Question: most disappointing player ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsuriyop View Post
    Matt Bush, the Padres' former #1 draft pick (1st overall) from 2004. Couldn't even make the majors. Instead landed in jail.
    I seem to recall this. The Rays eventually signed him. He had a bunch of DUI's. Something like that.
    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

The 5 tool can't miss prospect who was drafted numero uno in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
        Dalkowski was never destined to be a major league pitcher. He had a recorded IQ of about 60. In Bill James' Manager's book he talks about Dalkowski in the Earl Weaver section. Weaver gave him an IQ test and he immediately knew the problem. All the constant "coaching" by managers ans coaches just confused Dalkowski. So Weaver simplified his approach and told Dalkowski to just throw his fastball and curveball and nothing else. And he told him to THROW STRIKES over and over and over. His improvement was remarkable. He had some great seasons under Weaver.

I doubt he could actually throw 120 MPH, but for sure over a 100 MPH.
        If I remember right after his time with Weaver the next spring he tore up his arm.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X