Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing baseball? Why not do Camp NaNoWriMo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing baseball? Why not do Camp NaNoWriMo?

I don't know how many have heard of NaNoWriMo, the National Novel Writing Month. But, they have a month called Camp NaNo in April, also July. And, while so many are mostly homebound with the coronavirus now, it might be a fun thing for some of you.

The forums at nanowrimo.com are full of people who will help you with plot ideas, etc., but of course, I'm sure a vast majority here would probably want to fictionalize their favorite team, do a story of what would have happened if x trade or y injury hadn't happened, or just do a time travel self-insert. :-) And there are certainly others who are fans but really have been thinking about that mystery they always thought about or imagining some fantasy world or something else.

The important thing is, you don't have to do 50,000 words in a month, you can set your own pace. And, if you say say to yourself, "Wait, yeah, I 'd like to see what I could do with a Cubs dynasty in the '90s, but what's my plot, they'll help with that, too. Because who knows, maybe your thriller or romance or whatever will just have that as a backdrop in an alternate history setting?
    If Baseball Integrated Early - baseball integrated from the beginning - and "Brotherhood and baseball," the U.S. history companion, at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore - IBIE updated for 2011.

"Full House Chronology" at yahoo group fullhousefreaks & fullhouse4life with help of many fans, thanks for the input

I've taken part in NaNo several times, very fun. The first one I wrote was as a junior in HS, where I did a Boston-centered Die Hard re-write. I've only hit the 50k-word mark three times, but it's definitely about the journey rather than the destination.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X