No announcement yet.

15 titles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason people vote yes is because we'e in a Braves forum. Put this in any other forum and the majority will say no.
    Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
      The only reason people vote yes is because we'e in a Braves forum. Put this in any other forum and the majority will say no.
      Yes they would but they also said the last couple of years the Braves would lose so the opinion of fans don't really matter. About 1994 no one did win the division which is true and we can all argue about if the Braves are going for their 15th or 12th but if you are a Braves' fan then it will be 15 and if you really want to be technical then it is their 12th. The ones you should really be mad at is the media (ESPN and other networks) which are the ones that really push the consecutive division winning streaks. Another example of them not giving the full truth is when USC was going for their "Three-peat" even though they were actually going for their 2nd straight national titles. As a Braves' fan I do think its their 15th but I also recognize that the Braves did not win the 1994 season and that there was a decent chance that the wouldn't have.
      Extend Prado!!!

Comment

If you don't like the number 15, go to another thread. JMO
        Braves Fan Forever
        Rico Carty, Eddie Mathews, Evan Longoria

http://public.fotki.com/cpope3/

Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Great point, everybody here (including myself) will say the Braves are gonna win the division, but if we could take this to a broader forum it would get more mixed reviews.
          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Lets say this.
            The Braves have been the last 14 NL East Division leaders of those awarded
            or
            The Braves have ben the last 14 NL East Division leaders in non-strike seasons.
            Last edited by redlegsfan21; 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM.
            Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarfn5
              Lets say this.
              The Braves have been the last 14 NL East Division leaders of those awarded
              or
              The Braves have ben the last 14 NL East Division leaders in non-strike seasons.
              But the first three titles were from the NL West.
              But, yes, 14 opportunites to win divisions presented to them, 14 divisions won. In regards to team success, 1994 has been rendered moot.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                That's what everyone said last year and the year they got Mo Vaughn, Jeromy Burnitz, and Roberto Alomar. We'll see about it!

Yea, well none of them had a good season.

Same as Beltran and Pedro, Pedro did ok but not reaching his standards.

So maybe Wagner and Delgado might not produce
                Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                  But the first three titles were from the NL West.
                  But, yes, 14 opportunites to win divisions presented to them, 14 divisions won. In regards to team success, 1994 has been rendered moot.
                  The Expos are the 94 division winners.
                  Cristobal

Comment

I think they can do it again.

Of course the Mets had the best off season (as usual), but they still have to prove it.

I would put my money on the Braves again. Let's hope they will get any further than the NLDS.

Comment

though mazzone flew the coop to the orioles, the braves are a pretty good bet.
                      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

On paper, the Mets are a better team, but that's just on paper. We know what happen to O's and the Mets of a few years back that looked very good on paper and end up being very bad on the field. Of course, Delgado is no Mo Vaughn. Mets do have to prove they're as good as they are on paper, like the Blue Jays have to do in AL East.

So, at this point, I can't really pick a winner for the NL East. But, I'll stick with Altanta, even without a legit closer again, Altanta keep winning, even after the past two years I picked against them to win the division.

HankAaron86, Pedro was one of the bestest pitcher in NL last season. How did he not reach his level last year?

Beltran should hit a little better, but not that great. Maybe hit a few more home runs and have more RBI with the line-up improved. Beltran should steal a lot more bases and run better on the bases. Still, I will stand by the fact that Beltran's value is vastly over-rated due contract the Mets sign him. He did without a doubt cashed in on his amazing 2004 post-season.

Comment

The Expos are the 94 division winners.
                          Partial seasons without a postseason do not officially count toward the record. Sorry, but would have, could have, should have still doesn't equal a did.
                          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X