Proposed new rule that could one day eliminate rainouts in MLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed new rule that could one day eliminate rainouts in MLB

I have proposed that the MLB adopt a rule requiring all new stadiums, from the time of the rule's adoption, have a roof of some sort - it can be fixed or retractable. Existing outdoor stadiums would be grandfathered under the new rule. This rule is adopted with the idea of one day abolishing rainouts at the major league level. Rainouts are no fan for many fans. Of course it will probably be a long time before they even consider replacing Fenway and Wrigley, but once they do float around the idea, the replacement must have a roof.
    The playoffs should expand eventually, but only if MLB itself expands.

See my blog for more info.

The only way this can possibly work is having the cost of a roof lowered on the ball park price. As it is, they're mostly publicly financed anyway, so you're asking taxpayers to fork over tens of millions of dollars more just to prevent a handful of postponements.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

How about simply making a double-header for each rainout that occurs? Seems like a sensible idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrosrotatorcuff View Post
        How about simply making a double-header for each rainout that occurs? Seems like a sensible idea to me.
        Like was done for most of MLB's history.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X