No announcement yet.

Can you be a Mets' and Yankee's Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the Yankees. I pull for the Mets every year to win the NL East. The Mets aren't "my team" but I'm a fan and I like any sports team more than the yankees.

Comment

Yankees forever but the Mets have an interesting, exciting team right now and I'll be watching. Plus with Willie Randolph managing it's hard not to care a bit and wish them well for his sake.
      Yankee Tunnel Vision!

Comment

Mets had an "interesting, exciting team" before last season too. And look what happened to them. There still in that same hole in 4th or 5th place. Honestly I dont trust delgado and beltran was a mistake. The Mets should have gone after starting pitcher. Because glavine is getting old and Benson and Trachsel aren't reliable enough. Besides Pedro they really dont have another good starter. And look at all the prospects they traded away to get these guys???

So in essence the Mets traded potentially good prospects for high priced "big names" and your claiming the Yankees are the only ones who do that???

Oh and by the way, if the Yankees get rid of all their prospects for free agnets then how come they used guys like cano, wang, chacon and small frequently this season???
        Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

And lets not forget that skeleton they signed for 2 years.

This is Julio Franco getting at bat:

"Ok, I'm walking to the plate now. Walking to the plate now..."

...5 hours later...

"Walking to the plate now. Almost there. Ow!!!! I broke a hip!!!!"
          Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Legend
            Though i do think that you have to be a fan of one, i know that my best friend is both a yankee and a met fan.

Now someone who is both a yankee and a red sox fan thats absurd.
            Agree with you on the yanks/Sox thing there.

I myself am a DIE-HARD Yankee fan, but I have no problem sitting down watching a Mets game and rooting for the Mets as well. ONly time i'm not rooting for the Mets is Subway Series, whether it be regular season or World Series. The way I see it, im too proud of where I come from to hate a team that bears the name "New York", so my answer is yes.
            "Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, not illumination."
            -Vin Scully

Comment

Originally posted by Toy Boat
              Sorry, your editor was right. It is blasphemy. I never got the concept of rooting for two teams anyway. It's kinda akin to going out with two girls at once. Yeah, it might be a little fun at first but you'll never have as good a relationship as if you stick with just one. And rooting for both the Mets and Yanks is like dating two girls who are neighbors and want to claw each other's eyes out every time they see each other.
              Reminds me of this one time... nah just kidding

I am not the biggest fans of either team, but as I love baseball, I have even learned to have an appreciation for all team - even the Yankee's. Of course, I am several thousand miles away from there, so I don't deal with people who may wish for me to receive bodily harm for doing so. Oh and I like the Red Sox as well.

Of course, that is different than being a die-hard for both teams - in that case, those people are crazy - I am just a far-off admirer of ALL teams, and a die-hard Mariner's team.

You can like all the teams out there, but you do have to have a favorite!

Comment

I would never describe myself as a Mets fan, but I can say that I've known several Mets fans who were far more than the "root against the Yanks every October" type. Some do know the history of their team, are aware of several Dodgers and Giants players of yore (as in pre-1958), so for those, I will always have a strong degree of respect.

I could never find myself wearing a Yankee cap and a Mets jacket, since everyone I know of in the NY/NJ area would ask, "Well, which one are you?" So I'll take the team of Yogi, Munson and Reggie over that of Seaver, Agee and Carter.

I think it's OK for me to wish that the Mets do well every year. Now that Omar Minaya's going for broke with all the free agents, all while tearing up top billing in the back pages (sports headlines on the back of the NY Daily News & NY Post), it could be interesting.

It'll give Mets fans more reason to cheer if they do well, but I'll still favor my Yanks first and foremost. I'll just keep a pleasant eye on the cross-town rivals.

One more thing: as to the poll question, it's Mets "blue & orange", not just "blue". You see, they got the Blue from the Brooklyn Dodgers' royal blue and gray, and the orange from the NY Giants' "orange and black".
                Last edited by Mattingly; 12-13-2005, 02:25 AM.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Well im an orioles & Baysox fan.Does that count? I can never root for the nats.I bleed baltimore orange,Black and purple n black

Comment

Originally posted by KingJ
                    Any Yankees and Red Sox dual fanships out there?
                    Would a Red Sox and Mets fan suffice? There's three in my family
                    Best posts ever:
                    Originally posted by nymdan
                    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Simple. You can't be a Mets and Yankees fan. You can't be a Giants and A's fan. You can't be an Angels and Dodgers fan. You can appreciate the other maybe, but not be a fan of both.

Comment

Can you be a Sox and a cubs fan?

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
                          Can you be a Sox and a cubs fan?
                          not in my opinion you cant.

i have a better shot of being the president of the US than of liking the sox. while i may like certain individual players on the sox (rarely) the team as a whole no way.

Comment

No man can fully serve two teams, for he will love one and despise the other.

I'm a fan of the game first, and a LA Dodger fan second. The rest are just teams I occasionally observe.
                            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Well i never heard sox and cubs fans ever fight in wrigley field or in comiskey park in interleague game.And Yanks and Mets fans seem to get along fine in both parks and in oakland and in san fran for that matter.The only time youll see bloody fights is when red sox and yanks fans visit each other parks.The samething goes on in dodger stadium when giants fans go there.Orioles fans do fight only when yanks fans come to baltimore.Thats when youll see 1,000 baltimore city police officers in camden yards everytime the yanks come in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                                I would never describe myself as a Mets fan, but I can say that I've known several Mets fans who were far more than the "root against the Yanks every October" type. Some do know the history of their team, are aware of several Dodgers and Giants players of yore (as in pre-1958), so for those, I will always have a strong degree of respect.

I could never find myself wearing a Yankee cap and a Mets jacket, since everyone I know of in the NY/NJ area would ask, "Well, which one are you?" So I'll take the team of Yogi, Munson and Reggie over that of Seaver, Agee and Carter.

I think it's OK for me to wish that the Mets do well every year. Now that Omar Minaya's going for broke with all the free agents, all while tearing up top billing in the back pages (sports headlines on the back of the NY Daily News & NY Post), it could be interesting.

It'll give Mets fans more reason to cheer if they do well, but I'll still favor my Yanks first and foremost. I'll just keep a pleasant eye on the cross-town rivals.

One more thing: as to the poll question, it's Mets "blue & orange", not just "blue". You see, they got the Blue from the Brooklyn Dodgers' royal blue and gray, and the orange from the NY Giants' "orange and black".
                                Good Post, I would have to say im very much like that. Wouldnt catch me wearing a Yankee hat and a Mets jacket or something, but I still root for both teams, but mainly the Yanks.
                                "Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, not illumination."
                                -Vin Scully

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X