Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

::HELP:: I'm trying to buy some baseball tickets online

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ::HELP:: I'm trying to buy some baseball tickets online

    I hope this is okay for this forum for now. I'd like to atleast get some replies from people who have bought tickets online other than mlb.com

    Theres a site called Cheappricedtickets.com and I see a couple seats i'm interested in. I was wondering if anybody has bought tickets from that site before. OR, do you know of any other legit sites to buy tickets from? I've pretty much given up from buying them off mlb.com because all the good seats are taken. The game I want is Aug 5th 2006, Baltimore Orioles at home against the Yankees.

    Another question. I noticed that some of these sites already have tickets for sale and its still not avaiable on mlb.com Why is this? Do some people have early access to these tickets or what?

    The earlier I buy them the better. I live in Virginia so I'll be making a 5 hour trip so I want the seats to be good. I'm also going to NYC to see a Yankees game sometime between aug 2-4. Preferably Aug 2 on wednesday. Can anybody help me out with some info?

  • #2
    Originally posted by DodgerBlue8188
    I hope this is okay for this forum for now. I'd like to atleast get some replies from people who have bought tickets online other than mlb.com

    Theres a site called Cheappricedtickets.com and I see a couple seats i'm interested in. I was wondering if anybody has bought tickets from that site before. OR, do you know of any other legit sites to buy tickets from? I've pretty much given up from buying them off mlb.com because all the good seats are taken. The game I want is Aug 5th 2006, Baltimore Orioles at home against the Yankees.

    Another question. I noticed that some of these sites already have tickets for sale and its still not avaiable on mlb.com Why is this? Do some people have early access to these tickets or what?

    The earlier I buy them the better. I live in Virginia so I'll be making a 5 hour trip so I want the seats to be good. I'm also going to NYC to see a Yankees game sometime between aug 2-4. Preferably Aug 2 on wednesday. Can anybody help me out with some info?
    Try Razorgator. Safe, secure, reliable, good seats for all events. They've been my affiliate for years anad I've had only good experiences with them, as have those I've referred. Click HERE

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Elvis9045
      Try Razorgator. Safe, secure, reliable, good seats for all events. They've been my affiliate for years anad I've had only good experiences with them, as have those I've referred. Click HERE

      Thank you. Where exactly do these tickets come from? Regular people or the actual team?

      Comment


      • #4
        I use ebay when I do ticket purchasing online. But usually I just call the Yankees or Mets ticket office or go to the box office at the stadium.

        But ebay might work if you have no luck on that other site
        "Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, not illumination."
        -Vin Scully

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Elvis9045
          Try Razorgator. Safe, secure, reliable, good seats for all events. They've been my affiliate for years anad I've had only good experiences with them, as have those I've referred. Click HERE

          I was about to buy these tickets for 96 bucks (two of them) then they talk about another fee you have to pay which adds like 19 bucks, then there is a shipping charge which is atleast like 9 more bucks. So I'm going to have to look around more. I can't see myself paying over 115 bucks for each ticket.

          Comment


          • #6
            This subject interests me since I live 4 or 5 hours away from ML parks. Why are there at least 50 to a 100 internet ticket companies and they all charge the same $150 per seat price for a $45 ticket? Premium box seats are all around $2,750 for a good game! Where is the competition?
            "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
            "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TonyK
              This subject interests me since I live 4 or 5 hours away from ML parks. Why are there at least 50 to a 100 internet ticket companies and they all charge the same $150 per seat price for a $45 ticket? Premium box seats are all around $2,750 for a good game! Where is the competition?
              It isn't just internet ticket agents, It's ticket brokers in general. I remember having to go to a ticket broker years ago -- before the interenet age -- and being a little shocked how much over face value they were charging. Today's online agencies, like Razorgator, are just the same as any ticket broker of the past, however, the internet means you're going to pay shipping and handling above the standard "cut" all agencies charge in their ticket prices.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Elvis9045
                It isn't just internet ticket agents, It's ticket brokers in general. I remember having to go to a ticket broker years ago -- before the interenet age -- and being a little shocked how much over face value they were charging. Today's online agencies, like Razorgator, are just the same as any ticket broker of the past, however, the internet means you're going to pay shipping and handling above the standard "cut" all agencies charge in their ticket prices.
                These brokers are probably buying up many seats in season ticket packages. That means the fans like me who want to go to one or two games per year cannot get good seats at face value in some ballparks. So I either sit in the nose bleed section or pay a broker 4 to 50 times the value of the ticket. I would never pay $250 to $2,500 for one ticket to a regular season game. I'm sure some people would.
                "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X