is baseball your favorite sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
    Yea I agree with Muncus Agruncus too. Too much hype.
    I put on NFL Network tonight for the first time since January. I turned to it during the first of a three hour show on the release of the schedule. After only a few minutes I went to MLBN. I later clicked back on NFLN and saw two guys going over the Patriots schedule. They predicted wins and losses and had the Patriots going 13-3. I shook my head at the whole thing.

Comment

Baseball and it's not even close!
      RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

?
        Yip!
        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

Football - First love at six...quickly became an obsession. Born in Canton, OH...grew up 15 miles away. Been to the Hall 13 times. Subscribed to Football Digest at Seven. Saturday mornings as a 9, 10 year old were Fraggle Rock and Inside the NFL. Obsession until early 40s, now just a love again. I take off vacation days during the Playoffs because I can't stand to miss a down.

Track and Field - Rarity/scarcity helps drive the love. The 1984 Olympics sealed the deal. King Carl, Evelyn Ashford, etc... Will schedule days off around major events as well. I love speed and fitness. Love speed! Trained daughter in the 400 to 2nd fastest in school history and 4th fastest in City history (at least since 2007 records were kept)

Baseball - 2nd love, but third now. Bronze is nothing to be ashamed of. Much more enjoyable, richer, deeper historical and statistical profile. Best movies. Better debates because it's harder to prove....more nuance.
          Last edited by scottmitchell74; 09-17-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I prefer baseball, softball, and college basketball.

Comment

soccer guy but love summer baseball

Comment

Baseball is all that matters. On Super Bowl Sunday, you'll find this guy reading a book with the game on...but the sound turned off.

Baseball rules and every other sport is an excuse to sell beer. Baseball has a team named the Brewers....and football is still an excuse to sell beer.

Comment

I can still remember my dad and I watching the N.F.L. and the Jets were playing and Joe Namath was the quarter back. Football has always been my first love, with baseball a close second.

However, though I still love the SPORT of football - the blocking, tackling, strategy, passing, running ,etc., I have become increasingly disillusioned with the N.F.L. itself. It all started when the N.F.L. deliberately and with malice aforethought threw Super Bowl XL to the Steelers over the Seahawks. It was so far beyond belief that the N.F.L. would actually, openly, shamelessly do that that it blew my mind. That really shook me to see that happen right before my eyes. I still have it on videotape! I remember it like it was yesterday!

I am also sick and tired of the rules that increasingly make it easier for Q.B.s and W.R.s and handcuff the defense in order to light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine. It's all about the $$$$. The "high-powered offense" they can show off, the higher the ratings. You can't even touch the Q.B. anymore. Football is almost not even football anymore. It's like a patty-cake version of "Pro Bowl" style of so-called "football." A good game used to be 14 to 3.

Also, I am completely disgusted by the anti-Americanism, anti-police, and kneeling, and all of the b.s. p.c. messaging on the fields and uniforms completely and totally baseless b.s. I stopped paying for anything N.F.L. related after all of that b.s. started. Haven't been to a game, don't wear the jerseys, don't buy any merch of any kind at all. Probably never will again because of that. So long, N.F.L. I also hate the way the N.F.L. and all of the broadcasting and shows around it are so ghetto nowadays, and only getting worse. It is pretty much as bad as the N.B.A. anymore.

I still watch the Seahawks when the game is on, and want them to win every time. But for me it's so long, N.F.L. You ain't what you used to be,
                  Last edited by Seattle1; 09-21-2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

One and only warning: stick to discussing baseball only if you want to participate.
                    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Baseball, forever and always.

You can be disgusted by the professional leagues, but the game itself is a treasure.

Nothing like playing catch or picking up a bat.
                      Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
                      http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

Comment

Originally posted by Jar of Flies View Post
                        Baseball, forever and always.

You can be disgusted by the professional leagues, but the game itself is a treasure.

Nothing like playing catch or picking up a bat.
                        You have a point of sorts:

My favorite to watch is football.

But I don't play football any more. I'm 48 and I'll still go to the park and play solo HR Derby or do so with a friend. We play catch all the time at the station. We play wiffle-ball. I'm not going to play tackle football at my age, or even backyard touch: that's how I tore my ACL at 40 like a dummy!

I'm not part of any kind of football forum. As much as I love football and believe there's a rich history and stat field to mine, it's not remotely as deep and rich a vein as baseball provides.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

You have a point of sorts:

My favorite to watch is football.

But I don't play football any more. I'm 48 and I'll still go to the park and play solo HR Derby or do so with a friend. We play catch all the time at the station. We play wiffle-ball. I'm not going to play tackle football at my age, or even backyard touch: that's how I tore my ACL at 40 like a dummy!

I'm not part of any kind of football forum. As much as I love football and believe there's a rich history and stat field to mine, it's not remotely as deep and rich a vein as baseball provides.
                          Salient points...and hope that ACL doesn't give you anymore trouble.

Football is a great game, I loved playing in my youth, but it was never quite baseball.
                          Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
                          http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X