Player talents elsewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EmergencyCatcher View Post
    Yeah, he was also with my Browns for two years as an alleged "quarterback," in that he was only playing because there really was no other option. If he thought that football was a better option, it just makes one wonder how bad a baseball player he must have been.
    Really? Evidently some folks at a much higher level of talent evaluation than either of us thougth enough of him.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Not to sound unfeeling, but Richie Hebner.
      I knew Casey before and after he was a genius.-Warren Spahn, who was rejected by Stengel early in his career when Casey managed the Braves, then played for Casey with the Mets.
      Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
        Not to sound unfeeling, but Richie Hebner.
        What's unfeeling about being a scholastic all-american in hockey?

73-2Bk.jpg
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
          What's unfeeling about being a scholastic all-american in hockey?

[ATTACH]143706[/ATTACH]
          I'm more impressed that you were able to remember, find, scan and post a 30+ year old Richie Hebner Topps card in what looks to be near mint condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
            Really? Evidently some folks at a much higher level of talent evaluation than either of us thougth enough of him.
            I often doubt whether the Browns are that much better at talent evaluation than a ham sandwich, not to mention any better than any of us. Anyways, I'm getting way off topic here.
            "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Good traders: bravesautographs, kearns643

Check out my autograph blog!

Comment

Several ballplayers were gamblers...

...I mean legally. Hornsby's was horses.
              “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"I don't care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a ******* zebra. I'm the manager of this team and I say he [Robinson] plays." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Joe Abreu, who had a cup of coffee with the Cincinnati Reds in 1942, was a talented magician. He knew over 400 card tricks and was a member of the National Society of Magicians.
                "You can't hit what you can't see" - Walter "Big Train" Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamC View Post
                  Joe Abreu, who had a cup of coffee with the Cincinnati Reds in 1942, was a talented magician. He knew over 400 card tricks and was a member of the National Society of Magicians.
                  That's a new one to me.
                  Last edited by 1905 Giants; 11-30-2014, 08:25 PM.
                  “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"I don't care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a ******* zebra. I'm the manager of this team and I say he [Robinson] plays." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Mike Mussina was offered a football scholarship at Penn State.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamC View Post
                      "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my bat."
                      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• Gerrit Cole is a surfer.

McCutchen is a bowler

Matt Holliday coaches his son's Little League team.

Comment

• Clayton Kershaw wrote a book.

Comment

• Elston Howard created the first doughnut weight for bats.Before that players would swing multiple bats before going up to the plate.Ty Cobb is often credited to be the first player to swing multiple bats to warm up.

Comment

• Top prospect and son of former big leaguer dante bichette playing tennis. Looks pretty good. Video is saying he is playing with his dad but he isn't shown in the video.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...22486169878531
                              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyK View Post

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of my bat."
                                That trick never works!
                                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X