Longest ball ever hit and witnessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elmer View Post
    Many old home runs have now been set right when data is known.
    For sure, it you have time and distance, that's all the information to calculate the true distance.

Comment

• And then, when we're talking about how far the ball went when hit, there's another factor to take into account... the fact that when coming back to earth, it'll rebound and roll a bit before stopping. Sounds dumb, but it could easily add a good 15-20 ft to the actual "flight" distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go get em Tigers View Post
        The longest ball I've ever seen hit

The longest ball I've ever seen hit was by Mark McGwire during batting practice at the new Tiger stadium a few years back. He crushed it. The ball cleared the centerfield wall (420 feet) sailed past the center fountain area, past the statues near the fence in left centerfield, and bounced down the ramp, coming just short of clearing the outer fence. Must have been about 500 feet.
        Here you go, McGwire could hit them clear out of site..
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ViggenAJ37 View Post
          And then, when we're talking about how far the ball went when hit, there's another factor to take into account... the fact that when coming back to earth, it'll rebound and roll a bit before stopping. Sounds dumb, but it could easily add a good 15-20 ft to the actual "flight" distance.
          How far the ball roll's and bounces' , how could that possible add any distance to the flight of the ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by serumgard View Post
            That's almost got to be a myth - that would be a 472 foot opposite field home run.

If we're counting the home run derby, I saw Bobby Abreu hit a 519-footer in Comerica Park last year. He hit that someplace I never thought I'd see one hit.
            Dave Winfield hit one 509 ft opposite field.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by serumgard View Post
                That's almost got to be a myth - that would be a 472 foot opposite field home run.

If we're counting the home run derby, I saw Bobby Abreu hit a 519-footer in Comerica Park last year. He hit that someplace I never thought I'd see one hit.

Possible the longest opposite field home run ever.

Comment

• https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2016...-field-history

At Wrigley, Hack Wilson once hit the Scoreboard near the LF bleacher. Ron Santo put one in the upper CF bleachers
                  Last edited by elmer; 11-19-2020, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X