• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
    The Expos are the 94 division winners.
    Partial seasons without a postseason do not officially count toward the record. Sorry, but would have, could have, should have still doesn't equal a did.

Leave a comment:

• Evangelion
    replied
    On paper, the Mets are a better team, but that's just on paper. We know what happen to O's and the Mets of a few years back that looked very good on paper and end up being very bad on the field. Of course, Delgado is no Mo Vaughn. Mets do have to prove they're as good as they are on paper, like the Blue Jays have to do in AL East.

So, at this point, I can't really pick a winner for the NL East. But, I'll stick with Altanta, even without a legit closer again, Altanta keep winning, even after the past two years I picked against them to win the division.

HankAaron86, Pedro was one of the bestest pitcher in NL last season. How did he not reach his level last year?

Beltran should hit a little better, but not that great. Maybe hit a few more home runs and have more RBI with the line-up improved. Beltran should steal a lot more bases and run better on the bases. Still, I will stand by the fact that Beltran's value is vastly over-rated due contract the Mets sign him. He did without a doubt cashed in on his amazing 2004 post-season.

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    though mazzone flew the coop to the orioles, the braves are a pretty good bet.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think they can do it again.

Of course the Mets had the best off season (as usual), but they still have to prove it.

I would put my money on the Braves again. Let's hope they will get any further than the NLDS.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    But the first three titles were from the NL West.
    But, yes, 14 opportunites to win divisions presented to them, 14 divisions won. In regards to team success, 1994 has been rendered moot.
    The Expos are the 94 division winners.

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
    That's what everyone said last year and the year they got Mo Vaughn, Jeromy Burnitz, and Roberto Alomar. We'll see about it!

Yea, well none of them had a good season.

Same as Beltran and Pedro, Pedro did ok but not reaching his standards.

So maybe Wagner and Delgado might not produce

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by nascarfn5
    Lets say this.
    The Braves have been the last 14 NL East Division leaders of those awarded
    or
    The Braves have ben the last 14 NL East Division leaders in non-strike seasons.
    But the first three titles were from the NL West.
    But, yes, 14 opportunites to win divisions presented to them, 14 divisions won. In regards to team success, 1994 has been rendered moot.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Lets say this.
    The Braves have been the last 14 NL East Division leaders of those awarded
    or
    The Braves have ben the last 14 NL East Division leaders in non-strike seasons.
    Last edited by redlegsfan21; 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    The only reason people vote yes is because we'e in a Braves forum. Put this in any other forum and the majority will say no.
    Great point, everybody here (including myself) will say the Braves are gonna win the division, but if we could take this to a broader forum it would get more mixed reviews.

Leave a comment:

• Cpope
    replied
    If you don't like the number 15, go to another thread. JMO

Leave a comment:

• PureBaseballFan
    replied
    The only reason people vote yes is because we'e in a Braves forum. Put this in any other forum and the majority will say no.
    Yes they would but they also said the last couple of years the Braves would lose so the opinion of fans don't really matter. About 1994 no one did win the division which is true and we can all argue about if the Braves are going for their 15th or 12th but if you are a Braves' fan then it will be 15 and if you really want to be technical then it is their 12th. The ones you should really be mad at is the media (ESPN and other networks) which are the ones that really push the consecutive division winning streaks. Another example of them not giving the full truth is when USC was going for their "Three-peat" even though they were actually going for their 2nd straight national titles. As a Braves' fan I do think its their 15th but I also recognize that the Braves did not win the 1994 season and that there was a decent chance that the wouldn't have.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KingJ
    replied
    Hard to get 15th consecutive when you've only had 11 consecutive. No, I'm not saying the Expos won the 1994 because, as braves fans are quick to point out, titles weren't awarded which means NOBODY won the 1994 NL East so it is:

11 consecutive titles by Braves.
    Nobody.
    3 consecutive titles by Braves.

Leave a comment:

• Gjm130
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
    My point is that even if no division titles were given out, the Braves still don't have 14 consecutive titles. How can they have 14 consecutive titles if the Braves didn't win the 1994 title? I consider the Expos the 1994 NL East champs. Yes, I'm being nit picky.
    You are absolutly right!!!!!!!!!
    The Expos would have been, could have been, should have been the 94 NL East Champs.....if only Selig didn't announce that strike....

94 Expos Roster

Pedro Martinez
    Ken Hill
    Darrin Fletcher
    Wil Cordero
    Cliff Floyd
    Moises Alou
    Marquis Grissom
    Larry Walker
    Rondell White
    Last edited by Gjm130; 01-30-2006, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gjm130
    replied
    I say, you keep Cox as your manager in the regular season and when you reach the playoffs, you fire the guy and acquire some other non-playoff contendor team's coach....

Seems risky, but, it's been a while...

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X