• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jnakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Lasorda View Post
    Probably.

He lives right down the street from me in Studio City, I see him every friday night at the local sushi bar.
    If he is, he's probably only a very casual fan. He Butchered Ethier's name during the lineups.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Clarence Darrow impersonation aside, Roy does have a point, although his rationale is unsubstantiated. So I'll move the Dickey thread. Back on topic, and away we go.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    1922910131_324a4afab5.jpg

mets2.jpg

-

Baseball_graphic.jpg

Leave a comment:

• EdTarbusz
    replied
    Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
    Oh stop whining. This thread is about Star Trek and baseball, not Buster Posey.

Live long and prosper

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112709[/ATTACH]
    Star Trek is interesting. Buster Posey is boring.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Oh stop whining. This thread is about Star Trek and baseball, not Buster Posey.

Live long and prosper

3484225262_186a90c998.jpg

Leave a comment:

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    I guess that did not apply to the RA Dickey thread eh?

Dickey was a nothing player having a few good weeks and had a warm and fuzzy story - oh he's from New York

Posey won Rookie of the year and LED his team to the first franchise world series in 56 years then got injured in a horrible once a decade play and is having a remarkable incredible comeback and just blistering the league

Dickey gets ten times the ink of Posey and it should be the other way around

if ANYONE deserved a thread in CE it was Posey

moving the thread to the Giants topic did not help anyone - we Giant fans are about the only ones who know what he is doing
    Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 08-10-2012, 10:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    this thread has almost NOTHING to do with baseball

24 posts and only one mentions baseball

if it was about Buster Posey it would be moved or cancelled
    Single player threads that are just talking up a player do not belong in CE. That has been stressed many times.

And this is moved, too. This is why we have Between Innings.

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    replied
    Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
    Dang, I want to look like that when I'm 81. He still looks like he's in his early 60s.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112656[/ATTACH]
    It's like Jon Miller traded ages with him.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    Fun fact: In that DS9 episode, the character 'Rom' is the most incompetent player on the team, but the actor who played him (Max Grodenchik) was an excellent baseball player and almost turned pro. He had to go out of his way to play as badly as Rom did.

Also I think we all know that Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) is Kenny's nephew.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
    Buck Bokai. By the time he did it in 2026 baseball was an unpopular niche sport.
    Ahhh...yes.

feb12entrypost.jpg

Leave a comment:

• EdTarbusz
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Yes, that was awesome! When Wayun saw the baseball sitting on Sisko's desk, he asked Gul Dukat what is it? Dukat replied, "It's a message from Sisko. He will be back".
    This is my favorite baseball reference from a movie or TV show.

Leave a comment:

• EdTarbusz
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Yes, that was awesome! When Wayun saw the baseball sitting on Sisko's desk, he asked Gul Dukat what is it? Dukat replied, "It's a message from Sisko. He will be back". What was the name of the ballplayer that surpassed Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak who played for the London Knights?
    Buck Bokai. By the time he did it in 2026 baseball was an unpopular niche sport.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Dang, I want to look like that when I'm 81. He still looks like he's in his early 60s.

article-2183565-146016BE000005DC-780_468x629.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
    Sisko also took Kassidy Yates to see Game Seven of the 1964 World Series in a holosuite. He got a 1951 Bowman Willie Mays from his son. He also used his baseball to send a strong message to Gul Dukat.
    Yes, that was awesome! When Wayun saw the baseball sitting on Sisko's desk, he asked Gul Dukat what is it? Dukat replied, "It's a message from Sisko. He will be back". What was the name of the ballplayer that surpassed Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak who played for the London Knights?

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X