Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statistical Oddities, Abnormalities, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    He must have been juicing in 1984.
    I think he trimmed his 'fro a bit in '84 and could see that ball better.
    He was never close to Oscar Gamble, but I remember him having some pretty good volume on that thing.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    In both the '67 and '68 seasons, Bob Bailey had 322 AB and 73 hits for the Dodgers. His OPS+ was actually a bit over 100 for '68 despite the .227 BA, that being a terrible year for hitters all around.

Leave a comment:

• willshad
    replied
    Did Baseball-reference change their stats? I could swear that a few years ago it said that Murray had FOUR consecutive 156 OPS+ seasons.

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Originally posted by DJC View Post
    That's why they called him Steady Eddie.
    Murray will have to take second place. There was a pitcher in the 1940-50s named Eddie Lopat, known as "steady Eddie".

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    If scoring runs in binary doesn't prove Ichiro is actually a robot, I don't know what would.
    Excellent point, wish I'd thought of it. :applaud:

Leave a comment:

• Nerdlinger
    replied
    Originally posted by ipitch View Post
    Adam Dunn hit 40 HRs 4 years in a row.

Over six years, Ichiro scored 111, 111, 101, 111, 110, and 111 runs. In the year he scored 101, he set a record with 262 hits.
    If scoring runs in binary doesn't prove Ichiro is actually a robot, I don't know what would.

Leave a comment:

• ipitch
    replied
    Adam Dunn hit 40 HRs 4 years in a row.

Over six years, Ichiro scored 111, 111, 101, 111, 110, and 111 runs. In the year he scored 101, he set a record with 262 hits.

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    John Gochnauer had eerily similar back to back seasons(he only played three years,but he only appeared in 3 games his rookie season).Gochnauer batted .185 with 16 doubles,4 triples,and no homers in 1902,in 1903 he again batted .185 with 16 doubles,4 triples,and no homers!As a side note,in 1903 he set the 20th century record of most errors by a fielder in one season with 98.

Leave a comment:

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    He must have been juicing in 1984.

Leave a comment:

• Nerdlinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
    From 1981-1983, Eddie Murray had an OPS+ of 156 every year. In 1984, his OPS+ was 157. Kinda weird.

Anyone else have any observations of strange, abnormal, or coincidental stats?

Leave a comment:

• Tyrus4189Cobb
    started a topic Statistical Oddities, Abnormalities, Etc.

Statistical Oddities, Abnormalities, Etc.

From 1981-1983, Eddie Murray had an OPS+ of 156 every year. In 1984, his OPS+ was 157. Kinda weird.

Anyone else have any observations of strange, abnormal, or coincidental stats?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X