Comment

NL East
      1 Braves
      2 Mets (WC)
      3 Phillies
      4 Nationals
      and in 10th place out of the 5 teams: Marlins

NL Central
      1 Brewers (going way out on a limb here)
      2 Cardinals
      3 Astros
      4 Pirates
      5 Cubs
      6 Reds

NL West
      1 Giants
      2 Padres
      3 Dodgers
      4 D'Backs
      5 Rockies

AL East
      1 Yankees
      2 Blue Jays (WC)
      3 Red Sox
      4 Orioles
      5 D'Rays

AL Central
      1 Indians
      2 White Sox
      3 Twins
      4 Tigers
      5 Royals

AL West
      1 A's
      2 Angels
      3 Mariners
      4 Rangers

Divison Series
      NL
      Brewers over Braves 3-2 (Braves lose it at home...)
      Giants over Mets 3-1
      AL
      Indians over Blue Jays 3-0
      Yankees over A's 3-2 (...and so do the A's. Again)

LCS
      NL
      Giants over Brewers 4-2 (THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!!!)
      AL
      Indians over Yankees 4-1 (NY just can't win when it really matters)

WS
      Giants over Indians 4-0, just like the last time Da Jints took it all!
      sigpic

Comment

AL East:

1. Boston
        2. NY Yankees
        3. Toronto
        4. Baltimore
        5. Tampa Bay

AL Central:

1. Chicago
        2. Cleveland (wildcard)
        3. Minnesota
        4. Detroit
        5. Kansas City

AL West:

1. Anaheim
        2. Texas
        3. Oakland
        4. Seattle

NL East:

1. Atlanta
        2. NY Mets (wildcard)
        3. Philadelphia
        4. Washington
        5. Florida

NL Central:

1. St. Louis
        2. Chicago
        3. Milwaukee
        4. Houston
        5. Pittsburgh
        6. Cincinnati

NL West:

1. San Diego
        2. San Francisco
        3. Los Angeles
        4. Arizona
        5. Colorado

ALDS:
        Cleveland over Anaheim
        Chicago over Boston

NLDS:

NY Mets over St. Louis
        San Diego over Atlanta

ALCS:

Cleveland over Chicago

NLCS:

NY Mets over San Diego

World Series:

NY Mets over Cleveland
        EAMUS CATULI!
        AC036198

Comment

AL East:
          NY Yankees
          Toronto
          Boston
          Baltimore
          Tampa Bay

AL Central:
          Chi Whit Sox
          Cleveland (Wildcard)
          Detroit
          Minnesota
          Kansas City

AL West:
          LA Angels
          Oakland
          Texas
          Seattle

NL East:
          NY Mets
          Atlanta (Wildcard)
          Philadelphia
          Washington
          Florida

NL Central:
          St. Louis
          Chi Cubs
          Houston
          Milwaukee
          Pittsburgh
          Cincinnati

NL West:
          LA Dodgers
          Arizona
          San Francisco
          San Diego
          Colorado

ALDS:
          Indians over Angels in 5
          Yankees over White Sox in 5

NLDS:
          Cardinals over Braves in 4
          Mets over Dodgers in 5

ALCS:
          Yankees over Indians in 6

NLCS:
          Mets over Cardinals in 7

World Series: Subway Series 2006!!!!
          Yankees over Mets in 7
          Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

[QUOTE=Cubsfan97]

And I believe the Astros wont be able to recover from last years Sweep. QUOTE]

What the heck does that mean? Are they gonna have a hangover still or what. Are they just totally emotionally distraught? Come on you have to come up with something better than that. At this point and I think he will be back, they have to replace the rocket's 13 wins. At least have an arguement. The cubs pitching is still a joke. but i think their offense will improve.

Comment

Originally posted by holyroman
              The cubs pitching is still a joke. but i think their offense will improve.
              Not only is the statement "The Cubs' pitching is a joke" spectacularly wrong, but their offense is not going to be the strong point of the team. The season will hinge on Wood, Prior, Zambrano, and Dempster - none of which qualify as "a joke".
              EAMUS CATULI!
              AC036198

Comment

The season will hinge on Wood, Prior, Zambrano, and Dempster - none of which qualify as "a joke".
                I'm sure there's a joke about Dusty Baker overusing pitchers in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ndistops
                  Not only is the statement "The Cubs' pitching is a joke" spectacularly wrong, but their offense is not going to be the strong point of the team. The season will hinge on Wood, Prior, Zambrano, and Dempster - none of which qualify as "a joke".
                  OK maybe joke was a little harsh. I like Zambrano thats your ace there. prior and wood's arms will fall off half way through the season though. and i wasn't thinking of the bullpen but if you can get it to dempster he's pretty good. I won't talk about the rest of the rotation cause the astros have there own problem's at the moment.

What I said was I think the cub's offense will improve. they should be better at getting on base and have more speed. thats what i was thinking.

I think the central will be a good battle between houston st.louis and the cubs this year. I don't see the cards are winning 100 games again this year with what they have lost. May the best win, It should be fun, I can't wait for the games

Comment

AL East
                    NY Yankees
                    Toronto
                    Tampa Bay
                    Boston
                    Baltimore

AL Central
                    Cleveland
                    Chicago WS ( Another WS Champion who fails to make the playoffs the year after)
                    Detriot
                    Minnesota
                    Kansas City

AL West
                    Angels
                    Oakland (WC)
                    Texas
                    Seattle

NL East
                    Atlanta
                    NY Mets (WC)
                    Washington
                    Philly
                    Flordia

NL Central
                    St. Louis
                    Milwaukee
                    Houston
                    Chicago Cubs
                    Cincinatti
                    Pittsburgh

NL West
                    Dodgers
                    Giants
                    Padres
                    Arizona
                    Colorado

Dodgers over Atlanta 4
                    NY Mets over St. Louis 5

NY Yankees over Oakland 4
                    LA Angels over Cleveland 4

A Dream FOX LCS matchups
                    Dodgers over NY Mets 6
                    Yankees over ANgels 6

Dodgers Yankees Take your pick

Comment

Mets in the East with the Braves in second( I'd love to see the NATS get 2nd and a WC but not yet I fear)-REDS in the Central, they finished 46-46 under the radar last year because of the mid season fall. They have a really good lineup with Dunn, Kearns , Jr and now a full time Wily Mo and Encarnacion. Milton has a NL year under his belt but the problem will be if the pen can make a turnaround. Stro's are old, no Clemens until realistically June,Petite is always iffy healthwise.Cubs who knows?Cards lost some players who were key and some are getting up there.-West, Pods look like a good choice, Giants will live or die with Bonds and at this point who knows what you're getting...........AL BlueJays over Yankees----Angels in the West-CHISOX in the Central with Tribe falling short ...Mets vs Pods with Willie Randolph getting it done. Chi SOX over BlueJays with CHISOX repeating in 6 over the Mets. One sure thing.Kerry Wood will once again have a series of "stiffness, soreness, and assorted maladies" which will limit him to another 10-8 season or thereabouts and someone will finally remove the POTENTIAL tag from him.

Comment

Things have changed alot in a month

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                        I'd like to know where you got your optimism. The Sox have a front office that's about as organized as a bucket of live bait; at the point we have no CF, SS, leadoff hitter and a weird platoon at 1B.

Bucket of live bait?! That's the most appropriate description I've heard all year. I even have a visual burned in about now.

Theo has returned after his lengthy absence, you have a top flight SS in Alex Gonzalez, a peculiarly named but speedy CF/leadoff guy Coco Crisp, a strong, smart arm in Josh Beckett, and it looks like Kevin Youkilis will finally get to become an everyday player. I can't see maintaining the platoon at first, and I've followed KY's rise since he came up to Pawtucket AAA. I think the Blue Jays and Devil Rays are vastly improved, but not contenders just yet, the Yankees are due for a melt down, the Orioles are a huge puzzle, leaving the AL East the Red Sox for the taking.

I think the biggest surprise of '06 is going to be the Pirates in the NL Central, the best division in MLB. The Cards and Astros should be just about done, my Cubs have too many question marks right now, the Brewers leapfrogging last year was likely a fluke, the Reds will likely start fast and then fizzle, making the long overdue Pittsburgh club primed, and ready to make a run at the big dogs. I've been following this young club's talent from Altoona through Indy, and now to the show. Unless I miss my guess, many folks will learn what can result from patient planning through the farm system, instead of free agent busts and one sided trades.
                        Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

You people keep looking through your beer goggles, I guess. No respect for the Astros, same old story. Hello national division champs.
                          just discount that that's fine. But "just about done", "Stro's are old", "And I believe the Astros wont be able to recover from last years Sweep" : is that wishful thinking or what. Is there an intelligent argument to be made for this?

Comment

My crystal ball needs polishing

You people keep looking through your beer goggles....just about done.... is that wishful thinking or what. Is there an intelligent argument to be made for this?
                            As long as it isn't Lonestar, my beer goggles work fine. Yes it is wishful thinking to believe the Astro-naughts are ready for the big apiary in the great beyond. It is likewise fun to try to predict the upcoming season, and logic dictates most accurate predictions come from past records, and anticipated trends; "the sun came up this morning, therefore it is likely.." The NL Central is a tough one to call, top to bottom I'm convinced it is easily the best division in MLB for '06.

The defending NL Champions have a tough row to hoe, and their no-show in the WS was indicative of their problems. Only Berkman and Tavares did anything at the plate, and the team hit what, .203? They aren't getting any younger, and if you look at their pattern of reaching the post season without a series win in '80, '81, '86, '97, '98, 99, '01, and Wahoo! post season series victories in '04 followed by a loss, '05 post season series win, followed by a crushing WS sweep. Yeah, I see a pattern that might have the Astros scuffling around .500 for a couple of years, at least.
                            Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

and I conversly see a positive success pattern developing in the playoffs.
                              in 04 they beat the braves finally and took the cardinals to seven games. Then in 05 they beat the braves again with less trouble then took care of the cardinals.

sounds like improvement to me. yes they lost in the world series but was anyone saying the cardinals were finished after they got swept in 04.
                              No they were the odds on favorite to win the division.

now I see the cards getting weaker and the Astros get no respect in these predictions. Where's the logic in that

Comment

and I conversly see a positive success pattern developing in the playoffs.
                                in 04 they beat the braves finally and took the cardinals to seven games. Then in 05 they beat the braves again with less trouble then took care of the cardinals.

sounds like improvement to me. yes they lost in the world series but was anyone saying the cardinals were finished after they got swept in 04.
                                No they were the odds on favorite to win the division.

now I see the cards getting weaker and the Astros get no respect in these predictions. Where's the logic in that
                                The logic in that is that St. Louis wasn't losing their best pitcher after the 2004 season, with no discernible offense to pick up the slack.
                                EAMUS CATULI!
                                AC036198

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X