Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    Is this a show of some kind?
    They used to show clips from the fan cave on This Week In Baseball but since the latter no longer exists, I don't know what they do with it now.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Off the Bat From the MLB Fan Cave
      The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

MLB is closing the Fan Cave and they will find another use for the Manhattan space.
        http://www.365rundown.com/mlb-closin...ve-four-years/
        Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 02-09-2015, 06:45 PM.
        The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

I don't think this thread has really answered the question of what the Fan Cave is, or rather, was supposed to be.

According to the article liked to by Phantom Dreamer:

MLB’s the ‘Fan Cave’ opened in 2011 in New York City, which housed baseball fans, or “cave dwellers” as they’d come to be known, who were tasked to watch every baseball game throughout the season and record their experiences which would then be shared on social media.

Never gave it any thought, but it's interesting to know that - again, according to the article - MLB owns the space and they plan to "turn it into a new facility," whatever that means.
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X