Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankeebiscuitfan
    Guest replied
    BTW Letsgomurphys, there is a thread about nationalities on the "current events" board. Europe is just a bit behind the US. With your vote we can surpass them.

Leave a comment:

• Yankeebiscuitfan
    Guest replied
    July 21st. Angels vs Yankees.

Leave a comment:

• Jake83
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    4/4 Cle/Chi
    4/16 Oak/Angel
    4/24 angel/Oak
    . .

Any Angels vs A's game is entertaining it is the most underated baseball rivarly.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Casey
    replied
    For me, it was definitely the 18-inning Braves v. Astros game

Leave a comment:

• Solair Wright
    replied
    If you were to ask me, I would say when the Cardinals won on April 21 thanks to Chris Carpenter pitching a Complete game shutout against the Cubs. It would've been a different story if Z was pitching instead of Dempster (he's better off a closer), and the Cards won 5-0. Rolen and Walker both fueled runs, and Carpenter retiring batters only made matters worse. No wonder why he's the NL Cy Young winner.

Leave a comment:

• Sberl
    replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh
    Yeah, that was Mulder.
    Oh yes, my fault, I remember the game but I didn't check if my memory was good! Thanks and sorry!
    But that game is a must have!

Leave a comment:

• digglahhh
    replied
    Yeah, that was Mulder.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoMurphys
    Thanks for the replies so far. Keep em coming

Any one remember any really good pitching duels ?
    4/4 Cle/Chi
    4/7 SD/Pit
    4/11 SD/Cub
    4/13 Mets/Hou
    4/16 Oak/Angel
    4/18 Atl/Hou
    4/21 Bos/Bal
    4/23 StL/Hou
    4/24 angel/Oak
    5/3 Tor/Bal
    5/19 Wash/Mil . . .

Leave a comment:

• VTSoxFan
    replied
    One game I remember especially from '05 was the June 12th Red Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley, in which Wakefield pitched very well and also scored all the way from 1st on a double. No big deal you might say, except that's a long-time AL pitcher with not a heck of a lot of baserunning experience, pelting around the bases, windmilling his arms as if he was fighting off a swarm of bees, and slid in safely under the throw. Perty cool. Oh, and the Sox won which makes it cooler still.

Leave a comment:

• trosmok
    replied
    Pirates 3 Cubs 0

July 16th, at Wrigley. Rookie Zach Duke pitched a masterpiece, rapped his first MLB RBI on a sac fly, and beat Maddux and my Cubs in one of best pitching duels I've ever seen. Neither man was overpowering, but they were both hitting their spots and frustrating the opposing hitters.

Leave a comment:

• mojorisin71
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberl
    I also remember a ten inning shutout...I believe Carpenter against the Astros in a pitching duel vs Clemens (don't remember the exact date, maybe someone can help)
    Wasn't it Mulder?

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Opening Day: Reds come back in the bottom of the ninth with 3 runs with a walk-off homer from Joe Randa in his first game as a Red. Then the season kinda got worse and worse for me.

Leave a comment:

• Sberl
    replied
    I also remember a ten inning shutout...I believe Carpenter against the Astros in a pitching duel vs Clemens (don't remember the exact date, maybe someone can help)

Leave a comment:

• mojorisin71
    replied
    Originally posted by Where is Chone Figgins
    How about Angels winning 5 out of 6 from the Dodgers

Or the ANgels making the playoffs while the Dodgers won what 70 games
    We're talking about specific games here, not the season overall.

Leave a comment:

• Brannu
    replied
    The best game for me was The Cardinals comeback in the top of the ninth againt The Reds. They were down 6 runs ... 9-3 in the ninth, came back to score 7 runs in the top of the ninth to win 10-9.

Great half an inning.

Here's a link to the game:

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X