• Best/worst announcer ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrrx5CgdZaA

I'm not sure what to make of this.

John Mayer, funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
      LOL. That's brilliant.

Comment

What an idiot. I gotta email that to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
          What an idiot. I gotta email that to everyone.
          (psst ... it's supposed to be funny)

Comment

Great stuff.......at least he wasn't colorblind!!
            "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Best: Jon Miller
              Worst: Joe Morgan

Wait, this isn't supposed to be a poll? Sorry.
              :radio Please check out my collection of vintage baseball recordings:

http://www.oldtimesports.net/users/AWilliams

Comment

It's like if my girlfriend or my mom where a baseball announcer!
                39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
                  I'm not sure what to make of this.
                  I didn't really find it all that funny.
                  But it did remind me of Ronald Reagan when he was an announcer for the 1989 All Star Game.

Comment

Worst: Ron Fairly and Tim McCarver.
                    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Worst: Joe Morgan hands down.
                      Second: Phil Rizzuto (Yeah, Bill I can remember golfing in Florida with xxxx - while the game was going on).

I can remember when McCarver was a credible announcer for the Mets.

Comment

Originally posted by MSUlaxer27 View Post
                        Second: Phil Rizzuto (Yeah, Bill I can remember golfing in Florida with xxxx - while the game was going on).
                        Ah, the irony !
                        Rizzuto, the most refreshing, joyful announcer New York has ever had, would often ask "what just happened White ?" because he wasn't always following the action.
                        Now we find you criticising him for just that sort of attitude as you provide a list that has nothing to do with the thread. Guess you just weren't paying attention !!!
                        That's rich.

Comment

best: Ernie Harwell
                          worst: Michael Kay
                          BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
                          “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

There are a few good broadcasters (Harwell, Murcer, Scully, Rizzuto, Jon Miller, and the like), but let's get to the worst.

As of tomorrow, Cardinals and Cubs fans, prepare for your worst nightmares tomorrow: Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. (even worse is on Sunday with Joe "Team Basher" Morgan >_<) Anyone watching the game, MUTE it. Or just don't listen to the game, because these two are a disgrace to baseball. I just want everybody who is a Cubs or Cardinals fan to not watch the game on FOX. Why?

McCarver has the uncanny power to make you go insane. Buck will try to hypnotize you with his monotonous speaking. How is that? I'm not bashing them, I had enough of those two tarnishing the broadcasting greats. Joe Morgan just doesn't like St. Louis or Chicago for unknown reasons. (he hates the Mets too, because he lost to them in the 1973 NLCS)

This is exactly why I strongly dislike the terrible tandem of McCarver and Buck. They're extremely miscast as the number one MLB on FOX broadcasters.

Comment

Great piece of satire! It's funny because it's often true among a good chunk of announcers and commentators!
                              Best posts ever:
                              Originally posted by nymdan
                              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X