Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ballparks are you hoping to get to this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abolishthedh
    replied
    Here in Missouri, KC and Busch stadiums. Next summer, I'll be travelling East to visit family and I am considering driving in order to see as much as possible and do as much as possible along the way. Saving as much as I can at the present time. Flying no longer seems like a good time (gee, I wonder why.... airlines maybe?)

I'll monitor this thread all summer and maybe it will help to make some plans.

Leave a comment:

• DownUnderDodger
    replied
    I hope, and would like to think I will get to Dodgers Stadium, Angel Stadium & maybe a game in Phoenix.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Got to Marlins Park earlier than expected. Hoping to take my girls there later this year.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Went to the Rays series at fenway with my wife and inlaws (inlaws are Red Sox Fans) great time aside from having our ass's handed to us all but the last game.

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    just stayin' on the west coast this season:

giants - mays field
    opposition of the a's - oakland coliseum
    the hated dodgers - dodger stadium
    padres - petco park
    mariners - safeco field
    los angeles angels of anaheim - angel stadium of anaheim near los angeles but really truly in anaheim, no foolin'

Leave a comment:

• StanTheMan
    replied
    This year?

St. Louis and Cincinnati.

Leave a comment:

• EdTarbusz
    replied
    It's been five years since I've been to a game. I'd like to get to Jacobs Field this summer.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Progressive Field. Check!
    PNC. Check!
    Cellular Field. In about three weeks, thank you megabus.com :hyper:

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    Next year I plan to go to Toronto and Pittsburgh for sure. Don't know which others. I am trying to find ballparks that are easily accessible via rail or subway - my trip to Atlanta/Tampa/Miami will be on an organized tour so I can leave travel to them, but when I go alone, I'd rather not have to rent a car or take the bus.

Leave a comment:

• Cap78
    replied
    "Realistically, I'm going to try to get to Syracuse to check out Bryce Harper and the Chiefs this spring."

I would get there soon, will probably be up with Nationals by June

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Why would anyone want to drive to the Cell anyway? Just take the Red Line. Stops right outside the stadium. You don't need to drive!
    The Red Line can be a little dicey, too. There is a large police presence around US Cellular before and after night games. You shouldn't have any problem, but I would heed TeacherMan's advice. Don't hang around the area after a night game. Once the parking lots clear out and the cops are gone, you don't want to be there.

Also, if you're sitting in traffic on the street outside The Cell waiting to get into the parking lot, don't fall for the old scam and give your $22 or whatever they charge these days to anybody until you are actually in the parking lot. Some of the enterprising local youths will be happy to take your parking fee while you're in the traffic jam on the street, but they are not White Sox employees, and you will be out some money.

As for me, I'm about 250 miles from the nearest MLB parks. Fenway, Yankee Stadium and Citi Field are all about the same distance from where I am, and Toronto is about 300 miles. Realistically, I'm going to try to get to Syracuse to check out Bryce Harper and the Chiefs this spring.
    Last edited by ol' aches and pains; 04-17-2012, 04:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Why would anyone want to drive to the Cell anyway? Just take the Red Line. Stops right outside the stadium. You don't need to drive!
    That is a good way to go especially if everyone is drinking but alot of people like to drive so they can tailgate. I gotta say those tailgate partys are pretty fun.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    Originally posted by TeacherMan View Post
    Been to U.S. Cellular, of course that was back when it was new Comiskey Park (been a while)...word of advice, don't waste time getting to your car if its a night game...not a good area at all
    Did something happen when you went to a night game? I always hear everyone say how bad it is here but I dont see it. I wouldnt go into the bars and start mouthing off but the stadium to the parking lot is safe.

Years ago there was a guy who got beat up by some guy with a table leg but it's pretty rare to see anyone getting attacked. Guarantee you it's safer here than Wrigley Field.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    Originally posted by TeacherMan View Post
    Wow, you get around quite a bit...what job do you have and are they hiring?
    Saved money. Also I plan on making use of Sports Travel & Tours.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X