Writers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writers?

How many people in this forum are baseball writers? I was wondering whether you would trade tips and talk about writing?
    MySpace Codes

aspiring writer huh? Me too pal.

Comment

Yep. Check my blog for full details. I am actually a qualified statistician, and coach baseball. I thought it would be fun to write about what my life essentially is. So I am. I have to divide my time though, between travelling for my book, coaching little league and consulting my former collegues in the stats department.
      MySpace Codes

Comment

Here, albeit a student, but here.
        Baseball writer

Comment

Not a baseball writer, but I am a published author (one published, two pending). I do however plan on writing something about Steve Dalkowski before the year is done.
          "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
          -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Ed Hardiman used to post often on the Phillies board a few years back. He hasn't posted here in over 2 years though. I read a blog of his on Foxsports.com a few months ago, but I don't know how often he writes for them.

Comment

Gemma Kaneko, a writer for MLB Cut 4 was a contestant on Jeopardy! Monday, though she is probably not a BBF member.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 02-23-2015, 11:51 PM.
              The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

I'm mainly a music writer, but I have done some baseball writing as well. I've interviewed recently retired Giants coach Tim Flannery a couple of times, as I've mentioned here before.

I could use some tips myself - I wish I could do more! - but the one valuable tip I have to offer is to write constantly - don't necessarily wait for inspiration or a subject that interests you. Don't sell yourself short either - writing is not a particularly valued skill and there are people waiting in line to take advantage of you - but learn how to produce good writing, quickly and on demand. You never know when an opportunity will come up - it's always been unpredictable for me.
                Found in a fortune cookie On Thursday, August 18th, 2005: "Hard words break no bones, Kind words butter no parsnips."

1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Comment

RIP The Sporting News. Such a shame. Formerly one of the top sports publications reduced to complete irrelevance. I can almost shed a tear.

Comment

Burgess' 'Meet the Sportswriters' thread should be merged with this one and moved from the History forum, which is just inundated with endless player comparison threads, to the Between Innings forum.

Comment

Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN
                      http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/09/sp...ting-ways.html

Comment

In reference to this post, im starting an alternative route of writing a book based on UK baseball, and experiences of an American trying to set up a team over in the UK where I live now.
                        MySpace Codes

Comment

Are we familiar with FanDuel's Jessica Kleinschmidt?

9MwgMloh.jpg

Comment

This guy, Twins beat writer Mike Berardino, missed his calling. He should find something else to do with his life.
                            https://twitter.com/MikeBerardino/st...95954094411776
                            Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 08-01-2015, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X