Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the most annoying pitching delivery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the most annoying pitching delivery?

There could be a current player and retired player choice

Current - Dan Haren

Retired - Fernando Valenzuela comes to mind (never understood him looking up)

Comment

Ryan Dempster no doubt about it! Honorable mention to Bronson Arroyo. If there was a giraffe playing "Pitchers Helper" he'd accidentally mount it every other batter, maybe more.
      "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
        Ryan Dempster no doubt about it! Honorable mention to Bronson Arroyo. If there was a giraffe playing "Pitchers Helper" he'd accidentally mount it every other batter, maybe more.
        Dempster a good pick too...the glove thing is irritating even if it helps him hide his pitches

Comment

No current pitchers' deliveries annoy me. As for retired pitchers, Luis Tiant and especially Al "The Mad Hungarian" Hrabosky come to mind.
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Brian Fuentes currently. Orlando Hernandez retired

Comment

Any pitcher with his hat turned sideways.

Dontrelle Willis, C.C. Sabathia, etc. drive me up a wall with their hat. I just want to straighten in.
              If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie Fox View Post
                Any pitcher with his hat turned sideways.

Dontrelle Willis, C.C. Sabathia, etc. drive me up a wall with their hat. I just want to straighten in.
                Add Felix Hernandez to that list

Comment

Comment

Definitely Al Hrabosky. Most pitchers, I hardly notice, but this guy? What a showboater. And that thing he did, where he'd clap his hands and then spin around, that didn't even have anything to do with his actual pitching! It was just something he did to look 'cool'.
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

I always thought El Duque and Dice-K were annoying. Strangely enough, I always thought Nomo's was totally cool.

Comment

"Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Probably Dempster.
                          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Kerry Wood's glove waggle always bothered me for some reason.

Comment

Plus, I really, really, really hate that stupid stare that Jonathan Papelbon always does right before he pitches. I think it annoys me even more than Hrabosky ever did, actually.
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X