Feb 6
      After Babe Ruth, the most notables are:
      Pedro Alvarez
      Travis Wood
      Richie Zisk
      Smokey Burgess
      Dale Long
      Glen Wright
      Yyou mean there was somebody after Babe Ruth?
      27 World Championships
      22 retired numbers
      Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
      Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

Well.. the most famous MLB player with the same calendar birthday as me is probably Larry "Booger" Walker, a should-be HoFer that is likely going to get gypped because "muh Coors effect".

Other notables: Javier Baez and Bobby Poyner (same actual birth date), George Foster, and Walter Alston. And Dan Straily, if you consider him to be notable these days.

Other famous people: golfer Lee Trevino, filmmaker Woody Allen, and comedian Richard Pryor.

Comment

June 26th:
          Derek Jeter
          “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"I don't care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a ******* zebra. I'm the manager of this team and I say he [Robinson] plays." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Best players for me (August 10) are Rocky Colavito and Buddy Lewis (WWII took a lot of starch out of him).
            Since its that time of year
            Do they still play the blues in Chicago, when baseball season rolls around?
            When the snow melts away, do the Chi-Sox still play, in horribly named burial ground?

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

The players with at least 20 career WAR born on my birthday (Sep 22) are:

58.9 Urban Shocker
              48.2 Bob Lemon
              40.1 Hooks Dauss
              32.0 Larry Dierker
              31.0 Bill Joyce
              20.8 Alexei Ramirez
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

We should do this for the best player born on the same day and year as you! No one was born on the same day and year as me!

Pat Mahomes was born one day earlier in Texas (same time zone) so I can't even make any 11:30 PM in one state, 12:30 AM in another zone arguments.
                Last edited by Toledo Inquisition; 09-12-2018, 01:55 PM.
                Since its that time of year
                Do they still play the blues in Chicago, when baseball season rolls around?
                When the snow melts away, do the Chi-Sox still play, in horribly named burial ground?

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

^Well, for me, that would be Javier Baez, with all of 11.0 career bWAR.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X