that butthole spells his name) talking smack about the boston bullpen (I thought they were trying to PROMOTE the sox...)

On UPN, though, they have "Sox in the City," a take-off of sex in the city. They had one where they were making fun of billy mueller's name (it's pronounced "miller") then they make some stupid sex in the city type pun and we're all suposed to laugh.
                "Endlessly deferred redemption provides, paradoxically enough, its own kind of reward... It tests our faith and marks us as spiritually stronger than other fans for whom entrance into heaven is a far cheaper thing."
                -Scott Stossel

Comment

• Cubbie Blue
                  Bleacher Bum
                  • Jun 2003

The funniest baseball commercial I have seen was made a few years ago by the Mariners when they were making a run at the all-time single season wins record, in 2001 I believe.

In the commercial, the 1908 Cubs are there to defend their all-time record and want to challenge the M's to a game. Seeing these really old guys run around the diamond was pretty funny. Clever stuff. Definitely the funniest commercial I have seen.
                  "The last time the Cubs won a World Series was in 1908. The last time they were in one was 1945. Hey, any team can have a bad century."

-Tom Trebelhorn, former Cubs manager

Comment

• NickG
                    Non-prophet
                    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Dudecar00
                    Lol Nick. You watch marlins on FSN? We have that same commercial up here in WI but it lists brewers v. whoever.
                    So it's an FSN thing, then... that makes more sense (considering that it is coming from the same people who run the Faux News Channel).
                    I'm NickG, and I approve this message.

Home page

"In God we trust, all else must have data."
                    -- Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson

Comment

• drillerman
                      Yeah its the Driller.
                      • Jun 2003

hey i like fox
                      International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                      Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

1926 • 1931 • 1934 • 1942 • 1944 • 1946 • 1964 • 1967 • 1982

Comment

• MetsFan11368
                        Heaven on Earth
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NickG
                        Speaking of the Marlins, they have also been criticized for showing this commercial where the Marlins players are using the opposing team's bobblehead dolls for batting practice (Mets & Braves). Mind you, as a Met fan, it doesn't bother me one bit.
                        "Heroes are people who are all good with no bad in them. That's the way I always saw Joe DiMaggio. He was beyond question one of the greatest players of the century."

~Mickey Mantle

Comment

• insanefishpossay
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by MetsFan11368
                          Speaking of the Marlins, they have also been criticized for showing this commercial where the Marlins players are using the opposing team's bobblehead dolls for batting practice (Mets & Braves). Mind you, as a Met fan, it doesn't bother me one bit.
                          haha, that's pretty good, but you'd have to be careful which teams you show, it'd make the marlins look pretty bad to show that commercial using the braves, and then have the braves come in and whoop 'em.

There's another twins one, that features Eddie Guardado. It starts off showing eddie striking out some guy then doing his fist pump. "After Eddie Guardado set the Twins record for Saves in a season, Eddie decided it was time to re-invent himself..."
                          It shows a cut from a movie with a guy tapdancing, eddie's face is pasted onto the guys face, then it shows a guy being shot out of a cannon, again with eddie's face pasted on. "He tried everything, but nothing seemed right...."
                          Then it cuts to a scene from riverdance or some guy irish-dancing, with eddies face pasted on, ".....although the riverdance came awful close"

(It's funnier if you can actually see it)
                          Last edited by insanefishpossay; 07-13-2003, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• tearforamariner
                            Research Baseball
                            • Jun 2003

In the commercial, the 1908 Cubs are there to defend their all-time record
                            It was the 1906 Cubs, and it was 2002, after they won 116 games in 2001. It was a funny commercial.

All of the Mariners commercials are hilarious. Like the new home of the Mariners commercials. Komo 1000 radio broadcasts the games now, so to advertise it, they did these commercials as if the Mariners now live at Komo 1000. In one, Shigetoshi Hasegawa wakes up, walks into the bathroom and finds Arthur Rhodes. Rhodes asks, "Shiggy, you sleep ok?" And, in Japanese, he responds, "No, news, traffic, and weather..." Arthur goes, "I know every 15 minutes"
                            Last edited by tearforamariner; 07-13-2003, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Chisox73
                              Thunderstruck!
                              • Jan 2000

Didn't the M's have a commercial when Safeco first opened where one of the Mariners was driving to the ballpark and when he pulled in,he took out his garage door opener and opened up Safeco's roof?

I can't remember exactly if it was the Mariners or not.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X