• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
    Lyrics???

Chelsea Dagger is a good song.
    No it's not. It was annoying before the Blackhawks adopted it and even worse now. It is Gitmo quality.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    Whoah I just looked that song up on YouTube, it's way different than the Chicken Dance or Popcorn! In the beginning of the video, the band even beats up a guy!
    I think that guy was supposed to represent Papelbon after he left the Bosox...it used to be his intro song.
    (jk - the video is from way before Paps leaving, of course)

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    I dont think i've heard "Sweet Caroline" at Whitesox games. I always thought that song was a Boston thing. I was always curious why that song was famous in Boston.
    Well, Neil Diamond said that his inspiration for that song was a photo of Caroline Kennedy when she was about 9...yes, I agree, that's extremely creepy. Supposedly Diamond told her that in person when she was an adult and she was very uncomfortable with the admission.
    Might be best suited to the Cape Cod League, but the Kennedys have plenty of Boston ties, too.
    Last edited by Dude Paskert; 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by vansmack View Post
    Never heard sweet Caroline at an Indians game, was one of the things I was looking forward to 1st time I went to Fenway. Can't remember hearing it at any other ballpark either
    Trust me, other stadiums play it.

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
    ...is there a chance it's the opening to "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys?
    Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    Yes, that's the one.
    Whoah I just looked that song up on YouTube, it's way different than the Chicken Dance or Popcorn! In the beginning of the video, the band even beats up a guy!

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    They all play "Sweet Caroline", don't they?

Bear in mind, we don't know the point of orgin for the song.
    I dont think i've heard "Sweet Caroline" at Whitesox games. I always thought that song was a Boston thing. I was always curious why that song was famous in Boston.

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    Thats the song from the movie "The Departed" I'm surprised they play that any place except Boston.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    I don't know anything about music so have no clue about the time and key, but is there a chance it's the opening to "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys?
    Yes, that's the one.

Leave a comment:

• vansmack
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post

Never heard sweet Caroline at an Indians game, was one of the things I was looking forward to 1st time I went to Fenway. Can't remember hearing it at any other ballpark either

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    What about that song "Tessie" but I cant see any other stadium playing that except for Boston.

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    I don't know anything about music so have no clue about the time and key, but is there a chance it's the opening to "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys?
    It's the only rock tune I can think of with accordions, and we hear it at Fenway all the time (of course).

EDIT - just remembered that the Pogues had an accordion player, but can't imagine what song of theirs you might hear now.

What about that song "Tessie" but I cant see any other stadium playing that except for Boston.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    It's the only rock tune I can think of with accordions, and we hear it at Fenway all the time (of course).

EDIT - just remembered that the Pogues had an accordion player, but can't imagine what song of theirs you might hear now.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    No accordions on Popcorn.

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
    Lyrics???
    The song I'm thinking of, is apparently an instrumental (I've never heard lyrics to it - then again, they don't play the complete song during games anyway).

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X