Are you interested in the WBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you interested in the WBC?

Since I have noticed some negative thoughts about the WBC among US members and a lot of positive thoughts among non US members, I was wondering how you all feel about the upcoming WBC.
    Yes I am.
    79.76%
    No, I don't give a .... about it.
    20.24%

no interest at all and wish they wouldnt do it

Comment

im very interested in it, want to see how it all plays out

Comment

My family will be watching every game:gt
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

I love the idea.. and have been wanting to see it happen for years... the only thing that I do not like is when they are holding it. I would rather see them play it at the end of the season as opposed to before the season.

Comment

I am extremely excited about it.

As for television coverage, do any US stations have rights to it yet?
            AL East Champions: 1981 1982
            AL Pennant: 1982
            NL Central Champions: 2011
            NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

It doesn't interest me at all.

Comment

Heck yes I want to see it! I'm going to Arizona for some games!
                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

oh yeah, is Cuba in or out?

I'm extremely excited about the WBC. Almost everyday I see what players in the MLB are going to be playing for their ethnic countries.

I hope the U.S. wins. The Dominican Republic and Japan are going to be tough. Certain teams like Korea should be push-overs. Does anyone know if Castro has agreed to send a team? Wouldn't that be a great final?

Cuba vs. U.S.
                  “I see great things in baseball.”
                  Walt Whitman

Comment

I can't wait to see it.
                    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I'm not overly excited about the format, but it's baseball, so I'll watch.
                      I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

yes, I am!

I am going to Puerto Rico to see the games...so can't wait for it

Comment

I still can't wait to watch the WBC. I'm gonna tape almost all the games. It's gonna great.
                          "The AL Team representing Orange County" - Joe Buck "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim near the Arrowhead Pond, south of Santa Barbera" - Dan Patrick "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of USA...near San Juan Capistrano" - Peter Gammons...Chris Berman

Comment

I think it's a great idea although I'm not to excited about the one game elimination. I'm going to watch it because it's baseball but with a one game elimination you can almost bet the two best teams won't make it to the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Greerman29
                              I think it's a great idea although I'm not to excited about the one game elimination. I'm going to watch it because it's baseball but with a one game elimination you can almost bet the two best teams won't make it to the final.
                              One game eliminatons are very common in international tournaments, no matter which sport.

World cup baseball uses it as well. Did Cuba ever not reach the final?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X