Anyone played Wii baseball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played Wii baseball?

I just tried one. I hit 94 on the radar but about blew my arm out (what can guys who can actually throw hit on the gun?) I won 2-1 but I should probably retire undefeated Somebody showed me how to get into BP, I hit a five hundred ninety-three feet HR. Talk about steroids :
    Last edited by RuthMayBond; 05-20-2008, 12:51 PM.
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

All you have to do is flick your wrist and you will throw 90+ MPH every time. No need to to blow your arm out.

Comment

Yeah, the physics are just a bit off. I once hit a 630 foot home run out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by gojays View Post
        Yeah, the physics are just a bit off. I once hit a 630 foot home run out of the park.
        They seem fine to me, Mr. Canseco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7bIcyqRqsc
        Last edited by RuthMayBond; 05-20-2008, 01:45 PM.
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

I threw my arm out once. But, I own at it.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
            They seem fine to me, Mr. Canseco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7bIcyqRqsc
            To this day, on nearly every pop-up, I catch myself saying, "Too high... too high..."

hahaha
            Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

The fastest fastball that can be pitched is 95 MPH. The fastest Splitter, curveball, and screwball are 86-87 MPH.

The curveball is more of a slider though. ANd I still don't understand why the screwball was put in the game. It's just a very uncommon pitch. I think the change-up should have replaced it.

But Now I'm getting too analytical. It's still a fun game that lacks concepts because it is an enjoyable little time-occupier.
              "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                I threw my arm out once. But, I own at it.
                I don't know if I own at it, but I won my second game I ever tried, 11-2 (an EIGHT-run third with two oppo HR & a sacks full two-bagger)

Comment

I assume a higher skill number means a better team?

Comment

Psssssst. Hit the 2 button on the bottom. You throw submarine.

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                      Psssssst. Hit the 2 button on the bottom. You throw submarine.
                      Thanks for the tip :bowdown: I think someone keeps messing with the settings, but I mercy-ruled the wii last time I played. I hate it when the wii keeps chopping the ball into the ground in front of home, then the next bounce is over the infielders heads, into the OF :grouchy

Comment

If you like that tip. Put the remote over the sensor and pull it down fast for a faster pitch.

Comment

The first time I tried it, I thought I was doing ok... until my 9-year-old son shut me out and hit a pair of 2-run bombs off me...

Curse this video-game generation...
                          "I can see how he won twenty-five games. What I don't understand is how he lost five." - Yogi Berra on Sandy Koufax's 1963 season.

Comment

Dang, I just gave up, not an upper deck home run, but one completely out of the park :grouchy:dismay::disbelief::choke:h
                            I still won the game

Comment

That previous game was from yesterday. Today I got a mercy-rule shutout

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X