• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
    To
    giambi Juice and Capt. cold Nose:

So, I threw in a few "pretty good " starting and relieving pitchers whose pitching stats roughly put them at the same level and gives them the same stature as the 8 pretty good position players defenders and pretty good
    DHs. Where's the harm in that?
    No harm. It just moves a little bit away from the OP. Nothing wrong with coloring slightly outside the lines, though.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    To

So, I threw in a few "pretty good " starting and relieving pitchers whose pitching stats roughly put them at the same level and gives them the same stature as the 8 pretty good position players defenders and pretty good
    No harm at all. it was just confusing.

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    replied
    To

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Yes, Livan Hernandez the pitcher who retired after the 2012 season. His lifetime record of 178-177, with 1,976 strikeouts, two World Series appearences (1 win, 1 loss), two all-star game selections, and a reputation as an "innings eater" in a baseball era WHERE starting PITCHERS ARE EXPECTED to pitch LESS AND LESS innings makes him "pretty good" in my book.
    I got confused because I was looking for 8 position players and one DH. Every pitcher in baseball history fits the criteria of BA under .300, less than 200 HR, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Yes, Livan Hernandez the pitcher who retired after the 2012 season. His lifetime record of 178-177, with 1,976 strikeouts, two World Series appearences (1 win, 1 loss), two all-star game selections, and a reputation as an "innings eater" in a baseball era WHERE starting PITCHERS ARE EXPECTED to pitch LESS AND LESS innings makes him "pretty good" in my book.
    He defintiely fits the criteria in the first post.

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Livan Hernandez? The pitcher?

Leave a comment:

• 1905 Giants
    replied
    C-Johnny Kling
    1B-Ferris Fain
    2B-Jim Delahanty
    3B-Al Rosen
    SS- Carlos Guillen
    LF- Charley Jones
    CF- Curt Flood
    RF- Frank "Wildfire" Schulte
    DH- Hideki Matsui

Leave a comment:

• Herr28
    replied
    Originally posted by 1905 Giants View Post
    Are they allowed to have played in the 19th Century?
    I don't think it matters as long as they fit the criteria in the OP: retired, career batting average below .300, fewer than 200 home runs, and under 1000 in both runs and RBIs. Heck, looks like you could list yourself as long as you are retired from playing ball! Just guessing that your MLB numbers are below the other set criteria, I know mine sure are!

Leave a comment:

• Herr28
    replied
    Originally posted by pheasant View Post
    I went with players not yet selected in this thread:

C Brian Harper
    1b Doug Mientkiewicz
    2b Bucky Harris
    3b Corey Koskie
    SS Cristian Guzman
    RF Tony Conigliaro
    CF Larry Hisle
    LF Marty Cordova
    DH Roy Smalley
    There is something about this list, something that unites all these names, but I just can't think of what it is. Hmmmmmm...

Leave a comment:

• pheasant
    replied
    I went with players not yet selected in this thread:

C Brian Harper
    1b Doug Mientkiewicz
    2b Bucky Harris
    3b Corey Koskie
    SS Cristian Guzman
    RF Tony Conigliaro
    CF Larry Hisle
    LF Marty Cordova
    DH Roy Smalley

Leave a comment:

• 1905 Giants
    replied
    Are they allowed to have played in the 19th Century?

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Some other options: BJ Surhoff, Steve Finley, Chuck Finley, Dixie Walker, Curt Simmons, Bob Friend, Doyle Alexander, Lew Burdette, Johnny Callison, Camilo Pascual, Livan Hernandez, Claude Osteen, Harland Clift, Pinky Higgins, Bucky Walters, Milt Pappas, Felipe Alou, Matty Alou, Ozzie Guillen, Dave Bancroft, Bill Virdon, Jim Gentile, Johnny Romano, "Moose"Skowron, Dick Radatz, John Wyatt, Larry French, Roy Face, Brooks Lawrence, Hersh Freeman, Luke Easter, Dale Mitchell, Sherm Lollar, Vic Power, Mel Parnell, Harry Dorish, and the just-retired Lance Berkman.
    Livan Hernandez? The pitcher?

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    replied
    Some other options: BJ Surhoff, Steve Finley, Chuck Finley, Dixie Walker, Curt Simmons, Bob Friend, Doyle Alexander, Lew Burdette, Johnny Callison, Camilo Pascual, Livan Hernandez, Claude Osteen, Harland Clift, Pinky Higgins, Bucky Walters, Milt Pappas, Felipe Alou, Matty Alou, Ozzie Guillen, Dave Bancroft, Bill Virdon, Jim Gentile, Johnny Romano, "Moose"Skowron, Dick Radatz, John Wyatt, Larry French, Roy Face, Brooks Lawrence, Hersh Freeman, Luke Easter, Dale Mitchell, Sherm Lollar, Vic Power, Mel Parnell, Harry Dorish, and the just-retired Lance Berkman.

Leave a comment:

• Brettxe
    replied
    c- Wally Schang
    1b- Ferris Fain
    2b- Tony Lazzeri
    ss- Eddie Joost
    3b- Bob Watson
    rf- Joe Cunningham
    cf- Pepper Martin
    lf- Gene Woodling
    DH- Max Bishop

this team would set the record for LOBs....

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    At this point I might put Hideki Matsui at DH.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X