Unintentional Comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintentional Comedy

No ratings. Just unintentional comedy you've found throughout baseball. And no quotes.

Rickey Henderson
    Rafael Palmeiro's "I did not use steroids. Period." speech
    Tim McCarver writing a book called Baseball for Brain Surgeons
    Jose Lima
    Richie Ashburn hitting a woman with a foul ball, then hitting her again as she was being carried off on a stretcher
    Colorado Rockies fans who told me, "We've waited so long for this" when their team made the World Series in their 15th year of existence.
    Randy Johnson's haircut in his early days.
    The Nolan Ryan/Robin Ventura fight
    Torii Hunter throwing a beanball back at the pitcher
    Juan Marichal going berserk and attacking John Roseboro with a baseball bat
    "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Randy Johnson hitting a bird with a pitch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

John Kruk predicting on Baseball Tonight that Randy Johnson would win 30 games in his first season with the Yankees.

Anything Stephen A. Smith says on the subject of baseball, which he knows less than nothing about. (yes, he actually knows a negative amount about baseball).

The 37,346th time a broadcaster talked about what a grtitty, scrappy, table-setting, cute, little white sparkplug David Eckstein is.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

When ballplayers act like little leaguers and dive onto the wet tarps during rain delays.
        "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
        "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Adam Jones' player pic on MLB.com
          Last edited by Erik Bedard; 03-09-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Manny. Nuff said.

Comment

- As a lukewarm Astros fan, watching Dave Smith trying to close games was funny, not to mention irritating and nerve-racking.

- George Steinbrenner, at times.

- Three guys converging around a lazy pop-up just beyond the infield dirt and the ball parachutes down to the spot right in the middle of them. There are any number of possible bloopers, but I have a soft spot for that one. My runner up is the left or right fielder fliping the second out into the stands, allowing the runner on third to walk home.

- Bobby Cox's hour-long walk from the dugout to the mound. No manager seems to take longer.

- Certain batting stances are funny. I can't think of a particular player today, but I know them when I see them. Pete Rose's old supercrouch was a funny stance.

Comment

Number 1 - the ball hit to the outfield bouncing off Jose Canseco's head and going into the stands for a homerun. Awesome!

Second - a high foul popup, Whitey Ford, Yogi Berra, and Bill Skowron surround it. The ball comes down, hits Yogi in the chest protector, bounces toward Skowron, who has the ball hit his glove but bounce off that too and head towards Ford who catches it for an out! I saw that on tv, it was great.
                I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

manny's diving catch of johnny no soul damon's cut-off throw. and some guy on the tigers getting beaned in the you know what ouch!

Comment

The Tampa Bay Dev... ahem... Rays.

Comment

David Aardsma's old player pic on MLB.com

David Aardsma, psychotic.jpg

Also the sprinkler system going off at Shea Stadium during one of Pedro Martinez's 2005 starts. As he was delivering a pitch.
                      Last edited by Dalkowski110; 03-09-2008, 02:23 PM.
                      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Don Zimmer charging Pedro Martinez, and Pedro throwing him to the ground.

The only person in the universe who didn't know to pull Pedro in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS was the Boston manager, Grady Little.

Milton Bradley going berserk and nearly killing umpire Mike Winters

Note: I realize I kind of violated the no quotes rule with the Palmeiro speech, but what I'm really trying to avoid is the Yogi Berra type quotes.
                        "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Comment

Manny's diving cutoff.

Ken Harvey getting hit in the back by a throw from right field from Matt Stairs.

Roger Clemens' "misremember" speech at his hearing.

Comment

Alex Rodriguez attempting to slap the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's hand in game 6 of the 2004 ALCS

- Alvin Dark

Comment

the size of jeter's head

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X