X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheFonz
    started a topic Box Scores for Two Exhibition Games

Box Scores for Two Exhibition Games

I don't know if there is a more proper section for this question; if there is, please move the thread there.

I am wondering if, other than looking on a scroll of microfilm at the library, if anyone has or knows where I could find box scores for two exhibition games played at the Superdome in New Orleans. I attended these games, and I am trying to compile a record of all of the regular season games and exhibition games that I saw during the 1990's.

The two in question is the New York Yankees vs. the Boston Red Sox, either April 1 or 2, 1994. I don't remember which date I attended, but the game ended in ended in a tie, and Jim Abbot started for the Yankees.

The other is the Chicago Cubs vs. the Minnesota Twins on April 4, 1999.

Thanks for your help!

• Cubswin2019
    replied
    I miss the days of devouring the boxscore in the newspaper! Guess I'm feeling old now, but I miss the nostalgic ways I used to follow the game..

Leave a comment:

• TheFonz
    replied
    Thank you guys so much. This is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• KenFougere
    replied
    Originally posted by Macker View Post
    Cubs/Twins game of April 4. Box is from Palm Beach Post of April 5, 1999.

Macker, you're amazing...

Leave a comment:

• Macker
    replied
    Cubs/Twins game of April 4. Box is from Palm Beach Post of April 5, 1999. 0box.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Macker
    replied
    The Red Sox/Yankee game was April 2, 1994. Box is from the New York Daily News of April 3.sox.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SteveJRogers
    replied
    Or major local papers of all four teams. They should print the boxscores of exhibition games as part of their stats coverages.

Leave a comment:

• TheFonz
    replied
    Originally posted by Calif_Eagle View Post
    E-mail, write or call the New Orleans Times-Picayune (newspaper) as they undoubtedly covered the games and ran game stories and probably box scores too.
    That'll be worth a shot. These are the only two games that I don't have box scores for. All of the other games that I've seen were official regular-season games so it has been no problem finding them on Baseball Reference. What I am trying to do is collect cards of the players I've seen play in person. Have a copy of the box scores from each series of games, with cards of those players from those particular years. I was fortunate enough to see a couple of dozen games (Braves, Astros, Cubs, Twins, Yankees, Red Sox) between 1992 and 1999. A lot of Hall of Famers.

Leave a comment:

• Calif_Eagle
    replied
    E-mail, write or call the New Orleans Times-Picayune (newspaper) as they undoubtedly covered the games and ran game stories and probably box scores too.

Leave a comment:

• SteveJRogers
    replied
    RetroSheet.org

Leave a comment:

• bluesky5
    replied
    Google news tab

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...