Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenge for all the true MLB fans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Challenge for all the true MLB fans

    For the past several years, I have wanted to do something regarding MLB. I used to watch many games weekly, including national broadcasts plus the Braves and sometimes the Cubs on their respective "superstations".

    Now, I want to embark on a quest to watch every MLB team on TV. Both at home and away. I think this will be an interesting project to undertake. I will make up a spreadsheet to keep track all the teams and when I watch them in their own stadium as well as when they are away.

    Any other true followers of the game interested in joining me? The regular season begins on Thursday, April 1st.

  • #2
    I wish I had the time but it is a great idea. Please keep us posted.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LarrySC View Post
      For the past several years, I have wanted to do something regarding MLB. I used to watch many games weekly, including national broadcasts plus the Braves and sometimes the Cubs on their respective "superstations".

      Now, I want to embark on a quest to watch every MLB team on TV. Both at home and away. I think this will be an interesting project to undertake. I will make up a spreadsheet to keep track all the teams and when I watch them in their own stadium as well as when they are away.

      Any other true followers of the game interested in joining me? The regular season begins on Thursday, April 1st.
      I watch all 30 teams every year. Heh, some weekends I watch all 30 in a day. I don't keep a spreadsheet, tho, so I may be overlooking something extra you wish to do. Again, I may be missing something, but on the surface, this doesn't seem like a very difficult undertaking.
      Put it in the books.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by milladrive View Post

        I watch all 30 teams every year. Heh, some weekends I watch all 30 in a day. I don't keep a spreadsheet, tho, so I may be overlooking something extra you wish to do. Again, I may be missing something, but on the surface, this doesn't seem like a very difficult undertaking.
        All 30 teams in one weekend? That is 15 games over 2 or 3 days. Howdo you manage that wit many games airing at the same time. Can you give me an example?

        Comment


        • #5
          I am not a true MLB fan because I would have to be paid money to watch a full game between the Tigers and Royals or Pirates and Marlins.
          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

          1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

          1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


          The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LarrySC View Post

            All 30 teams in one weekend? That is 15 games over 2 or 3 days. Howdo you manage that wit many games airing at the same time. Can you give me an example?
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the feeling you're alluding to watching full games, from first pitch to last. If that's the case, there's clearly no way to watch more than perhaps two or three games a day. With 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and 10pm (EDT) starts on a full day, it's technically possible to catch four games in a day, albeit with a few overlaps.

            What I'm referring to is an MLB.tv subscription (with Reddit as backup for the blacked-out games), where a group of channels enables the viewer to flip thru the games, which I often do between innings. And I often stick with what I flipped to until that third out. Rinse and repeat. The only games I usually watch from top to bottom are my favorite teams, but on a Saturday or Sunday, it's possible to watch all 30 teams in a day.
            Put it in the books.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
              I am not a true MLB fan because I would have to be paid money to watch a full game between the Tigers and Royals or Pirates and Marlins.
              Yeah, I didn't catch that the first time around.

              I think it should be noted that one needn't watch even one game to be considered a "true fan." True fans come in all shapes and sizes. Some true fans watch nothing more than their local high school team or their kid's Little League. To imply otherwise is what I would call wrong.
              Put it in the books.

              Comment


              • #8
                P.S. I think this thread is better suited for Between Innings than Current Events, since this isn't a news item, which is what CE is usually reserved for. Carry on.
                Put it in the books.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wish I SuperStation too....


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    MLB season watch has started.

                    Game 1 = Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X