Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TINKERS to EVERS to Your CHANCE Now...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TINKERS to EVERS to Your CHANCE Now...

    ...And speaking of famous DP combos, if you're a Sinatra/Kelly movie fan, you might even recall "O'Brien to Ryan to Goldberg."

    But for now, try this absolutely worthless, nonsensical Between the Innings whimsy:

    Using ANY modern-era combo of 3B or SS + 2B + 1B players, create a clever DP 3-some.

    For example, here are two winning combos:

    (Ernie) Banks to (Don) Money to (Norm) Cash

    or

    (Boob) Fowler to (Vic) Power to (Joe) Mauer


    Now, your turn. Try it. Rollins to Collins to ____??_____, etc.....
    Last edited by Marc Wallace; 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Marc Wallace View Post
    Now, your turn. Try it. Rollins to Collins to ____??_____, etc.....
    Maybe Hollins? Dave Hollins played a little first base.
    Baseball Junk Drawer

    Comment


    • #3
      Ground ball to Craig Wilson at 3rd base, he steps on the base and flips it over to Craig Wilson at 2nd, and on to Craig Wilson at 1st for a triple play!!!
      http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ilsocr01.shtml
      http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ilsocr02.shtml
      http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ilsocr03.shtml

      Comment


      • #4
        How about this one?

        (Clyde) Beck to (Tom) Herr to (Kent) Hrbek.
        Baseball Junk Drawer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Marc Wallace View Post

          (Boob) Fowler to (Vic) Power to (Joe) Mauer
          This reminds me of a game I saw once. Back around 2000, I made a pitstop at a bar one Saturday while apartment hunting. The game on TV was between the Mets and the Reds. The Mets were up to bat and on the field at the same time were Gookie Dawkins (SS), Pokey Reese (2B), Cookie Rojas & Mookie Wilson who were the 1st & 3B coaches.
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
            How about this one?

            (Clyde) Beck to (Tom) Herr to (Kent) Hrbek.
            Very cool, ian283. Thanks! And how about:

            Lou (Boudreau) to (Ron) Carew to Klu (=Big Ted K, of course)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
              Maybe Hollins? Dave Hollins played a little first base.
              That works, too, ian. You're in there safely.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                Ground ball to Craig Wilson at 3rd base, he steps on the base and flips it over to Craig Wilson at 2nd, and on to Craig Wilson at 1st for a triple play!!!
                http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ilsocr01.shtml
                http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ilsocr02.shtml
                http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ilsocr03.shtml

                Stunning!! Who knew!? THREE (3) guys named Craig Wilson ...!! Count this as a triple play, almost unassisted.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Marc Wallace View Post
                  Stunning!! Who knew!? THREE (3) guys named Craig Wilson ...!! Count this as a triple play, almost unassisted.
                  There's a lot of Smiths with the same first name, but I had no luck finding the right positions. That's what I tried first. I almost gave up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here's another:

                    Kevin (Stocker) to (Barry) Evans to (Phil) Nevin.
                    Baseball Junk Drawer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      On a related topic, this thread reminds me of the time the 1998 Reds had an outfield consisting of (Dmitri) Young, (Mike) Frank and (Chris) Stynes.
                      Baseball Junk Drawer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How about one with a patriotic theme?

                        Red (Kress) to (Frank) White to (Lu) Blue.
                        Baseball Junk Drawer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                          There's a lot of Smiths with the same first name, but I had no luck finding the right positions. That's what I tried first. I almost gave up.

                          I know. It's a little too challenging for most folks to bother with. And you know most baseball fans. Their trouble is they'd rather go to or watch games on TV than just jabber about or deconstruct them!
                          Last edited by Marc Wallace; 09-30-2012, 11:23 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                            On a related topic, this thread reminds me of the time the 1998 Reds had an outfield consisting of (Dmitri) Young, (Mike) Frank and (Chris) Stynes.
                            Fantastic! And now you're addicted.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                              How about one with a patriotic theme?

                              Red (Kress) to (Frank) White to (Lu) Blue.
                              Gets my vote! Keep 'em comin'...

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X