Something is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is missing

Earlier today, I was walking around downtown Manhattan where I came across the Woolworth Building.

It had an awning displaying some New York athletic highlights.

For one, I thought it was nice that they honored the old New York Giants baseball team.

But then you look here and notice something missing.

I don't know about you but aren't they missing a certain championship team between 1985 and 1987?
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/928786156/

I'm not sure how it's organized, but I'm not sure why you would think that dates 1964 1984 1994 would be missing the Mets. There are a LOT of dates missing if you assume the dates are meant to be sequential. Obviously, (to me), it's not meant to do that.

Anyway, the Mets are there!
    "It's better to look good, than be good."

Comment

It also forgot the 1969 Miracle Mets season. I have nothing against the other highlights but that was pretty big moment in New York sports history.

Comment

I wouldn't put any stock into anything the Woolworth Building does... they're not tourist-friendly...

(Photo taken February 9, 2006. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
        X

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
          It also forgot the 1969 Miracle Mets season. I have nothing against the other highlights but that was pretty big moment in New York sports history.
          Either:

1) The dates are RANDOMLY posted. (They don't list them in a perfect sequence. If you take a RANDOM picture of RANDOM dates, then of course, some....most will be missing.)

or

2) 8 million New Yorkers are completely unaware that the Mets won world titles in 69 and 86, the Yanks in 77 and 78, the Knicks in 70, Islanders in 80, 81, 82, 83 and Giants in 87 and 91.
          Last edited by drstrangelove; 09-16-2012, 09:12 PM.
          "It's better to look good, than be good."

Comment

If they're depicting New York athletic highlights from 1949-2012, as the sign indicates, shouldn't the Brooklyn Dodgers be represented? I saw the New York Giants were up there, were the Dodgers there, too?
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
              If they're depicting New York athletic highlights from 1949-2012, as the sign indicates, shouldn't the Brooklyn Dodgers be represented? I saw the New York Giants were up there, were the Dodgers there, too?
              No, I don't recall seeing the Dodgers mentioned.

Comment

looks to me like dates had to end in a 4
                1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                  I think he might have it...
                  "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                    The first star is 1949, and the one by Torre is 1996 (I think).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X