Box Scores for Two Exhibition Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Scores for Two Exhibition Games

I don't know if there is a more proper section for this question; if there is, please move the thread there.

I am wondering if, other than looking on a scroll of microfilm at the library, if anyone has or knows where I could find box scores for two exhibition games played at the Superdome in New Orleans. I attended these games, and I am trying to compile a record of all of the regular season games and exhibition games that I saw during the 1990's.

The two in question is the New York Yankees vs. the Boston Red Sox, either April 1 or 2, 1994. I don't remember which date I attended, but the game ended in ended in a tie, and Jim Abbot started for the Yankees.

The other is the Chicago Cubs vs. the Minnesota Twins on April 4, 1999.

Thanks for your help!
    "Last season, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!" -Jack Eliot

Google news tab
    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

E-mail, write or call the New Orleans Times-Picayune (newspaper) as they undoubtedly covered the games and ran game stories and probably box scores too.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif_Eagle View Post
        E-mail, write or call the New Orleans Times-Picayune (newspaper) as they undoubtedly covered the games and ran game stories and probably box scores too.
        That'll be worth a shot. These are the only two games that I don't have box scores for. All of the other games that I've seen were official regular-season games so it has been no problem finding them on Baseball Reference. What I am trying to do is collect cards of the players I've seen play in person. Have a copy of the box scores from each series of games, with cards of those players from those particular years. I was fortunate enough to see a couple of dozen games (Braves, Astros, Cubs, Twins, Yankees, Red Sox) between 1992 and 1999. A lot of Hall of Famers.
        "Last season, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!" -Jack Eliot

Comment

Or major local papers of all four teams. They should print the boxscores of exhibition games as part of their stats coverages.
          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
          Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
          Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

The Red Sox/Yankee game was April 2, 1994. Box is from the New York Daily News of April 3.sox.jpg

Comment

Cubs/Twins game of April 4. Box is from Palm Beach Post of April 5, 1999. 0box.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
                Cubs/Twins game of April 4. Box is from Palm Beach Post of April 5, 1999.

Macker, you're amazing...
                Ken Fougère

Comment

Thank you guys so much. This is awesome!

Comment

I miss the days of devouring the boxscore in the newspaper! Guess I'm feeling old now, but I miss the nostalgic ways I used to follow the game..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X