Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoMurphys
    Thanks for the replies so far. Keep em coming

Any one remember any really good pitching duels ?

July 22, 2005 - STL 2, Cubs 1 in 11 innings

Zambrano Vs. Carpenter. both throw 9 innings of 1 run ball, with Zambrano turning in the better of the two great performances.

but, as has been the case for years now, the bullpen lets a great outing go to waste
    Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

I dont remember the date. But the Dodgers came back and beat the Braves after a Braves hitter hit a grand slam I think, then Bradley came right back with a grandslam of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgerBlue8188
        I dont remember the date. But the Dodgers came back and beat the Braves after a Braves hitter hit a grand slam I think, then Bradley came right back with a grandslam of his own.

A friday in May date not sure

Comment

another couple real good duels in the past year

August 12, 2005 - MIN 1, OAK 0

Santana Vs. Haren

April 29, 2005 - TOR 2, NYY 0

Halladay Vs. Johnson
          Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Santana v Colon Santana win's streak was broken April I believe

Comment

The best game for me was The Cardinals comeback in the top of the ninth againt The Reds. They were down 6 runs ... 9-3 in the ninth, came back to score 7 runs in the top of the ninth to win 10-9.

Great half an inning.

Here's a link to the game:

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Comment

Originally posted by Where is Chone Figgins
                How about Angels winning 5 out of 6 from the Dodgers

Or the ANgels making the playoffs while the Dodgers won what 70 games
                We're talking about specific games here, not the season overall.
                SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

I also remember a ten inning shutout...I believe Carpenter against the Astros in a pitching duel vs Clemens (don't remember the exact date, maybe someone can help)

Comment

Opening Day: Reds come back in the bottom of the ninth with 3 runs with a walk-off homer from Joe Randa in his first game as a Red. Then the season kinda got worse and worse for me.
                    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberl
                      I also remember a ten inning shutout...I believe Carpenter against the Astros in a pitching duel vs Clemens (don't remember the exact date, maybe someone can help)
                      Wasn't it Mulder?
                      SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                      "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Pirates 3 Cubs 0

July 16th, at Wrigley. Rookie Zach Duke pitched a masterpiece, rapped his first MLB RBI on a sac fly, and beat Maddux and my Cubs in one of best pitching duels I've ever seen. Neither man was overpowering, but they were both hitting their spots and frustrating the opposing hitters.
                        Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

One game I remember especially from '05 was the June 12th Red Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley, in which Wakefield pitched very well and also scored all the way from 1st on a double. No big deal you might say, except that's a long-time AL pitcher with not a heck of a lot of baserunning experience, pelting around the bases, windmilling his arms as if he was fighting off a swarm of bees, and slid in safely under the throw. Perty cool. Oh, and the Sox won which makes it cooler still.
                          --Annie
                          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                          Remember Yellowdog
                          ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoMurphys
                            Thanks for the replies so far. Keep em coming

Any one remember any really good pitching duels ?
                            4/4 Cle/Chi
                            4/7 SD/Pit
                            4/11 SD/Cub
                            4/13 Mets/Hou
                            4/16 Oak/Angel
                            4/18 Atl/Hou
                            4/21 Bos/Bal
                            4/23 StL/Hou
                            4/24 angel/Oak
                            5/3 Tor/Bal
                            5/19 Wash/Mil . . .
                            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Yeah, that was Mulder.
                              THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Originally posted by digglahhh
                                Yeah, that was Mulder.
                                Oh yes, my fault, I remember the game but I didn't check if my memory was good! Thanks and sorry!
                                But that game is a must have!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X